NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:35 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Spo wasn’t a top 3 coach back when lebron was there. In fact, he took a lot of criticism back then. He’s gotten a LOT better as a coach after lebron left. 

This.  Also, I don't think the argument was/is can Lebron play for a good coach.  The argument (at least the way I interpreted it) is can Lebron play with a coach like Pop, who runs a tight ship. 

Spo is a good coach, but Lebron definitely pushed him around and this was with Riley running a tight ship. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:43 PM
posted by like_that

This.  Also, I don't think the argument was/is can Lebron play for a good coach.  The argument (at least the way I interpreted it) is can Lebron play with a coach like Pop, who runs a tight ship. 

Spo is a good coach, but Lebron definitely pushed him around and this was with Riley running a tight ship. 

That's what I meant. If Pop were a doormat, sure Lebron could play for him.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 4:35 PM

I lost a ton of respect for Kawhi after this season. After the shit Golden State pulled on him last year, you'd think he'd be gunning for them all season. I had never considered him not liking the Spurs/Popovich but who the hell knows what goes through his mind. Not many better gigs out there than being the star, max contract player for the San Antonio Spurs. I wonder where he'd rather be?

And to echo what S&L said, Spoelstra wasn't an elite coach throughout Lebron's tenure there. Maybe by the time he left he'd be considered so. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 7:07 PM

Spo was not what he is now, I’ll agree with that. But he was criminally underrated in what he did with that Miami team. I’ll stand by that.

And I agree, as I said earlier, LeBron couldn’t play for Pop. I don’t think it has to do with his demeanor though, more the system that he runs. Ball movement and multiple people running the offense is not what LeBron does.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:00 PM

wtf Oklahoma City

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:05 PM

Crowder going off lol

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:15 PM

OKC sucks

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:28 PM

And it’s tied lol wtf

friendfromlowry

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 12:01 AM

And Oklahoma City wins. How about that. Utah choked that away big time.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 12:06 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

wtf Oklahoma City

wtf Salt Lake

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 6:08 AM

Utah up 25 when I made my post with 8:40 left in the 3rd....had it tied with 35 seconds left in the 3rd

Insane

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 7:09 AM
posted by Ironman92

Utah up 25 when I made my post with 8:40 left in the 3rd....had it tied with 35 seconds left in the 3rd

Insane

Yeah, wtf happened?  I went to bed believing this was a blow out.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 7:11 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, wtf happened?  I went to bed believing this was a blow out.

Reading the play by play Westbrook and George took over and Utah missing everyg

friendfromlowry

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Gobert in foul trouble missing a lot of action didn't help Utah, either. 

I think it came down to Westbrook and George not wanting to be eliminated that night. Also, Lol at those two for combining for 79 points and there's Melo with his 7 points. He's been trash for most of this series. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 9:32 AM

Run came with Melo out. Donovan is gonna have some choices. Melo shouldn’t be in the rotation, but that’s tough as a coach.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Apr 27, 2018 5:18 AM

Saturday night:

Milwaukee at Boston game 7. I haven't watched much of this series but you can never turn down a game 7. Hoping Milwaukee pulls it out.

New Orleans at Golden State game 1. I think it'll be a great series (and winnable for New Orleans). Now watch Golden State win by 20. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 27, 2018 6:55 PM

I could watch that 10x and still laugh each time

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 1:14 AM

Playoff P. Lol. GTFO.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 1:21 AM

That no call was brutal. George didn’t really lean all that much either.

But man, not good when Russ has to take 50 shots for it to be close.

mhs95_06

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 1:45 AM
posted by Laley23

That no call was brutal. George didn’t really lean all that much either.

I want to see the end view to see how far George went laterally into the defender to initiate the contact trying to draw a foul.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 2:00 AM
posted by mhs95_06

I want to see the end view to see how far George went laterally into the defender to initiate the contact trying to draw a foul.

Regardless, every star gets that call. Hell, Love has gotten 3 times this series and he sucks right now.

Form the side view though, he didn’t appear to lean very far.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 8:52 AM

2-16 and 0-6

Good god.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 8:30 PM

I think for me, my focus would be on kind of figuring out what I want out of the rest of my career, what I want in my future, what am I willing to accept, if I'm willing to accept that at all," Anthony, 34, said. "I think everybody knows that I've sacrificed kind of damned near everything, family, moving here by myself, sacrificed my game for the sake of the team, and was willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order for this situation to work out.

-Carmelo Anthony, on sacrificing everything (including playing good playoff basketball) but not including still making $28 million next season. What a tool.