NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 12:53 PM
posted by Laley23

They got an awful deal, in hindsight. Though BKN pick is up in the air. But I said all along KI wasn’t a huge lose for the Cavs, and with his history if they got solid bench/defense guys it was a win. Of course, they didn’t, and it showed. But Kyrie has never been able to stay healthy, and is a 1 way player. 

LeBron is plenty good enough to win without him, it was a matter of getting enough bench production to overcome the 20 shots KI got per night.

lol come the fuck on. Kyrie's a stud.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 12:57 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

lol come the fuck on. Kyrie's a stud.

Was just gonna say that. Laley, just stop with that. Kyrie is a top 6-8 player in the NBA. Get out of here with that.  

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 12:58 PM
posted by like_that

Depends how you view the trade.  It's still too early to call imo.  You can somewhat argue they turned that trade into clarkson, nance, hood, and George.  Currently having those guys on the roster heading into the playoffs is much better than heading into the playoffs with last year's roster with Kyrie out.  If Kyrie's health continues to be an issue, the Cavs might win that trade by default.  If they turn the Brooklyn pick into something special (trade for star or draft a future star) + Kyrie's health, then it will be an easy W for the cavs on that trade.  

With that being said, I still wish the FO told Kyrie to grow the fuck up and told him tough shit.  Figure it out with Lebron. 

This. LBJ even told the FO that. Kyrie had no leverage and Cavs FO still "shit down their leg" at his request. Then the FO took another "L" by not insisting on Brown or Tatum in the dea. We did them a favor by taking IT off their hands. Ridiculous we didn't get more for Kyrie, and I'd fire Altman for getting pwned in the trade.

We did recover nicely with Clarkson/Nance/Hill but I'd prefer having another stud next to LBJ. Still don't understand what happened with the PHX/Pacers deal either. That was a better trade.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 5:31 PM

At the end of January, the Utah Jazz were 19-28. They've gone 28-5 since then and sit at 47-33 and the 4th seed in the west. I don't think Quin Snyder would get a shot at COY over Dwane Casey, D'Antoni, and even Brett Brown - but man they've been impressive. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 10:44 PM

Westbrook with 18 boards. He wants the back to back triple double average seasons, that’s for sure.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 10:59 PM
posted by Laley23

Westbrook with 18 boards. He wants the back to back triple double average seasons, that’s for sure.

He’s at 9.924 per game....if it doesn’t round up a 9.95 then he needs 16 in last game, if 9.95 rounds up he needs 11

But they just clinched so he may not play. He’s locked in at 10+ assists even if he has a game of 0

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 11:32 PM

I read he needs 16. He will play. If not, that’s just not right. Chance to do something never before done in pro basketball. Gotta givenhim the oppo

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 5:09 AM

Denver vs Minnesota on Wednesday night. Winner gets the playoffs. Didn’t Denver miss out on the playoffs on the last game or two last season?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 9:22 AM
posted by Laley23

I read he needs 16. He will play. If not, that’s just not right. Chance to do something never before done in pro basketball. Gotta givenhim the oppo

A win might go be them a better 1st round matchup as well.

He might go 4/35 shooting on purpose so he can get his own board.

I’ll predict 24/19/5

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 12:46 PM

If anyone will miss on purpose to get his own board, it's Russ.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 2:17 PM

No, that’s Ricky Davis. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 2:28 PM

Russ wouldn’t do anything that would jeopardize a win. He may take awful shots b cause he wants to win, but he isn’t missing them on purpose.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 2:34 PM

Donovan Mitchell or Ben Simmons - who would you vote for ROY?

BR1986FB

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 2:44 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

If anyone will miss on purpose to get his own board, it's Russ.

Former Cav, Ricky Davis, laughs at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtGHHnA9ms

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 3:00 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Donovan Mitchell or Ben Simmons - who would you vote for ROY?

Mitchell. But Simmons will win it. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 3:51 PM

Mitchel. With full disclosure that Simmons has been better this year. But he isn’t a rookie and I hate that players qualify for that award like this. Griffin is another, and Embiid when he finally got in the court.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 3:56 PM
posted by Laley23

Mitchel. With full disclosure that Simmons has been better this year. But he isn’t a rookie and I hate that players qualify for that award like this. Griffin is another, and Embiid when he finally got in the court.

Could not agree more. Pissed me off when Blake Griffin won it. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 8:19 PM

Mitchell’s hoodie walking into the game tonight. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 8:27 PM

Lol, savage. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 10:18 PM

Warriors score 33 points at halftime and trail by 29. And Durant/Green/Thompson are all playing, too. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 10:22 PM

I’m still kinda surprised how good the Sixers are....and very surprised how good they have been without Embiid and I can’t believe how good Redick has been.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 11:26 PM
posted by like_that

Hate to see such a good guy get crossed like this.  It would be a shame if her tore his ACL. 

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/983885715963629568

lol fuck him. He sucks

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 7:19 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Warriors score 33 points at halftime and trail by 29. And Durant/Green/Thompson are all playing, too. 

They have embraced the "fuck the regular season" attitude that we have grown to love with the Cavs for 4 years.  As they age, it makes sense. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 10:58 AM

That Ingrahm guys story for LAL is pretty damn cool. Then goes out and pours in 19pts.