NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 8, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by like_that

Same.  More confident than you thought New Orleans would give GSW a series.  lol sorry, I had to.

:-(

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 4:23 PM
posted by Ironman92

So basically this McConnell makes bad decisions?

I think it’s funny that you defend the least likable NFL player (roeth) so much. You have to realize he’s an asshole POS, right? You can’t be that naive right? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 8, 2018 4:33 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I think it’s funny that you defend the least likable NFL player (roeth) so much. You have to realize he’s an asshole POS, right? You can’t be that naive right? 

(S) decisions....plural

Bad decision #1 rooting for Ben/Steelers

Bad decision #2 getting mad and going to root for Bengals 

Automatik

Tue, May 8, 2018 4:33 PM

Do you know that LeBron is also an asshole to people? 

Also, he has more game winners in the playoffs than Kobe and MJ combined. TAKE THAT BR!

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 4:44 PM
posted by Automatik

Do you know that LeBron is also an asshole to people? 

Also, he has more game winners in the playoffs than Kobe and MJ combined. TAKE THAT BR!

Lol @ comparing lebron to roethlisberger. Lebron isn’t an angel, but he doesn’t rape girls in bathrooms, throw recently drafted 21 year olds under the bus, etc. 

Automatik

Tue, May 8, 2018 4:46 PM

He definitely treats people as if they are below him. Pro athletes are pricks. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 5:05 PM
posted by Automatik

He definitely treats people as if they are below him. Pro athletes are pricks. 

You’re comparing apples to oranges. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 8, 2018 6:01 PM

Also, im pretty sure most of us have been pretty open about how we think Lebron is pretty douchey. BR is included in that group. Steelers fans still can’t call a spade a spade with rapistberger.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 8, 2018 6:10 PM

Not all pro athletes are pricks at all

BR1986FB

Tue, May 8, 2018 8:32 PM
posted by like_that

Also, im pretty sure most of us have been pretty open about how we think Lebron is pretty douchey. BR is included in that group. Steelers fans still can’t call a spade a spade with rapistberger.

Yep. When that all went down there were flocks of people saying either trade him or release him (Roethlisberger), "he's scum", etc. Fast forward to after suspension and the hypocrites are holding up "Big Ben Godsend" murals like he's some kind of deity. Had it been one isolated incident with him I could be persuaded that it was a money grab but THREE times? I also have no trouble saying that Jim Brown is a POS and I'd have a hard time rooting for him.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 9:19 PM

I was just going to mention Jim brown. I don’t know a single browns fan who actually respects or likes that guy. He can GFH. But if he were a squeeler, their fans would adore him. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 8, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I was just going to mention Jim brown. I don’t know a single browns fan who actually respects or likes that guy. He can GFH. But if he were a squeeler, their fans would adore him. 

Yep, this exactly. Only a few franchises act like that, Steelers & Cowboys come to mind immediately.

Steelers:

James Harrison: Dometic Abuse to his GF. Steelers had NO issue resigning him after the incident. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2014/09/23/steelers-foresee-no-issues-with-re-signing-admitted-woman-batterer-james-harrison/16112301/

Rasard Mendenhall: 9/11 truther/Islam extremist sympathiser.

Cowboys: Elliot & Greg Hardy come to mind immediately.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 8, 2018 9:54 PM

Don't forget the Bengals with Pacman and Burfict. Although Bengals fans (IMO) overwhelmingly hated Pacman and Burfict is probably half like/half dislike. At least they finally told Pacman to get lost.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 10:14 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Yep, this exactly. Only a few franchises act like that, Steelers & Cowboys come to mind immediately.

Steelers:

James Harrison: Dometic Abuse to his GF. Steelers had NO issue resigning him after the incident. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2014/09/23/steelers-foresee-no-issues-with-re-signing-admitted-woman-batterer-james-harrison/16112301/

Rasard Mendenhall: 9/11 truther/Islam extremist sympathiser.

Cowboys: Elliot & Greg Hardy come to mind immediately.

But then some no name 7th round draft pick (Cedrick Wilson) gets accused of domestic violence, and the Rooney’s cut him and the country gushes over it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 8, 2018 10:18 PM

I needed to save my post on this topic from 2-3 years ago. I didn’t so I’ll just stay out of it. I will recommend starting a separate thread or keep it going on the nfl thread.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 8, 2018 10:54 PM

CP3 and Harden both shot 22 times

Paul had 41 and Harden scores 18

MVP!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 9, 2018 6:56 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

But then some no name 7th round draft pick (Cedrick Wilson) gets accused of domestic violence, and the Rooney’s cut him and the country gushes over it. 

Don't forget the time thavoice virtue signaled over Leveon Bell smoking weed. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 9, 2018 7:03 AM
posted by Ironman92

I needed to save my post on this topic from 2-3 years ago. I didn’t so I’ll just stay out of it. I will recommend starting a separate thread or keep it going on the nfl thread.

I recall the post and I know where you are getting to, but it's not the same.  Accepting character issue guys on your team is part of being a fan of professional orgs.  Most teams have them and I get that having this vision of every player being a boy scout (like we did as kids) is never going to happen.  The part I give Steelers fans shit for is how butt hurt they get when we shit on their low character issue guys.  The defense mode kicks in and then most of you all pretend like it's undeserved.  Fuck that.  As I said earlier call a spade a spade.  There are several players on past all Cleveland teams I thought were scumbags.

Comparing LBJ and Rapistberger is quite the stretch since one is overall a good person (sending thousands of kids to college for free), while the other one rapes people.  With that being said, most of us here have made it clear that Lebron is a douche. Hell, BR even went as far to say he is ready for him to leave and end the drama.

BR1986FB

Wed, May 9, 2018 7:35 AM
posted by like_that

There are several players on past all Cleveland teams I thought were scumbags.

I was far from thrilled when the Browns took Antonio Callaway in this draft. Distinctly recall giving Shaun Rogers shit for taking a gun into an airport. Character issues are going to happen. Don't necessarily have an issue with the guys who smoke weed, except the dumb ones who repeatedly get caught when they know it's against the rules (see Josh Gordon) but guys who beat women, kill, rape or hurt domestic animals can gft.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:03 AM
posted by like_that

I recall the post and I know where you are getting to, but it's not the same.  Accepting character issue guys on your team is part of being a fan of professional orgs.  Most teams have them and I get that having this vision of every player being a boy scout (like we did as kids) is never going to happen.  The part I give Steelers fans shit for is how butt hurt they get when we shit on their low character issue guys.  The defense mode kicks in and then most of you all pretend like it's undeserved.  Fuck that.  As I said earlier call a spade a spade.  There are several players on past all Cleveland teams I thought were scumbags.

Comparing LBJ and Rapistberger is quite the stretch since one is overall a good person (sending thousands of kids to college for free), while the other one rapes people.  With that being said, most of us here have made it clear that Lebron is a douche. Hell, BR even went as far to say he is ready for him to leave and end the drama.

I’m sorry but LeBron and Ben are awful comparisons. I do get tired of being lumped in with idiot Steelers fans (not most Steelers fans on here) I know 98% is for sport and you know damn well how squeaky clean and lame I am and no way do I condone anyone every raping anyone in any way.

Ben as a human beings sucks in so many ways. Who denies this? Is there a single person on here that denies that? Any player that acts like a baby when his team drafts someone in his position is just the worst. God forbid a team draft someone that might replace you or compete with you. Ben is dramatic, immature, irritating and his past occurrences earn the scumbag POS title. I don’t know what else to say?

I still think my old post was very applicable here but I honestly probably don’t remember as well as you do.

I’ll ask again ....can we move this to it’s own thread? I’ll play as much as you want.

BR1986FB

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:09 AM
posted by Ironman92

Ben as a human beings sucks in so many ways. Who denies this? Is there a single person on here that denies that? 

Maybe not on this site but if I make a "rapist" comment to most Steeler fans I know personally, the response is "never proven" or "oh....you're one of THOSE guys." The fact that what happened is far in the rear view mirror has given a lot of Pittsburgh fans the excuse to be an apologist/have selective memory for him. Not saying it's happening on here but if it's brought up, as a Browns fan, I'm "jealous." No, as like_that said....I call a spade a spade.

I do agree this belongs on another thread.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:16 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Maybe not on this site but if I make a "rapist" comment to most Steeler fans I know personally, the response is "never proven" or "oh....you're one of THOSE guys." The fact that what happened is far in the rear view mirror has given a lot of Pittsburgh fans the excuse to be an apologist/have selective memory for him. Not saying it's happening on here but if it's brought up, as a Browns fan, I'm "jealous." No, as like_that said....I call a spade a spade.

I do agree this belongs on another thread.

Yes, there are great amounts of idiot Steelers fans. Most I see around here supporting the gear....losers. I just think that everyone on here knows everyone else’s thoughts on Ben. Like I said, I’ll participate as much as anyone but I think it’s already known info.

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:20 AM

Or Steelers fans will deflect and point out a scumbag on your team. Ala, automatik turning the convo to lebron lol. 

BR1986FB

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:23 AM
posted by Ironman92

Yes, there are great amounts of idiot Steelers fans. Most I see around here supporting the gear....losers. I just think that everyone on here knows everyone else’s thoughts on Ben. Like I said, I’ll participate as much as anyone but I think it’s already known info.

I get it. Some of my fellow Browns fans aren't the brightest crayons in the box and still pine for Manziel.