NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 6:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Could be wrong but I think a lot of it stems from the backlash he took when he went to join the team he couldn't beat in the West. I think people got under his skin and the whole thing still gets to him. He had an interview with (I believe) Colin Cowherd the other day and he was already warning internet "trolls" and "fan boys" to not even bother responding to him.

Anyone who has to create fake Twitter names to defend themselves is a tad thin skinned.

You're not wrong. You couldn't be more right. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 3:47 PM

Simmons 25/15/8.....he is good, Sixers are good and $23 million for Redick has been fairly worthwhile 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 10:31 PM

Giannis scores 30 in the 4th qtr

Ends up with an insane 62 pts, 21 rb, 6 ast, 6 stl, 5 blk

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 11:03 PM
posted by Ironman92

Giannis scores 30 in the 4th qtr

Ends up with an insane 62 pts, 21 rb, 6 ast, 6 stl, 5 blk

Holy shitballs

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 11:06 PM

Lol

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 11:16 PM

Was that an April fools joke..? Lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 1, 2018 11:18 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Was that an April fools joke..? Lol

Sadly, yes. A lot of bull shit random posts about stats throughout this NBA season to build up to that 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 12:14 AM

Giannis is so ridiculous though your post was actually believeable. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 10:12 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Giannis is so ridiculous though your post was actually believeable. 

That was part of it

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Apr 3, 2018 10:28 PM

I said this about a week ago...but quietly Westbrook is going after that season triple double. After tonight he’s going to be around 9.9 rb and 10.1 ast

Tonight sitting at 40/14/5 with a couple minutes left

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Apr 3, 2018 10:53 PM

Russ goes 44/16/6 in the loss to GSW

CA and PG combined 9/33 FG and 3/18 3 PT FG

If they would’ve been decent he would’ve had a huge triple double.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 9:30 PM

Sixers are 48-30 and playing very well without Embiid. Redick went for 25 tonight. Simmons has been great.

How will they fare in the playoffs? They SEEM pretty dangerous

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 9:31 PM

Raptors/Celtics is brutal to watch. Neither team can make a damn shot. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 1:32 AM
posted by Ironman92

Sixers are 48-30 and playing very well without Embiid. Redick went for 25 tonight. Simmons has been great.

How will they fare in the playoffs? They SEEM pretty dangerous

There were like 4 games under .500 in Late December. Really starting to gel.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 12:51 PM
posted by wildcats20

Kyrie out at least 3 weeks for Boston too. 

Annnnd Woj just reported that Kyrie is done for the year, playoffs included. 

superman

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 12:52 PM
posted by wildcats20

Annnnd Woj just reported that Kyrie is done for the year, playoffs included. 

Torn vagina?

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 1:04 PM

I ain’t mad about it

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 1:54 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I ain’t mad about it

Actually works out better for the Cavs that they traded him (for this year). Imagine if he was coasting along, the Cavs didn't make any moves at the deadline, and then this happened?

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 2:06 PM

Sucks for him....Cavs should coast to NBA finals

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 2:43 PM

As much as I liked KI's game, the Cavs may have dodged a bullet in trading him. I'm getting the impression these knee issues aren't fixable and this will linger throughout whatever career he has left.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 10:43 PM

They got an awful deal, in hindsight. Though BKN pick is up in the air. But I said all along KI wasn’t a huge lose for the Cavs, and with his history if they got solid bench/defense guys it was a win. Of course, they didn’t, and it showed. But Kyrie has never been able to stay healthy, and is a 1 way player. 

LeBron is plenty good enough to win without him, it was a matter of getting enough bench production to overcome the 20 shots KI got per night.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:47 AM
posted by BR1986FB

As much as I liked KI's game, the Cavs may have dodged a bullet in trading him. I'm getting the impression these knee issues aren't fixable and this will linger throughout whatever career he has left.

That's his 2nd "major" surgery on that knee.  I am not wishing for his knee to ruin his career, but I also wouldn't feel bad either.  It's the same surgery that he (allegedly) threatened the Cavs with to sit out the season if he didn't get traded. 

posted by Laley23

They got an awful deal, in hindsight. Though BKN pick is up in the air. But I said all along KI wasn’t a huge lose for the Cavs, and with his history if they got solid bench/defense guys it was a win. Of course, they didn’t, and it showed. But Kyrie has never been able to stay healthy, and is a 1 way player. 

LeBron is plenty good enough to win without him, it was a matter of getting enough bench production to overcome the 20 shots KI got per night.

Depends how you view the trade.  It's still too early to call imo.  You can somewhat argue they turned that trade into clarkson, nance, hood, and George.  Currently having those guys on the roster heading into the playoffs is much better than heading into the playoffs with last year's roster with Kyrie out.  If Kyrie's health continues to be an issue, the Cavs might win that trade by default.  If they turn the Brooklyn pick into something special (trade for star or draft a future star) + Kyrie's health, then it will be an easy W for the cavs on that trade.  

With that being said, I still wish the FO told Kyrie to grow the fuck up and told him tough shit.  Figure it out with Lebron. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:22 AM

I just meant Thomas and Crowder did not work out. At all. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:56 AM

How is OKC and tie breakers with Minnesota, New Orleans and Denver?

They have easier schedules than OKC. OKC has 1 tanker In Memphis.

Final 4 spots in West has 5 teams within a game of each other.