NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, May 13, 2019 9:25 AM
posted by like_that

This came out of nowhere too.  I don't recall reading any rumors about Beilein.

Apparently they interviewed him last week and never disclosed it. 

slingshot4ever

Mon, May 13, 2019 9:29 AM

As a Cavs fan I am cautiously optomistic about the JB hire.  Maybe he will get to coach Zion!

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 13, 2019 5:02 PM

Lol just turned on tv, it was on ESPN and Around the Horn was about 5 seconds into their into and they kept showing different pics of Sixers players and the background was Kawhi’s ridiculous laugh. It was hilarious.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 13, 2019 10:27 PM

Kevin Durant’s point total the remainder of the playoffs

Over/under 111.5 points

friendfromlowry

Mon, May 13, 2019 11:46 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

That was nuts. Two great game 7s.

These playoffs have been great. I remember last year through the second round most of the games had been decided by 10-15 points. This year you've had two epic series winners by Kawhi and Lillard. The Rockets - Warriors games were all decided by < 6 points. A few game sevens. The 4 overtime game between Portland - Denver, to name a few highlights. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 14, 2019 11:34 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

These playoffs have been great. I remember last year through the second round most of the games had been decided by 10-15 points. This year you've had two epic series winners by Kawhi and Lillard. The Rockets - Warriors games were all decided by < 6 points. A few game sevens. The 4 overtime game between Portland - Denver, to name a few highlights. 

Yeah it's been a great playoffs. Reminds me of that yr when LBJ was on the heat and every series went 7 it seemed.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 14, 2019 11:38 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Yeah it's been a great playoffs. Reminds me of that yr when LBJ was on the heat and every series went 7 it seemed.

Just like that particular year, the champion is going to be a team that none of us want to see win. smh. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 14, 2019 2:03 PM

Draft lottery is tonight. Looking forward to seeing where the Cavs will select.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, May 14, 2019 2:29 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Draft lottery is tonight. Looking forward to seeing where the Cavs will select.

did I see where they have a 12% chance to win the 1st pick?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, May 14, 2019 2:58 PM
posted by vball10set

did I see where they a 12% chance to win the 1st pick?

Yeah, top odds (with Knicks and Suns). Also better odds to fall to 6th though.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Well fuck

kizer permanente

Tue, May 14, 2019 8:46 PM

Awesome. Fucking nba. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 14, 2019 8:51 PM

wow, fuck off Knicks

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, May 14, 2019 8:53 PM

Kinda wish LA would have just gotten it to blow it up.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, May 14, 2019 8:59 PM

I guess you take Culver and hope he develops into another KD type SG.

kizer permanente

Tue, May 14, 2019 9:06 PM

not getting one of the top 3 really sucked. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 14, 2019 9:22 PM

Well, fuck this new format.

kizer permanente

Tue, May 14, 2019 10:22 PM
posted by like_that

Well, fuck this new format.

I get trying to combat tanking, but you’re just going to keep bad teams bad longer this way. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 8:22 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I get trying to combat tanking, but you’re just going to keep bad teams bad longer this way. 

I have never been a fan of the lottery (even though it essentially won a title for the Cavs lol).  If the shittiest teams are tanking, who gives a fuck?  Nobody is glued to their TV or sprinting to buy tickets to watch the worst teams in the NBA.  If anything, the tankathon a fun subplot to the regular season that most NBA stars seem to think is meaningless.  You could make an argument that the tankathon is more entertaining than the 2-3 teams fighting for an 8th seed only to get swept in the first round.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 8:34 AM

Btw, I am not sure if anyone has said it, but Griffin is one lucky fucking GM. 

BR1986FB

Wed, May 15, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by kizer permanente

And with the Cavs, it's almost worse. I appreciate that DG was willing to spend money during the Lebron years but his constant turnover with the coaching/front office will likely ensure that the Cavs will suck for a LONG time.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 15, 2019 8:51 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And with the Cavs, it's almost worse. I appreciate that DG was willing to spend money during the Lebron years but his constant turnover with the coaching/front office will likely ensure that the Cavs will suck for a LONG time.

Have you not watched the NBA the last 15 years?  Outside of a few franchises, most NBA teams go thru coaches like candy.  Some of the franchises who happen to keep their coaches for awhile, are lucky enough to have a superstar or two, which keeps them afloat.  I could understand if you were talking about football, but it really is not even comparable.