NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Wed, May 15, 2019 8:53 AM
posted by like_that

Have you not watched the NBA the last 15 years?  Outside of a few franchises, most NBA teams go thru coaches like candy.  Some of the franchises who happen to keep their coaches for awhile, are lucky enough to have a superstar or two, which keeps them afloat.  I could understand if you were talking about football, but it really is not even comparable.  

I just don't trust Gilbert to pick the right guy who will pick that superstar.

slingshot4ever

Wed, May 15, 2019 10:03 AM

Its gotta be Culver, Hunter, or Reddish at 5....I think I would prefer Hunter

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 10:58 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I just don't trust Gilbert to pick the right guy who will pick that superstar.

That's fair.  Altman has proven to be a trash GM.  I wonder why he has survived at this point. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, May 15, 2019 11:02 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Its gotta be Culver, Hunter, or Reddish at 5....I think I would prefer Hunter

If the Lakers don’t use the pick as trade bait for AD, I really want them to take Culver. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Seeing a bunch of “thank god tanking is over now!” takes. Were the Knicks losing all those games because they wanted to or because they fucking sucked and couldn’t win anyways? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 1:28 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Seeing a bunch of “thank god tanking is over now!” takes. Were the Knicks losing all those games because they wanted to or because they fucking sucked and couldn’t win anyways? 

Another good point against the anti-tanking crowd.  A lot of teams simply just suck ass.  It's really not inconceivable for losing to take a toll on a team and thus their effort diminishes as the season progresses.  You see it in the late 3rd and/or 4th quarter of games all the time, where teams throw their effort away.  Why is it a shocker that teams would do this in the late 3rd quarter of the regular season?

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 15, 2019 1:54 PM

It’s more about the GMs actively trying to suck. It’s not that the teams (players and coaches) want to. The GM puts out players who have no shot and trade solid assets to suck. That has to be stopped.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 2:19 PM
posted by Laley23

It’s more about the GMs actively trying to suck. It’s not that the teams (players and coaches) want to. The GM puts out players who have no shot and trade solid assets to suck. That has to be stopped.  

I don't blame GMs for sucking complete ass to gain some pieces.  With how the NBA is set up, it pretty much is the name of the game if you don't have a superstar. How about giving GMs the ability to keep their stars on their team, instead of allowing them to be a minor league system to feed into some super team? The super max obviously isn't the solution.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 15, 2019 3:17 PM
posted by like_that

I don't blame GMs for sucking complete ass to gain some pieces.  With how the NBA is set up, it pretty much is the name of the game if you don't have a superstar. How about giving GMs the ability to keep their stars on their team, instead of allowing them to be a minor league system to feed into some super team? The super max obviously isn't the solution.

I don’t blame the GMs, but I don’t blame the league for trying to fix it, either.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 5:12 PM
posted by Laley23

I don’t blame the GMs, but I don’t blame the league for trying to fix it, either.

A for effort, F- for execution. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 16, 2019 11:35 PM

Golden State is going to win the title. It’s inevitable. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, May 17, 2019 12:08 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Golden State is going to win the title. It’s inevitable. 

Well they are the best team in the league. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, May 17, 2019 8:12 AM
posted by wildcats20

Milwaukee. Experience might get them, but nothing suggests they aren’t the best team in the NBA. They were historically good on metrics and they won the most games. And in the playoffs, they are beating teams by about the same margin. They are really freaking good.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, May 17, 2019 1:44 PM

The Warriors are quietly proving that KD going there was the biggest bitch move of all time.

BR1986FB

Fri, May 17, 2019 1:51 PM
posted by like_that

The Warriors are quietly proving that KD going there was the biggest bitch move of all time.

Yep. Hate to say it but if Draymond didn't decide to be a bitch and get suspended in the Finals against the Cavs they'd probably have a real long run of rings.

friendfromlowry

Fri, May 17, 2019 2:11 PM
posted by wildcats20

I'm aware, I was just hoping that missing 2/5 of their starting line up including arguable their best player would catch up to them, and it still could. Every time you think they may be in some trouble Iguodala, Green, and fucking Kevon Looney are making huge plays. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 20, 2019 11:44 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yep. Hate to say it but if Draymond didn't decide to be a bitch and get suspended in the Finals against the Cavs they'd probably have a real long run of rings.

This narrative is bullshit.  Kevin Love was also out for 1.5 games.  Not to mention, nobody was stopping Kyrie/Lebron during game 5.  They both were ON and they both went off. 

If we want to nitpick about shit like this, then the Warriors never win the first title if Kyrie/Love are healthy and if they refs didn't fuck the Cavs over in game 1 with a travel call on Mozgov. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 21, 2019 10:36 PM

So, Milwaukee in 7 then? 

BR1986FB

Wed, May 22, 2019 8:06 AM
posted by like_that

This narrative is bullshit.  Kevin Love was also out for 1.5 games.  Not to mention, nobody was stopping Kyrie/Lebron during game 5.  They both were ON and they both went off. 

If we want to nitpick about shit like this, then the Warriors never win the first title if Kyrie/Love are healthy and if they refs didn't fuck the Cavs over in game 1 with a travel call on Mozgov. 

Yeah, I get that mode of thinking and don't necessarily disagree. Kyrie/Love didn't take themselves out of the series like Draymond did with his dumbfuckery.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 22, 2019 8:54 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I get that mode of thinking and don't necessarily disagree. Kyrie/Love didn't take themselves out of the series like Draymond did with his dumbfuckery.

My main point is, the Cavs were not going to lose game 5 even if Draymond played. The secondary point is the "important" player being out narrative is a weak one when you consider the fact Love was out for 1.5 games that series. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, May 23, 2019 12:57 AM
posted by like_that

My main point is, the Cavs were not going to lose game 5 even if Draymond played. The secondary point is the "important" player being out narrative is a weak one when you consider the fact Love was out for 1.5 games that series. 

Cavs def were not going to lose game 5. Kyrie and LBJ both went for 40+.

It's funny how everyone forgets about Kevin Love, but loves to point out the warriors were without their 5ht leading scorer in the finals and didn't have KD yet. If Cavs didn't lose Kyrie and Kevin Love in 2015, we'd be talking about our 2nd championship as well.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, May 23, 2019 9:23 PM
posted by Laley23

Until they land Donovan or Stevens lol

LoL...close :facepalm:

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 23, 2019 11:09 PM

I won’t enjoy Golden State winning the title but on the plus side maybe Drake will shut the fuck up

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, May 24, 2019 2:29 PM

Who has a better shot at beating Golden State?  Raptors or Bucks?  Or Warriors?

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, May 26, 2019 7:35 AM
posted by wildcats20

posted by Laley23

Milwaukee. Experience might get them, but nothing suggests they aren’t the best team in the NBA. They were historically good on metrics and they won the most games. And in the playoffs, they are beating teams by about the same margin. They are really freaking good.

lol