NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 1:01 AM

holy fuck Damian Lillard. That was incredible 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 1:03 AM

I was having flashbacks of that walk off he hit against Houston five years ago. What a fucking amazing shot. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 1:19 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

holy fuck Damian Lillard. That was incredible 

Ice. Fucking. Cold. RIP westbrook.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 1:20 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was having flashbacks of that walk off he hit against Houston five years ago. What a fucking amazing shot. 

I'm having flashbacks to the biggest shot hit in NBA history: Kyrie Irving 3 pt in the final 60 secs of NBA Finals, game 7 after coming back from a 3-1 deficit against the greatest team in NBA history.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 7:59 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Ice. Fucking. Cold. RIP westbrook.

Hate the thunder, so that shot last night was awesome. And the waive good bye, lol. 

After PG13 spurned the Cavs, I’ve always wished nothing but bad fortune for him. And Westbrook is one of my least favorite nba players. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 8:09 AM

I will never understand PG choosing to play with Russ over Bron. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 8:29 AM

I agree with you two regarding PG choosing RW over Bron.

I used to be a RW fan, but is there an argument now for him being overrated?  Dude can't get out of the first round WITH Paul George and Adams.  I will admit my friend turned me into a hater, because for the last 4 years he legitimately argued RW was the best player in the NBA and was better than Lebron.  I am not a Lebron nuthugger, but that argument was so dumb I had to turn on RW.  The way I see it the point of PG is to elevate your team, and apparently RW has proven he can't do that with or without stars.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 8:40 AM
posted by like_that

I agree with you two regarding PG choosing RW over Bron.

I used to be a RW fan, but is there an argument now for him being overrated?  Dude can't get out of the first round WITH Paul George and Adams.  I will admit my friend turned me into a hater, because for the last 4 years he legitimately argued RW was the best player in the NBA and was better than Lebron.  I am not a Lebron nuthugger, but that argument was so dumb I had to turn on RW.  The way I see it the point of PG is to elevate your team, and apparently RW has proven he can't do that with or without stars.

Cowherd is a turd lately, but he’s been 100% correct on Westbrook. His game is built for a long regular season. It’s not built for the playoffs. He doesn’t shoot three’s well and when you have a ball hog PG in the playoffs who can’t shoot, you’re not going to win many series. I would HATE is RW was my teams PG. 

Pisses me off that pg13 to Cavs trade got fucked up. Hard to imagine a scenario where we’re not getting ourselves ready for a second round playoff series right now with LBJ/Kyrie/pg13. Instead, we’ll, yeah

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 10:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Cowherd is a turd lately, but he’s been 100% correct on Westbrook. His game is built for a long regular season. It’s not built for the playoffs. He doesn’t shoot three’s well and when you have a ball hog PG in the playoffs who can’t shoot, you’re not going to win many series. I would HATE is RW was my teams PG. 

Pisses me off that pg13 to Cavs trade got fucked up. Hard to imagine a scenario where we’re not getting ourselves ready for a second or third title right now with LBJ/Kyrie/pg13. Instead, we’ll, yeah

FIFY

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 10:27 AM

I also hate how Russell Westbrook treats that one reporter. Because the reporter wrote a negative article about him, he responds “next question” to every question that reporter asks. Bothers me

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 11:26 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I also hate how Russell Westbrook treats that one reporter. Because the reporter wrote a negative article about him, he responds “next question” to every question that reporter asks. Bothers me

I agree with everything you've said re: Westbrook and especially the Thunder. Sounds like their media personnel almost encourage this kind of behavior. PG last night essentially said Lillard's shot was bad but it went in so what can you do. Meanwhile, Westbrook and his 36% shooting is sitting next to him. 

And yes, to answer like_that, Westbrook is arguably overrated. Three straight first round exits will earn you that. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 2:46 PM

On one hand, I love the way Westbrook plays all out. He is likely a great teammate because they always go to bat for him. And he took the money to stay home in a mid market team and try to win. It’s all commendable and we should acknowledge that part of him is good for the game.

On the other hand, he would be awful to play with. I don’t think you can win with him. His treatment of the media is absurd...and to no surprise he is clueless and wrong about all of it. I can’t stand his shot selection when it’s not falling. Ironically, when he is shooting well, he typically takes less and doesn’t force awful shots. But last night is a microcosm of his reign since KD left. He missed 20 shots, while his teammates missed 19. That’s just awful.

As for the Dame shot, man that was sick. And cold blooded. But you kinda have to agree with PG, it was a bad shot. You just have to live with the outcome if you’re him, because 100 times out of 100, you hope Dame takes that shot in that situation as a defender.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 3:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I got a good laugh because one of the Blazers had a shirt that read "Got Bricks? Next question" making fun of Westbrook's shit with the reporter and of his shooting performance in the series.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 10:17 PM

Lol at the way Utah is guarding Harden 😂😂😂

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 10:37 PM

Donovan Mitchell. Yikes.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 25, 2019 1:20 AM

What Doc Rivers has done this year with LAC is very impressive. But goodness, can we stop with the Harrell postups and Galinari ISOs? Almost cost them the game. Just awful.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 27, 2019 9:51 PM

Kawhi

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Apr 28, 2019 8:32 PM

Shocked by the Celtics beatdown of the bucks.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Apr 29, 2019 5:36 AM

Same here. I actually expected a Bucks sweep. The coaching matchup of Stevens vs Bud is such a mismatch though. 

Classyposter58

Mon, Apr 29, 2019 9:31 AM
posted by wildcats20

Same here. I actually expected a Bucks sweep. The coaching matchup of Stevens vs Bud is such a mismatch though. 

Crazy. I’ve been saying the Bucks remind me of the Suns with Nash all season. Seem like a regular season flameout to me. Give me Kyrie/Hayward and that deep lineup over Giannis and Middleton/Bledsoe. 

Boston just physically handled them, contested every shot, and Horford but an arm into Giannis every time he drove

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 29, 2019 9:57 AM

posted by wildcats20

I felt the opposite.  I felt like the Celtics got the luckiest draw after having an underwhelming season.  They started with indy playing without their best player and now play a team that reminds me of the Cavs with Lebron 1.0.  

Classyposter58

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 9:43 AM
posted by like_that

posted by wildcats20

I felt the opposite.  I felt like the Celtics got the luckiest draw after having an underwhelming season.  They started with indy playing without their best player and now play a team that reminds me of the Cavs with Lebron 1.0.  

I can see it. Bledsoe is Mo Williams and Lopez is Z. You can't live on each game in a series but can't get waxed on home court like that

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 10:17 AM

Have to say I'm a bit surprised I didn't see anyone hear post about how hilariously bitchy Houston is because apparently for one game, Harden didn't get every junk call he's used to getting. Not only bitching about that, but doubling down by sending the NBA a report concerning !!81!! calls from a game in their series with GW last year that could have been called differently.

Even considering that the NBA is basically nothing but constant bitching and petty beefs, this is amazing!

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 1:05 PM

I didn’t post because Harden legit got fouled on them in the 1st half, and thus I understand selling it more.

It is hilarious how they are the reason they don’t get calls though. Flopping their way through the league, finding loopholes in the rules like the “gather and then 2 steps” and the “4’ to land for a shooter” bullshit. Even if you’re fouled, you don’t deserve the call when you try and deceive the refs, so I’m glad they didn’t get shit called in the 2nd half. But again, they got fucked out of some big time calls in the 1st.

If they would just play their game, I’m pretty certain they would start getting those calls and may have taken game 1. Instead, they bitch and made it worse. Then doubled down. Then tripled down and end up with “Rocket Hater” Scott Foster for Game 2 lololol.

Now...Go Houston!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 2:23 PM
posted by Laley23

I didn’t post because Harden legit got fouled on them in the 1st half, and thus I understand selling it more.

It is hilarious how they are the reason they don’t get calls though. Flopping their way through the league, finding loopholes in the rules like the “gather and then 2 steps” and the “4’ to land for a shooter” bullshit. Even if you’re fouled, you don’t deserve the call when you try and deceive the refs, so I’m glad they didn’t get shit called in the 2nd half. But again, they got fucked out of some big time calls in the 1st.

If they would just play their game, I’m pretty certain they would start getting those calls and may have taken game 1. Instead, they bitch and made it worse. Then doubled down. Then tripled down and end up with “Rocket Hater” Scott Foster for Game 2 lololol.

Now...Go Houston!

Oh, I agree that there have been legit cases of them (and/or others) getting jobbed by bad calls; I just found their way of handling things to be hilariously petty. From an article I read talking about their "81 possibly missed calls", one of them actually involved a situation where they said that Harden should have been called for a defensive foul, but wasn't and, since the end result was a GS 3-pointer, THEY WAS WRONGED!!!!!