Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 22, 2018 8:29 PM

Terrible call on Beal, and now he’s fouled out 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 22, 2018 9:08 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Hindsight is 20/20, but giving up D Wade at the trade deadline was incredibly stupid. 

He wasn’t playing well in Cleveland at all, but we got him to give 20 good playoff minutes. And he’s giving Miami great playoff minutes. And we gave up on him because he wasn’t having a good regular season. Sigh

I thought they traded him over locker room issues?

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 22, 2018 9:15 PM
posted by like_that

I thought they traded him over locker room issues?

Who knows. But he was signed for his playoff experience and what he can contribute in the playoffs. We didn’t allow that to happen and now he’s having a great playoff series for another team. 

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Sun, Apr 22, 2018 9:48 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Who knows. But he was signed for his playoff experience and what he can contribute in the playoffs. We didn’t allow that to happen and now he’s having a great playoff series for another team. 

D-Rose also having a good post-season. 14 PPG in 20 minutes on 49% shooting.

Mulva

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 9:55 PM

50 point quarter god damn

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Apr 24, 2018 8:29 AM

Watched that game until half time.  3rd quarter I was screwing around on my computer, and I looked up and saw the spread.  Couldn't believe it. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Apr 24, 2018 9:15 PM

Bucks have 68 points with 8 min left in the game...Houston had 50 points last night in a quarter. East is so average, and West has absolutely zero defense of any sort.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 24, 2018 10:42 PM

Trust the process.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 1:14 AM

Golden State and New Orleans in second round. Should be really good.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 6:08 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Golden State and New Orleans in second round. Should be really good.

Not sure I see it

GS in 5

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 6:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

Not sure I see it

GS in 5

God I hope not. It'd be nice to see them get punched in the mouth before the WCF (if they even do then). 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 7:41 AM

I think the Jazz/Rockets series will be a very tight 6 games with Rockets winning a couple very very late.

I lol at Harden/Paul taking out the Warriors. I say zero chance.

The East? Who knows lol. I’ll have a stronger opinion after game 5 Cavs/Pacers

bigdaddy2003

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:46 AM

What do you guys think is actually going on with Kawhi Leonard? 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 11:58 AM
posted by bigdaddy2003

He wants a max deal next offseason and doesn’t want to play for Pop anymore. Using his current injury as an excuse not to playfor him and possibly get hurt. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:09 PM

I am not up to date with the NBA soap opera that is Kawhi Leonard.  Why does he not want to play for Pop?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:29 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

I think he’s wired a little different and no longer can stand the Spurs.

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think he’s wired a little different and no longer can stand the Spurs.

I think Pop is a bit more laid back version of Bill Belichick and not everyone is a fan of that type of system. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think Pop is a bit more laid back version of Bill Belichick and not everyone is a fan of that type of system. 

I def thought that way as well. I compare Leonard to one of those crazy elite receivers but he’s quiet and not all crazy attention whore.....but he’s definitely an interesting cat

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

I def thought that way as well. I compare Leonard to one of those crazy elite receivers but he’s quiet and not all crazy attention whore.....but he’s definitely an interesting car

Always hear talk about "what if Lebron played for Pop?" I know they are both HOFer's but I don't know how much that would work. Pop is a coach and I'm not sure Lebron necessarily likes to be coached. Seems like every coach LBJ has had has been more of a figurehead than an actual coach.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 12:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Always hear talk about "what if Lebron played for Pop?" I know they are both HOFer's but I don't know how much that would work. Pop is a coach and I'm not sure Lebron necessarily likes to be coached. Seems like every coach LBJ has had has been more of a figurehead than an actual coach.

I think LeBron would be Pop’s Tom Brady....and would work in similar fashion

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 1:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think LeBron would be Pop’s Tom Brady....and would work in similar fashion

I don't.  He needs a coach to push around.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 1:31 PM
posted by like_that

I don't.  He needs a coach to push around.

I agree

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:20 PM

Guys, he had Spo and it was by far his most successful stretch in his career. Spo is a top 3 coach in the NBA. I don’t think LeBron could work with Pops system, but he definitely can work with a great coach.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:21 PM

Also, I like Pelicans in 6 if Steph is out. Last I heard he was out first 2 games. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:31 PM

Spo wasn’t a top 3 coach back when lebron was there. In fact, he took a lot of criticism back then. He’s gotten a LOT better as a coach after lebron left.