NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jan 18, 2019 12:36 AM

Discussing eastern all stars with my coworker and it's a good thing they changed the format from east and west. 

Starting five I'd go Kemba, Kyrie, Kawhi, Giannis and Embiid. I'd also accept Oladipo and Simmons in there. After that....? Blake Griffin, Beal, Lavine(??), Vucevic, Butler, John Collins(??), one of the Brooklyn guards. That's 14. 

Just crazy compared to the potential west reserves of (assuming you go Curry, Harden, Lebron, Durant, Davis as starters) Lillard, Westbrook, Jokic, Paul George, Klay, Booker, Doncic, Towns, Aldridge/DeRozan, Tobias Harris, Donovan Mitchel.

Also, do Wade and Nowitzki play one final time? 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 19, 2019 8:46 PM

Awesome sequence at end of the 76ers - Thunder game. 76ers down two with a few seconds left. Simmons brings ball up court and has a pretty good look at a three-pointer but instead passes to Butler next to him who's well covered. The guy loosely covering Simmons converges on Butler who puts up an awkward, double-teamed three pointer that missed at the buzzer. Simmons and his reluctance to shoot from outside is ridiculous. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 19, 2019 10:35 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Awesome sequence at end of the 76ers - Thunder game. 76ers down two with a few seconds left. Simmons brings ball up court and has a pretty good look at a three-pointer but instead passes to Butler next to him who's well covered. The guy loosely covering Simmons converges on Butler who puts up an awkward, double-teamed three pointer that missed at the buzzer. Simmons and his reluctance to shoot from outside is ridiculous. 

Just saw the highlights and the fouls called on those last 20 seconds of 3’s just ruins everything for me. I cannot stand 250 lb world class athletes falling down on stuff that wouldn’t knock down a toddler

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 9:27 AM

So Harden has scored 163 in the last 3 games. Not a single one came from and assist. I don’t know if that’s impressive or not? But it’s something. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 2:33 PM
posted by wildcats20

So Harden has scored 163 in the last 3 games. Not a single one came from and assist. I don’t know if that’s impressive or not? But it’s something. 

If it were anyone else but him, very impressive. He sucks tho and is the embodiment of spamming E-Honda's slapping hand from SF2. Therefore it shows what a POS ballhog he is.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 7:07 PM

Harden only 9 free throw attempts today!

tho 2 b fair the Rockets didn’t have a game today

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 7:11 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

If it were anyone else but him, very impressive. He sucks tho and is the embodiment of spamming E-Honda's slapping hand from SF2. Therefore it shows what a POS ballhog he is.

I have no idea what this means. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 7:57 PM

This site is terrible with Harden hot takes. He’s really fucking good

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jan 20, 2019 8:06 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Sure is. He absolutely gets the benefit of the whistle, but he doesn’t need it. The last couple years, he’s been arguably a top 3-4 player. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 1:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

fuck him

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 1:23 PM

He sure as hell didn't deserve MVP last year.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 11:26 PM

Cousins looks slower than I thought he would 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 22, 2019 12:13 AM

Lakers just brutal without LeBron and Klay can shoot pretty good

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 22, 2019 12:19 AM

Klay is 10/10 on 3’s and 7/7 in the 3rd...now they are guarding him hard

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:06 PM

Oladipo had to be taken off on a stretcher after injuring his knee. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it seems. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:08 PM
posted by wildcats20

Oladipo had to be taken off on a stretcher after injuring his knee. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it seems. 

Damn, ya hate to see it.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:10 PM

Apparently they covered up his knee with a towel or something. Assuming it’s blown up. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:12 PM
posted by wildcats20

Apparently they covered up his knee with a towel or something. Assuming it’s blown up. 

Pacers have just had brutal luck with lower leg injuries to their stars past few yrs. DAMN

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Thoughts and prayers.  I really like Oladipo

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:02 PM
posted by wildcats20

Awful news

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:10 PM

36 first half points for Harden. Another 50 spot coming for sure. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:53 PM
posted by wildcats20

36 first half points for Harden. Another 50 spot coming for sure. 

51 now and 15 rb 

He’s 5/19 on 3’s but 18/19 ft

Anyone ever attempted 20 3’s in a game and get 20 free throws also?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:58 PM

He did it! He did it!

20 3’s attempted and 21 free throws!

Incredible

Has any other player ever had 15 and 15?

I wonder if 5 other players this year have done 12 and 12?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Uh, Knicks fouling on purpose late. Gordon takes ball out of bounds and passes in to open Tucker....Tucker just stood there and let ball bounce and Knicks guy hesitates because everyone is confused and picks it up and scores easy bucket

Ive never seen that

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 10:32 PM
posted by Ironman92

51 now and 15 rb 

He’s 5/19 on 3’s but 18/19 ft

Anyone ever attempted 20 3’s in a game and get 20 free throws also?

He is the first to attempt 20 and 20