NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 10:10 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Lakers are a hot mess right now.  I don't feel incredibly sorry for Lebron.  I like to see him at the top, and love to see him compete at the highest level, but this is his own mess.  Bothers me zero to see him wallow in  it. 

Same

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 10:28 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Lakers are a hot mess right now.  I don't feel incredibly sorry for Lebron.  I like to see him at the top, and love to see him compete at the highest level, but this is his own mess.  Bothers me zero to see him wallow in  it. 

posted by SportsAndLady

Same

ditto

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 11:39 AM

I’m not sure why Magic hasn’t shut him down for the season. It’s such a clown show right now. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 11:41 AM
posted by wildcats20

I’m not sure why Magic hasn’t shut him down for the season. It’s such a clown show right now. 

Yep. That's usually when a serious injury happens. Nothing to play for right now. They (likely) aren't making the playoffs.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 12:28 PM

Plus you might as well tank and get into that lottery territory. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 5:29 AM

Warriors lose by 33 at home. Cousins is a tremendous player but god damn if he doesn't turn into the whiniest bitch when something doesn't go his way. He may be the worst I've ever watched in that regard. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:59 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Warriors lose by 33 at home. Cousins is a tremendous player but god damn if he doesn't turn into the whiniest bitch when something doesn't go his way. He may be the worst I've ever watched in that regard. 

It's on brand for that entire team.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 12:01 PM
posted by like_that

It's on brand for that entire team.

You're right and I'm surprised someone hasn't brought up Harden yet (or Westbrook who IMO may be a close second) but the difference with Boogie is he gets downright confrontational. Last night he's backing down Baynes and gives him a couple of hard shoulder shots and Baynes goes down, and you can argue whether he flopped or not but Cousins still says something to him about it. I'm too lazy to go back and look but I think it was Tatum and Rozier who were nearby and Cousins shoves one of them after the play. I wouldn't be surprised when we get into the playoffs and he has to play the same nitty-gritty team (like the Clippers or Nuggets) over a seven game series and ends up starting a brawl at some point. He's kind of a liability in that regard but obviously the offensive talent cancels it out. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:48 PM

a Blazers - Thunder playoff series would be badass.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 11:53 PM

a Blazers - Thunder playoff series would be badass.

I’d also accept Thunder - Jazz as Westbrook would try and fight everyone in Utah by the end of it. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 6:45 PM

Seen some rumors on the twittersphere suggesting that Coach K will be leaving Duke at the end of the season and heading to LA. 

Nothing will come of it, I’m sure, but it’s fun to dream lol. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 7:32 PM
posted by wildcats20

Seen some rumors on the twittersphere suggesting that Coach K will be leaving Duke at the end of the season and heading to LA. 

Doesn’t this happen every year?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 11:24 PM
posted by wildcats20

Isn't he like 95 yrs old at this point?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Isn't he like 95 yrs old at this point?

He’s 72. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 11:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIIOWPNYM0

Throwback Friday. Listening to a podcast this morning about how this would be covered in media today. I still think what happened at the 6 minute mark is one of the crazier moments. I forgot or didn't realize that fan not only got decked by Artest but Jermaine O'Neal got a good shot at him, too. Also, I think initially Artest went after the wrong fan. The loser in the blue Ben Wallace jersey was the one who threw the beer I think. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Mar 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Lakers down by one in final seconds against Knicks. Lebron drives for game winner and gets blocked by Hezonja. Lakers lose.

BR1986FB

Sun, Mar 17, 2019 8:44 PM

Lakers down by one in final seconds against Knicks. Lebron drives for game winner and gets blocked but Hezonja. Lakers lose.

If anyone thinks he isn't losing a step, they need to watch closer.

superman

Sun, Mar 17, 2019 10:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIIOWPNYM0

Throwback Friday. Listening to a podcast this morning about how this would be covered in media today. I still think what happened at the 6 minute mark is one of the crazier moments. I forgot or didn't realize that fan not only got decked by Artest but Jermaine O'Neal got a good shot at him, too. Also, I think initially Artest went after the wrong fan. The loser in the blue Ben Wallace jersey was the one who threw the beer I think. 

O'Neal lit that guy up.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Warriors are 25-1 when Curry plays and Durant doesn’t....since Durant came over

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 19, 2019 7:56 PM

Redick with 21 points early in the 2nd qtr

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Mar 20, 2019 10:00 PM

Embiid goes 37/22

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Mar 20, 2019 11:13 PM

Fun game by the 6ers.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 25, 2019 11:14 PM

I assume the front office controls things but I just heard 2nd hand that after Jarron Cumberland went for 33 to beat Houston in conference champ....he got a call from Chris Paul and he told Jarron the Rockets wanted him in the 2nd round.

I very much believe my source. Hard to believe though CP3 getting ready to start championship run in playoffs knows what Rockets front office wants....in 2nd round of draft in a few months

friendfromlowry

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 1:28 AM

Nurkic messed up his leg tonight, looked really bad. That really sucks. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 12:23 AM
Jeff Green has to retire. Those are the rules.