NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 9, 2018 8:33 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’m sorry but LeBron and Ben are awful comparisons. I do get tired of being lumped in with idiot Steelers fans (not most Steelers fans on here) I know 98% is for sport and you know damn well how squeaky clean and lame I am and no way do I condone anyone every raping anyone in any way.

Ben as a human beings sucks in so many ways. Who denies this? Is there a single person on here that denies that? Any player that acts like a baby when his team drafts someone in his position is just the worst. God forbid a team draft someone that might replace you or compete with you. Ben is dramatic, immature, irritating and his past occurrences earn the scumbag POS title. I don’t know what else to say?

I still think my old post was very applicable here but I honestly probably don’t remember as well as you do.

I’ll ask again ....can we move this to it’s own thread? I’ll play as much as you want.

I only brought up Lebron, because Auto did.  Auto could have picked someone better than that lol. I am not claiming you're a bad person for rooting for the Steelers (although you have seen my takes on you all being bandwagon fans), I am just saying it's ok to accept that some of your players are scumbags instead of finding the need to deflect or defend them.  Maybe I missed it, but I still haven't seen one person just say yeah Rapistberger is a piece of shit.   We can  move this to another thread, fine by me.  It is an interesting convo of where the line goes with rooting for your team and having scumbags on them. I thought crowell was a piece of shit, but if the Browns were winning I would be lying if I said I wouldn't get excited if he broke a couple 50+ yard TD runs on the Steelers. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, May 9, 2018 9:16 AM

So how bout those NBA playoffs? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 9, 2018 9:18 AM
posted by wildcats20

So how bout those NBA playoffs? 

Good shit.  I say the Celtics close it out tonight.  WCF starts May 14th I think I saw, so if the Celtics close out tonight I wonder if the Cavs series will begin May 13 or 15.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, May 9, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by like_that

Good shit.  I say the Celtics close it out tonight.  WCF starts May 14th I think I saw, so if the Celtics close out tonight I wonder if the Cavs series will begin May 13 or 15.

Unless it goes 7, it will start on Sunday...at least according to this article. 

https://247sports.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/Bolt/Potential-NBA-Eastern-Conference-Finals-schedule-for-first-3-games--118059921

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, May 9, 2018 12:34 PM

Casey getting Coach of the Year, and might be fired by the Raps. What a country.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, May 9, 2018 12:55 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Casey getting Coach of the Year, and might be fired by the Raps. What a country.

Geesh

superman

Wed, May 9, 2018 2:12 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Stupid Canadians.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, May 9, 2018 4:57 PM

Apparently Paul George had some sort of surgery today. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 9, 2018 5:02 PM

I think the Raptors need to change something up, but I don't think firing Casey is the solution. 

superman

Wed, May 9, 2018 10:11 PM

Sixers fighting to stay alive. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, May 9, 2018 10:50 PM

Sixers suck at the end of these games

superman

Thu, May 10, 2018 12:10 AM

Smart travelled at the end. Sixers should have had a final shot. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 6:05 AM
posted by superman

Smart travelled at the end. Sixers should have had a final shot. 

I thought that live but also know they only call about 1/5 of the actual travels

superman

Thu, May 10, 2018 11:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

I thought that live but also know they only call about 1/5 of the actual travels

I'm guessing that call is made in Philly.  

thavoice

Thu, May 10, 2018 11:54 AM
posted by like_that

Also, im pretty sure most of us have been pretty open about how we think Lebron is pretty douchey. BR is included in that group. Steelers fans still can’t call a spade a spade with rapistberger.

Nah,  many Steeler fans like my self agree BR is a dick.....but if wins,which he has done a lot of, we strive on.

Older I get the less I care about th players and more about team results 

Automatik

Thu, May 10, 2018 12:44 PM

Any interest in the ongoing ROY debate? 

IMO....Simmons > Mitchell and it's not really close.

But the fact that you can sit the first year then be considered a rookie is nonsense. The minute you sign your first NBA deal you're a rookie, end of discussion.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 12:49 PM
posted by Automatik

Any interest in the ongoing ROY debate? 

IMO....Simmons > Mitchell and it's not really close.

But the fact that you can sit the first year then be considered a rookie is nonsense. The minute you sign your first NBA deal you're a rookie, end of discussion.

Mitchell went way beyond expectations and Utah did as well without Hayward. I’m definitely taking Simmons on my team over Mitchell but that isn’t the question.

I really have no issue with either winning or there being a co winner.

Simmons is a mid range jumper from being elite

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 10, 2018 1:34 PM

I’m taking Mitchell over Simmons 100 times out of 100 times. I like Simmons, but Mitchell is on another level. 

bigdaddy2003

Thu, May 10, 2018 2:08 PM

How is it possible that none of the coaches picked Brad Stevens for coach of the year? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 2:15 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m taking Mitchell over Simmons 100 times out of 100 times. I like Simmons, but Mitchell is on another level. 

Sounds like a fun avatar bet of sorts but too long of a process.

Maybe this place will still be around in 5 years and we can come back to it.

Automatik

Thu, May 10, 2018 2:35 PM

Simmons had a historical year and compared to Mitchell, is better at every measurable aside from ppg. 

People love scoring though, so I understand why they would take Mitchell. I'd venture to say if you polled  NBA GMs on who they would prefer, it would be Simmons in a landslide.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 10, 2018 2:50 PM

I’m not sure how anyone could want Mitchell over Simmons. That seems absurd to me. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 10, 2018 3:14 PM
posted by Laley23

I’m not sure how anyone could want Mitchell over Simmons. That seems absurd to me. 

I think he’s a better player and more clutch. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 10, 2018 3:51 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I think he’s a better player and more clutch. 

Yeah, I mean I gathered that. It just goes against every single metric out there comparing the 2.

superman

Thu, May 10, 2018 5:49 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Scary to think that Philly could have both.