Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:28 PM

GS ain’t losing. Sorry guys

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:29 PM

Whole ball clear? Don’t think so

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:38 PM

How the fuck did they lose that game. What a choke job.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:39 PM

and what happened to Kawhi the final 2:30-3 minutes?? Scores ten points in like a minute then doesn’t do anything the rest of the game.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

and what happened to Kawhi the final 2:30-3 minutes?? Scores ten points in like a minute then doesn’t do anything the rest of the game.

Golden State has to win. Kawhi got them that lead and then they sucked. Klay drills open 3 and Toronto follows by missing wide open 3 to match.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:54 PM
posted by Classyposter58

You don’t think Curry is an all time great? He’s the best three point shooter ever and a two time MVP. 

Also that problem is the NBA in general. The amount of whining for calls is absurd hence the crazy amount of techs

No. And if you think he is as good of a player as LeBron, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Duncan, etc you are crazy. At no point has he even been a top 5 player in the NBA, let alone all time. LeBron, Kobe, Paul, Durant and Wade are 5 off the top of my head when he entered league. 

LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis and Davis now.

LeBron, Durant in the middle and Kawhi was there. Plus George. I’d have to look, but there may have been a short period where I’d only take 3-4 guys ahead of him. But not a lot.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 1:51 AM

https://www.espn.com/nba/video?gameId=401134819

On the final three Klay hit, not a single defender within fifteen feet of him the entire play. 

I wonder if Looney will be out for game six. Obviously he nor Durant should have played tonight. That's 15 points/30 minutes you lose out on. Warriors medical staff making some questionable decisions with those two. When Looney broke his collarbone or whatever it was they ruled him out for the rest of the year then out of nowhere had him back in game four and he looked miserable for that and the little he played in this game. With Durant, I thought they tried to have him practice Thursday then said he wasn't ready. Then they have him practice Sunday, sounded like it didn't go well but still have him play the next night and he (probably) tears his achilles in the second quarter. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 11:35 AM

SI reporting that Rich Paul approached an active NBA coach last month about being an assistant to Frank Vogel. That’s fucked up.

Automatik

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 8:34 PM
posted by Laley23

No. And if you think he is as good of a player as LeBron, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Duncan, etc you are crazy. At no point has he even been a top 5 player in the NBA, let alone all time. LeBron, Kobe, Paul, Durant and Wade are 5 off the top of my head when he entered league. 

LeBron, Durant in the middle and Kawhi was there. Plus George. I’d have to look, but there may have been a short period where I’d only take 3-4 guys ahead of him. But not a lot.

I can't stand the scrawny fucker, but he will go down as the greatest shooter of all time.

Classyposter58

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:42 PM
posted by Laley23

Why do you have Shaq and Duncan with those other guys lol that's garbage. Yes though Curry is as good as Duncan and Shaq as well as is better than Kawhi. 

He could be a 4x champ after this year, 2 MVPs, 3x NBA 1st team, while being about a 25-30 PPG guy from his 4th season as a point guard while having around 7 assists as well. Plus he and Klay revolutionized the game by showing a sharp shooting team could effectively dominate the league. He's easily one of the best guards ever, the guys shooting, dribbling and passing are unreal

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

SI reporting that Rich Paul approached an active NBA coach last month about being an assistant to Frank Vogel. That’s fucked up.

Wow wonder who it was. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:52 PM
posted by Automatik

I can't stand the scrawny fucker, but he will go down as the greatest shooter of all time.

I agree. Doesnt make him a top-25 player ever. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 of the best ever as of now...neither is a top 50 player in NBA history.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:57 PM
posted by Classyposter58

Why do you have Shaq and Duncan with those other guys lol that's garbage. Yes though Curry is as good as Duncan and Shaq as well as is better than Kawhi. 

I'm not even going to bother with the second part...because you actually question why Shaq and Duncan would be listed? The best PF to ever play and arguably (imo, yes) the best C to ever play? If anything, Bird shouldn't be mentioned with them. Hes the only guy I threw out there that I don't think is the best to ever play their position. 

Anyway, Curry has time. But I gotta see him win and put up numbers with only Klay (or someone else). I'm probably in the minority, but I truly believe he and Klay wouldn't have won in 2015 without injuries, and then obviously they added KD after losing in 2016. He is a GREAT player. He isn't an All-Timer yet, imo. 

Automatik

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 10:08 PM
posted by Laley23

I agree. Doesnt make him a top-25 player ever. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 of the best ever as of now...neither is a top 50 player in NBA history.

Except he's already better and has surpassed them in titles, personal accolades and has a decent amount of time left. In time he'll obliterate the 3s record and it probably won't be touched ever.

But yeah, he won't make your arbitrary lists, 25, 50 whatever the fuck.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 10:41 PM
posted by Automatik

Except he's already better and has surpassed them in titles, personal accolades and has a decent amount of time left. In time he'll obliterate the 3s record and it probably won't be touched ever.

But yeah, he won't make your arbitrary lists, 25, 50 whatever the fuck.

Ever? Curry is 31, and has bad ankles. He is 2 years older than James Harden with a lot more stress/miles on his body. Harden may end up with 2 MVPs and a title or 2...and the 3PT record. 

Whatever record he sets, if it isn’t broken by someone in the league right now, it will be broken by someone in the next few classes.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 8:53 AM

Also, lets not forget if GSW wins it will be Curry's first title against a healthy roster or without riding KD's coattails. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 9:16 AM
posted by like_that

Also, lets not forget if GSW wins it will be Curry's first title against a healthy roster or without riding KD's coattails. 

I mentioned that also. And to go further, this is the first time he isn’t the 3rd best player (at best) in The Finals. Because KD is out...

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 12:57 PM

KD our all next season?

All-time scoring leader is out the door now

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 1:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

KD out all next season?

yes

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 1:41 PM

I wonder if KD will pick up the option or just say fuck it and sign a max with a team next year knowing he might not play the first season.

BRF

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 2:02 PM

I’m feelin’ the Warriors win the next two. 

superman

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 2:07 PM
posted by like_that

I wonder if KD will pick up the option or just say fuck it and sign a max with a team next year knowing he might not play the first season.

Seeing that Knicks could be the main player in the KD sweepstakes.  

They would then have KD, RJ, a top pick in 2020, and cap room.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 2:07 PM
posted by BRF

I’m feelin’ the Warriors win the next two. 

Me too unfortunately.  The Raptors played like they had the title in the bag the last 3 minutes of game 5.  

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 2:26 PM

I'm not sure what Durant ends up doing but there's a chance the Knicks miss out on a lot this offseason. They had a shot at the top pick and ended up with #3 instead. Durant probably doesn't play at all next year regardless of who he's with. Does another free agent like Kemba or Kyrie sign there now? And it sounds like they're on the outside looking in on the AD trade talks. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 3:01 PM
posted by like_that

Me too unfortunately.  The Raptors played like they had the title in the bag the last 3 minutes of game 5.  

The worst is that they'll also be able to brag about coming back from down 3-1.