NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 7:05 PM
posted by like_that

It makes you wonder what would have been if Hayward stayed. 

I know we don't sympathize with Detroit because Classy but every time Mitchell goes off I think of how they drafted Kennard and his 7ppg right before Mitchell was selected. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 7:12 PM

Also, Curry out at least three weeks with an MCL sprain. He could miss the first round. I don't think the Warriors would lose more than game or two without him but a first round series vs Utah or Minnesota without him would be interesting. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 7:18 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Also, Curry out at least three weeks with an MCL sprain. He could miss the first round. I don't think the Warriors would lose more than game or two without him but a first round series vs Utah or Minnesota without him would be interesting. 

My money says he’s back for 1st round

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 7:23 PM

Kyrie out at least 3 weeks for Boston too. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 9:25 PM
posted by Ironman92

My money says he’s back for 1st round

They may not have a choice. Like I said, I don’t think GSW would have an issue without Curry. But what a time to be alive if they decided to try and hold him out for the first round then they lose the first game to Minnesota or Utah.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 9:26 PM

Curry last time with the sprain was not nearly the same when he came back.

GSW this year without Curry are onyl out scoring teams by like 4 points. This is a very beatable team if he is out. Spurs cause of Pop (and hey, maybe Kawhi comes back), New Orleans, Minny would be very tough outs. Utah I don’t think has enough offense.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 9:34 PM
posted by Laley23

Curry last time with the sprain was not nearly the same when he came back.

GSW this year without Curry are onyl out scoring teams by like 4 points. This is a very beatable team if he is out. Spurs cause of Pop (and hey, maybe Kawhi comes back), New Orleans, Minny would be very tough outs. Utah I don’t think has enough offense.

I don't think Kawhi wants any part of the rest of this season lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 9:37 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Or the Spurs

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 1:31 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Oh I agree. lol. He is checked the fuck out.

That said, I also wouldn’t be shocked if he decided to play all of a sudden versus GSW. He came back, then backed out of lineup. It’s a weird, fluid situation.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 10:56 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I know we don't sympathize with Detroit because Classy but every time Mitchell goes off I think of how they drafted Kennard and his 7ppg right before Mitchell was selected. 

That just makes me laugh.  Fuck classy.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 12:22 PM
posted by wildcats20

Kyrie out at least 3 weeks for Boston too. 

My sympathy card is in the mail.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 1:09 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

My sympathy card is in the mail.

Guessing you forgot postage 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 6:56 PM

Steve Kerr just said in his pregame presser that Steph won’t play in the first round. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 8:10 PM
posted by wildcats20

Steve Kerr just said in his pregame presser that Steph won’t play in the first round. 

Well that's interesting, albeit makes zero difference. Bet their defense increases quite a bit too.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 3:17 PM

Saw that everyone's favorite short-time Cav, Isaiah Thomas, is shut down again due to hip surgery, so his 2017-18 season has been about as from the previous year as humanly possible.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 3:26 PM
posted by Heretic

Saw that everyone's favorite short-time Cav, Isaiah Thomas, is shut down again due to hip surgery, so his 2017-18 season has been about as from the previous year as humanly possible.

How in the fuck Cavs saw him and his injury and got an additional 2nd rounder and not Brown/Tatum is fucking crazy.

thavoice

Thu, Mar 29, 2018 11:59 AM

I'm banned from the Cavs thread for whatever reason but I think they still come out of the east.    The west will be a tough path and they just may beat each other up too much.   

No one in the east shoild scare Cleveland 

Automatik

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 9:27 AM

He's such a bitch. I don't understand where this side of him came from. He was always the calm, even-keeled assasin. Now he acts like an entitled twat. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 9:50 AM
posted by Automatik

He's such a bitch. I don't understand where this side of him came from. He was always the calm, even-keeled assasin. Now he acts like an entitled twat. 

That’s what happens when you go to California and hang with bitch curry. 

Automatik

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 9:54 AM

I wonder if some of it has to do with that he doesn't get the amount of attention as LeBron. So now he wants to come off as the "tough", badboy. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 11:26 AM
posted by Automatik

Could be wrong but I think a lot of it stems from the backlash he took when he went to join the team he couldn't beat in the West. I think people got under his skin and the whole thing still gets to him. He had an interview with (I believe) Colin Cowherd the other day and he was already warning internet "trolls" and "fan boys" to not even bother responding to him.

Anyone who has to create fake Twitter names to defend themselves is a tad thin skinned.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 11:50 AM

“You didn’t see that fucking foul?” - Tech 1

”Call the fucking foul, hou bitchass motherfucker!” - Tech 2

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 4:26 PM

What'd I say?

/Jackie Moon

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 4:46 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Could be wrong but I think a lot of it stems from the backlash he took when he went to join the team he couldn't beat in the West. I think people got under his skin and the whole thing still gets to him. He had an interview with (I believe) Colin Cowherd the other day and he was already warning internet "trolls" and "fan boys" to not even bother responding to him.

Anyone who has to create fake Twitter names to defend themselves is a tad thin skinned.

And those shoes, lol. Where the soles were nothing but all the stuff people were saying about him combined with, in yellow, a bunch of stuff like "16-1" and "Finals MVP". Over the years, he's become thin-skinned to a degree that even the worst of the typical NBA diva-type tries to avoid.