NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Sat, Feb 9, 2019 3:47 PM
posted by Laley23

Roll through the west? No. But they will be fine. Probably around the 6 seed. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won a series. You said they quit and insinuated (along with those who agreed) that their season was basically done. I disagree with that, and said they will be fine — to the standard of what they were all season — a playoff team who might win a round. 

And I strongly disagree with the hindsight trade as well. I’d much rather have LeBrons success last year and a shot at a couple year turnaround if they hit on the top 3 picks, versus a team losing in round 1 or 2. Then repeating it again this year then Kyrie leaving and being the Atlanta Hawks with whatever return you got for LeBron.

Lol, the Lakers are not going to be the 6 seed in the west. And even if they do, and win a playoff series, that's not a successful season.

And all I said was after losing by FORTY TWO, they appeared to be a little pissed off about being in trade rumors all week. Which was fucking true. 

I disagree with your last paragraph. Give me Kyrie, another star (what you would get for LBJ), and some fillers. That's basically best case what we're going to end up with even with a few good drafts.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 10, 2019 4:06 PM

Kuzma 23 in the first

SportsAndLady

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 10:24 PM
posted by Laley23

Roll through the west? No. But they will be fine. Probably around the 6 seed. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won a series. You said they quit and insinuated (along with those who agreed) that their season was basically done. I disagree with that, and said they will be fine — to the standard of what they were all season — a playoff team who might win a round. 

And I strongly disagree with the hindsight trade as well. I’d much rather have LeBrons success last year and a shot at a couple year turnaround if they hit on the top 3 picks, versus a team losing in round 1 or 2. Then repeating it again this year then Kyrie leaving and being the Atlanta Hawks with whatever return you got for LeBron.

They just lost to the 18-38 Hawks. Now below .500. But I’m sure everything will be fine..

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 11:41 PM

I watched a lot of the game. Lebron still can score whenever he wants, but the defense (from the whole team) looks awful. I wonder if the NBA will consider ditching the top eight from each conference when the league's best player is sitting out the playoffs this year but the shitty pistons and hornets will be in it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Feb 13, 2019 8:56 PM

Sixers at the half have all 5 starters with 9+ points

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Feb 13, 2019 9:33 PM

Veteran play by Sexton at the end of OT to get the tying bucket. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 12:30 PM

Dell Demps fired 1 week after the trade deadline smells super fishy. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 1:10 PM
posted by wildcats20

Dell Demps fired 1 week after the trade deadline smells super fishy. 

Should have been fired like 4 seasons ago. He is Ray Farmer/Koby Altman bad at his job.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 6:06 PM

Anyone going to check out much of the all star weekend or is it all a meh? I usually try and catch the slam dunk contest but I don’t have very high expectations. The three point contest should be entertaining. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 6:25 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Anyone going to check out much of the all star weekend or is it all a meh? I usually try and catch the slam dunk contest but I don’t have very high expectations. The three point contest should be entertaining. 

I enjoy All Star in the NBA actually. Will try and catch the 3pt & dunk contest.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Rising Stars game has been ok. I mean, for what it is. There are some crazy athletes. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 11:16 PM

I watch it all and it’s pretty meh. Excited about the high flyers in the ASG and 3 point contest should be fun

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 10:45 PM

the dunk contest sucked 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 23, 2019 7:18 PM

Lol at these primetime Saturday night games. Two weeks ago Lebron sat out and tonight Harden is.

I also call BS on Harden being sick. It’s his/Houston’s way of telling the NBA fuck off for letting Scott Foster officiate their games.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Feb 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Lol at these primetime Saturday night games. Two weeks ago Lebron sat out and tonight Harden is.

I also call BS on Harden being sick. It’s his/Houston’s way of telling the NBA fuck off for letting Scott Foster officiate their games.

Neither are worse than the Pelicans sitting AD because they are butthurt he wants traded. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 8:36 AM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26066451/lebron-james-questions-lakers-experience-sense-urgency

you have to wonder if his teammates despise LBJ. Every time they lose he publicly reminds everyone that the losses really hurt him, but don’t seem to be affecting his teammates the same way. I’m a LBJ fan, but I hate when he speaks like this (so holier than thou). 

Also laley, still waiting to see them “be fine” and get a 6 seed and win a playoff series lol. 

superman

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 9:07 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26066451/lebron-james-questions-lakers-experience-sense-urgency

you have to wonder if his teammates despise LBJ. Every time they lose he publicly reminds everyone that the losses really hurt him, but don’t seem to be affecting his teammates the same way. I’m a LBJ fan, but I hate when he speaks like this (so holier than thou). 

Also laley, still waiting to see them “be fine” and get a 6 seed and win a playoff series lol. 

He's a beta bitch.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 11:56 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I guess the one good part about Lebron being gone is we don't have to deal with this bullshit yearly.  Being a fan of a team with Lebron is pretty exhausting. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by like_that

I guess the one good part about Lebron being gone is we don't have to deal with this bullshit yearly.  Being a fan of a team with Lebron is pretty exhausting. 

I'd rather deal with it personally. It's better than getting pissed when they beat a shit memphis squad.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 1:18 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I'd rather deal with it personally. It's better than getting pissed when they beat a shit memphis squad.

I will always take winning 100000000000000000x over, but I am just saying the one benefit (probably the only one) is we don't have to deal with the bullshit.   

BR1986FB

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 1:49 PM
posted by like_that

I will always take winning 100000000000000000x over, but I am just saying the one benefit (probably the only one) is we don't have to deal with the bullshit.   

That was my biggest issue with him. Phenomenal player but an even more phenomenal passive aggressive bitch.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 1:08 AM

Lakers drop another to the Grizzlies. Lebron afterwards calling out teammates who are letting distractions affect the way they play. I honestly don't know who he's referring to because Kuzma, Bullock, and Ingram actually had solid games. Anyone else is a bum picked up for cents to round out the team and not going to contribute much more. At what point does he call out Lakers management for assembling this garbage team. 

I also can't believe last week he questioned teammates commitment considering:

1) He just missed 18 games, then "rested" that primetime Warriors game coming off two days rest. 

2) Has probably advocated for everyone on the team to be traded.

3) His camp voiced their displeasure with Luke Walton 

4) Has about a million side projects going on between Space Jam 2, his HBO show, working with 2 Chainz on his upcoming album, etc. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 1:39 AM

In your daily James Harden news, his streak of 30-point games ended tonight. He had 28 points with a few seconds left and a lead in their game. As he took the ball out of bounds, he was basically triple-teamed by the Hawks (savage). I like Harden but god damn he will get his three-point shots up no matter how miserable he's shooting. He's 2-20 in his last two games. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 8:54 AM

Lakers drop another to the Grizzlies. Lebron afterwards calling out teammates who are letting distractions affect the way they play. I honestly don't know who he's referring to because Kuzma, Bullock, and Ingram actually had solid games. Anyone else is a bum picked up for cents to round out the team and not going to contribute much more. At what point does he call out Lakers management for assembling this garbage team. 

1) He just missed 18 games, then "rested" that primetime Warriors game coming off two days rest. 

4) Has about a million side projects going on between Space Jam 2, his HBO show, working with 2 Chainz on his upcoming album, etc. 

Can't say I miss this one bit.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 9:12 AM

If you listen to the entire question and answer, what he said was fine.