NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 31, 2019 5:38 PM
posted by wildcats20

Looks pretty official.

Also, it’s been reported that the Lakers have offered pretty much everyone but LeBron for AD. 

Lakers have given them 5 different options for trade

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 31, 2019 6:19 PM

ESPN reporting on Porzingas injury and where he’s at currently 

“he’s shooting 3’s and dunking”

Lol he’s 6’15...if he has 1/2 of a healthy leg with tippy toe ability you could say the same 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 11:31 AM

hot taek: Kyrie is traded before deadline 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 11:55 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

hot taek: Kyrie is traded before deadline 

Not sure anyone would be dumb enough to trade for him without knowing what he’s going to do in the summer. 5 month rental? No thanks. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 11:04 PM

Pretty cool to have Dirk and Wade play in the all star game one last time. 

Spock

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 11:11 PM

Houston 71....Nuggets 82 AT HALFTIME!

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 2, 2019 12:24 PM

As the Los Angeles Lakers pursue New Orleans Pelicans All-NBA center Anthony Davis ahead of Thursday's trade deadline, the initial offers have been underwhelming, including the Lakers' first offer of Lonzo BallKyle KuzmaRajon RondoMichael Beasley and a first-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

Lol. "here, have our two point guards. Rondo is 32 years old, and Ball already had his camp come out last week and say they don't want him playing there. Also, you can have Beasley." 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Feb 2, 2019 1:06 PM

That’s Magic testing the waters. No wonder Demps isn’t returning his phone calls lol 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 5:31 PM

Does anyone else think the lakers are stupid for offering (pretty much) everyone for AD? Lebron, AD, and a bunch of scrubs isn’t going to get them anywhere.  

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 5:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Does anyone else think the lakers are stupid for offering (pretty much) everyone for AD? Lebron, AD, and a bunch of scrubs isn’t going to get them anywhere.  

Neither will LBJ and a bunch of scrubs. I'd rather have AD+LBJ  & scrubs over LBJ + Scrubs.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 5:59 PM

Trading for AD has nothing to do with this season. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 6:34 PM

No. Go get him. They waited on PG, Kawhi etc. Just go get him.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 6:54 PM
posted by wildcats20

Then why not let him be traded to a rental team for the remainder of this season and then sign him in the offseason? If your plan isn’t to win this year, why trade all your young pieces when you can just get him this summer for nothing? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:17 PM
posted by wildcats20

That’s what I was thinking

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 10:32 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Then why not let him be traded to a rental team for the remainder of this season and then sign him in the offseason? If your plan isn’t to win this year, why trade all your young pieces when you can just get him this summer for nothing? 

vvvv

posted by Laley23

No. Go get him. They waited on PG, Kawhi etc. Just go get him.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 10:57 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don't think he's a free agent until 2020. That's why there's pressure on LA to get it done this week because Boston can really ramp up their offer after the season. I'm rooting for him to go to Milwaukee. He and Giannis would be really fucking fun to watch. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 11:20 PM

I don't think he's a free agent until 2020. That's why there's pressure on LA to get it done this week because Boston can really ramp up their offer after the season. I'm rooting for him to go to Milwaukee. He and Giannis would be really fucking fun to watch. 

He can opt for free agency at the end of this season I thought? That’s why everyone says the offers for him are going to be much better from LA because they know he’ll resign there. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 12:38 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He can opt for free agency at the end of this season I thought? That’s why everyone says the offers for him are going to be much better from LA because they know he’ll resign there. 

I believe he can sign the extension this summer which he obviously won't with New Orleans, but doesn't become a free agent until 2020. At least that's when his player option is. 

Woj tweeted a few things earlier tonight that'd make sense with this. A lot of the New Orleans front office doesn't want to trade him this week, as well as Danny Ainge encouraging the Pelicans to wait until this summer. So if LA doesn't get him by Thursday, they likely wouldn't have another shot until summer of 2021, which would give Lebron another what, 125-150 games on his body? 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 1:08 AM

Woj on Sportscenter saying now Pelicans want four first-round picks from Lakers 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 6:19 AM

Woj on Sportscenter saying now Pelicans want four first-round picks from Lakers 

Along with everything else?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 10:41 AM

Davis won’t be in LA until 2021 if they don’t get him now (or never, potentially). They basically have to do whatever they can, and New Orleans knows it. 

I suppose if Kyrie leaves Celtics might be less inclined to give up Tatum (who, btw isn’t much better than Ingram and is only 6 months younger). Which would lead to a potential LA trade this year. But it’s just risky. Boston (Sacramento) doesn’t have great picks, but they will surely be better than Lakers.

Mulva

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 2:27 PM

John Wall torn achilles, just in time for his super max to kick in. Something like $165m the next 4 years.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 2:51 PM
posted by Mulva

John Wall torn achilles, just in time for his super max to kick in. Something like $165m the next 4 years.

All guaranteed too. And he tore his Achilles walking in his home. Ouch

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 2:56 PM
posted by Mulva

A slip and fall at home. Yikes, makes you wonder how much was attributed to him over exerting himself due to other injuries. Future back up PG to the GSW I bet.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 2:58 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Future back up PG to the GSW I bet.

Solid