NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 10:18 PM

Lakers lose by 42. Wouldn’t be surprised if their players have quit. Their names have been thrown around all week about being traded and not only that but NO didn’t accept the trades. Has to be demoralizing. 

thavoice

Wed, Feb 6, 2019 12:04 AM

No doubt with the trade rumors and Lebron doing what he can to sabotage yet another coach led to that debacle.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Feb 6, 2019 10:24 AM

76ers trade for Tobias Harris and Boban!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Feb 6, 2019 8:40 PM

Milwaukee with a 50 spot in the first quarter against Washington. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 12:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lakers lose by 42. Wouldn’t be surprised if their players have quit. Their names have been thrown around all week about being traded and not only that but NO didn’t accept the trades. Has to be demoralizing. 

I absolutely LOVE the theory that NO responded to James' "tampering" by stating he wanted to play with Davis (in quotes because it was more ESPN spinning an "I'd love to play with him" quote into a big story than anything else because they're fucks) and Davis requesting a trade to get LAL to openly say that everyone but James is on the table, so they could basically be "Nah, not that interested guys!"

In one fell swoop, the Lakers look like clowns for being "almost EVERYONE can go!!!" publicly and all their young players are demoralized because they know GM LeBron would dump any or all of them in a heartbeat if he can get a shiny new toy in return because a serious (and aging) ring-chaser doesn't want to wait for young guys to develop when he can trade them out to create his latest "three main men; a bunch of role-players" masterpiece.

This level of petty is even more entertaining that the usual "Durant being a bitch about something" or "Butler trying to sabotage his team" stuff!

SportsAndLady

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 12:24 PM
posted by Heretic

I absolutely LOVE the theory that NO responded to James' "tampering" by stating he wanted to play with Davis (in quotes because it was more ESPN spinning an "I'd love to play with him" quote into a big story than anything else because they're fucks) and Davis requesting a trade to get LAL to openly say that everyone but James is on the table, so they could basically be "Nah, not that interested guys!"

In one fell swoop, the Lakers look like clowns for being "almost EVERYONE can go!!!" publicly and all their young players are demoralized because they know GM LeBron would dump any or all of them in a heartbeat if he can get a shiny new toy in return because a serious (and aging) ring-chaser doesn't want to wait for young guys to develop when he can trade them out to create his latest "three main men; a bunch of role-players" masterpiece.

This level of petty is even more entertaining that the usual "Durant being a bitch about something" or "Butler trying to sabotage his team" stuff!

Yup. Well said. And Magic is getting fooled by other GMs. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 12:26 PM
posted by Heretic

I'm not crying about him being gone. I'm probably the only one but I think this is the beginning of his body starting to age/break down. Now I don't think he's going to physically fall off a cliff but I think the injuries will be more nagging, going forward.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 12:38 PM

In hindsight, the Cavs should have traded Lebron instead of Kyrie. It was, obviously, amazing to watch what LBJ did in the playoffs last year, but it was another loss to the warriors in the finals and then LBJ just left for nothing. Can you imagine the haul we could have received for LBJ and still have Kyrie for 2 more years? 

Its an impossible move (trading the greatest player of all time in his prime) to make, but looking back if we’d have traded LBJ we’d be loaded this year and going forward. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 12:47 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

In hindsight, the Cavs should have traded Lebron instead of Kyrie. It was, obviously, amazing to watch what LBJ did in the playoffs last year, but it was another loss to the warriors in the finals and then LBJ just left for nothing. Can you imagine the haul we could have received for LBJ and still have Kyrie for 2 more years? 

Its an impossible move (trading the greatest player of all time in his prime) to make, but looking back if we’d have traded LBJ we’d be loaded this year and going forward. 

That topic came up, a lot, on local sports talk and everyone thought it was blasphemy. In hindsight, it would've been the right move. He had no loyalty to the city, why be loyal to him? Thanks for the ring....see ya.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 1:16 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He had a no trade clause.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 8:28 PM

SO the Lakers basically did nothing. And now have to keep playing with all the players they were actively trying to shop. Ouch! 

And now are rumored to sign Carmelo Anthony lol

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 10:55 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

SO the Lakers basically did nothing. And now have to keep playing with all the players they were actively trying to shop. Ouch! 

And now are rumored to sign Carmelo Anthony lol

And then they go on the road and beat Boston. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 11:11 PM
posted by wildcats20

And then they go on the road and beat Boston. 

That was a great buzzer beater. Always liked Rondo

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 11:15 PM

Lakers will be fine. Jesus Christ, it’s like you all forget this happens every year...even though every year you say you won’t be fooled by it. 

And trading LeBron...lol. Come on, just stop. Cavs had a legit chance at a title, but they should’ve traded him. Just stop.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 11:27 PM
posted by Laley23

Lakers will be fine. Jesus Christ, it’s like you all forget this happens every year...even though every year you say you won’t be fooled by it. 

And trading LeBron...lol. Come on, just stop. Cavs had a legit chance at a title, but they should’ve traded him. Just stop.

I disagree with every single sentence of this post. 

Lebron gonna roll through the west with Rondo and Ingram? No. 

And of course we had a chance at winning a title. But we didn’t. That’s why I said in hindsight. I’d much rather have Kyrie and another young star on the team right now then what we currently have. And in both situations we haven’t won a championship since ‘16. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 3:21 AM
posted by Laley23

What do we forget happens every year??

BR1986FB

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 12:18 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

And of course we had a chance at winning a title. But we didn’t. That’s why I said in hindsight. I’d much rather have Kyrie and another young star on the team right now then what we currently have. And in both situations we haven’t won a championship since ‘16. 

I also agree but disagree with the "of course we had a chance a winning a title." Unless Steph, Durant & Klay all died before the opening game of the Finals, they had NO chance with that craptastic lineup the Cavs trotted out in the Finals. Nice to get there but I think everyone on the planet knew the Warriors were winning again.

They will likely sneak in but wouldn't shock me if the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 12:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I also agree but disagree with the "of course we had a chance a winning a title." Unless Steph, Durant & Klay all died before the opening game of the Finals, they had NO chance with that craptastic lineup the Cavs trotted out in the Finals. Nice to get there but I think everyone on the planet knew the Warriors were winning again.

They will likely sneak in but wouldn't shock me if the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs.

Oh I’m not saying they had a “real” chance. But whenever you’re in the nba finals you at least have a shot. Trading Lebron mid-season would give the Cavs a 0% chance at winning a title. Versus maybe a 10% chance with him. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 12:55 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

See, you forgot!

Honestly, I'm not sure. It could be LeBron manufacturing drama for a good chunk of the year and then the team gets focused and does what it was expected to do. Which isn't really the same as "every year" because he's not on a team that he can carry to the Finals like he was with the Cavs or Heat. No first round match-ups with a barely-.500 team (at best) that wouldn't make the playoffs in the other conference in his future now that he's in the West.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 1:00 PM

Is this the first season since LBJ joined the heat that he hasn’t played alongside an all star? 

BR1986FB

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 1:06 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Is this the first season since LBJ joined the heat that he hasn’t played alongside an all star? 

Probably right. Had Bosh & Wade then came to Kyrie and had K-Love last year.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 10:45 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Feb 9, 2019 3:04 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Roll through the west? No. But they will be fine. Probably around the 6 seed. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won a series. You said they quit and insinuated (along with those who agreed) that their season was basically done. I disagree with that, and said they will be fine — to the standard of what they were all season — a playoff team who might win a round. 

And I strongly disagree with the hindsight trade as well. I’d much rather have LeBrons success last year and a shot at a couple year turnaround if they hit on the top 3 picks, versus a team losing in round 1 or 2. Then repeating it again this year then Kyrie leaving and being the Atlanta Hawks with whatever return you got for LeBron.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Feb 9, 2019 3:06 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

That LeBrons teams always suck for very long stretches of the year. Then he goes playoff mode and destroys the league. Lakers aren’t in the East, so they won’t be winning a title, likely. But this group of Lakers is better than the Cavs last year, they can win a round, maybe 2 depending on what matchup they get.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Feb 9, 2019 3:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

They had a legit chance. Warriors weren’t even the betting favorite at one point during their series with Houston. And LeBron wouldn’t have lost to Houston, imo.