Browns season 2021

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 8:29 AM

Play ball

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 8:58 AM

I can see the league appealing this and upping it to 8 games. Can't see them wanting Watson on MNF on Halloween against the Bengals with the optics.

Al Bundy

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:00 AM

If the league appeals, who hears the appeal? And why does it matter since the league can rule whatever they want?

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:10 AM
posted by Al Bundy

If the league appeals, who hears the appeal? And why does it matter since the league can rule whatever they want?

Sounds like it's Rog's decision on appeal. $60k question is, does the league want the NFLPA to go scorched earth on them if they do try to overturn her recommendation. I don't think the owners want their dirty laundry out there.

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:11 AM

And part of Robinson's ruling said that Watson must receive all massages "in house" (Browns facility) going forward.

kizer permanente

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:24 AM

Wouldn't Watson be able to play during an appeal?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:40 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I can see the league appealing this and upping it to 8 games. Can't see them wanting Watson on MNF on Halloween against the Bengals with the optics.

Or maybe they do want it and ratings will be even higher 🤷🏻‍♂️

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:44 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Wouldn't Watson be able to play during an appeal?

Believe so. Even with this suspension he'll be able to practice and play in all preseason games up to week 1.

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:47 AM
posted by Ironman92

Or maybe they do want it and ratings will be even higher 🤷🏻‍♂️

Coworker also mentioned this.

For the league to appeal they'd basically being saying "thanks, Sue Robinson but this has been a complete waste of your time. We see no value in a female ruling on a female related case in the league...bye, bye."

ESPN, NFL Network, etc are all losing their woke minds over this. Can't wait to hear Mr Hypocrite (Rich Eisen's) take on this after he glossed over the Robert Kraft situation yet has Watson already in front of a firing squad.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 9:59 AM

If the NFL appeals, and Roger ups it, there will be a long legal battle and it wont be good for either side (but much worse for the NFL as new information would come out on their end). 

They may get away with an 8-game and Watson says ok fine. But I think this stays at 6.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 10:08 AM

I’ll take 6 games, but fuck Goodell if he tries to up it.

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 12:47 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 5:08 PM

Robert Kraft lol

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 5:33 PM

The NFL should accept the judgement and all parties move on.  

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 8:16 AM

SmartSelect_20220803-003648_Messages.jpg

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 8:32 AM
posted by BR1986FB

SmartSelect_20220803-003648_Messages.jpg

Yes, because the NFL is such a bastion of morality.  Give it a rest Goodell.

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 8:48 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yes, because the NFL is such a bastion of morality.  Give it a rest Goodell.

He's going to base this on all of the faux outrage from the woke social media crowd/court of public opinion which wants Watson in front of a firing squad. 

Even if Watson & the NFLPA sues the only thing they will accomplish is a smear campaign on the hypocritical owners. They won't win an appeal.  If it's overturned on appeal, he will get to play in week 1 and moving forward until it's resolved.

If I'm Sue Robinson, I resign immediately if this does happen. The whole "process" would've been a sham.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 9:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

He's going to base this on all of the faux outrage from the woke social media crowd/court of public opinion which wants Watson in front of a firing squad. 

You mean pretty much everyone outside your fan base? 

kizer permanente

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:04 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

That's sports. Laley was right. No one cares when its on their team they only care when its on someone elses.

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:20 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I'll lay my fucking cards on the table right now if you want my honest thoughts.

What Watson did is no different than any other sleaze that goes to a private masseuse would do. His biggest issue was that he has money and can be shaken down. THREE, I REPEAT, THREE of these "ladies" were licensed masseuses which leads me to believe the other 20+ were looking for the IG "hookup" with the rich QB. When things started to escalate, EVERYONE wanted to get paid.

There was no "rape" like some would imply. What he did is likely SOP for any sleaze ball that goes to a private masseuse.

In the beginning, I was on the "court of public opinion/lynch mob" that you're part of the group leading but after more & more came out on this, I don't think it was any more than a shakedown.

And truth be told, I think Roethlisberger was a sleaze with a previous past of treating women like shit but do I think he raped that girl in Georgia? Probably not but there's a little difference here. Ben had a history of being a shitty person. Watson didn't.

Plus, people like you are very insulated and gobble up all of the outrage that the biased media, who wants clicks, feeds you. In NE Ohio we get a lot more information regarding this than just the shit ESPN, NFLN is regurgitating to you.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:21 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Even if Watson & the NFLPA sues the only thing they will accomplish is a smear campaign on the hypocritical owners. They won't win an appeal.  If it's overturned on appeal, he will get to play in week 1 and moving forward until it's resolved.

If I'm Sue Robinson, I resign immediately if this does happen. The whole "process" would've been a sham.

Plus if Goodell appeals, it keeps the entire thing in the headlines.  Sue Robinson is a federal appeals judge, not just some schmuck off the street.  Let it go.  No one is under the delusion that the NFL is filled with alter boys.  A process was followed, move on.

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:28 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Plus if Goodell appeals, it keeps the entire thing in the headlines.  Sue Robinson is a federal appeals judge, not just some schmuck off the street.  Let it go.  No one is under the delusion that the NFL is filled with alter boys.  A process was followed, move on.

In theory, this would be the smart thing to do but we're talking about Old Rog here. Not the brightest crayon in the box. I think he's going to want to poke the bear after he screwed the pooch with the Ray Rice debacle to get it "right."

And it's ALL going to be based on the dumbasses on social media and their faux outrage. Did the same thing to Johnny Depp and see how that turned out.

Automatik

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'll lay my fucking cards on the table right now if you want my honest thoughts.

What Watson did is no different than any other sleaze that goes to a private masseuse would do. His biggest issue was that he has money and can be shaken down. THREE, I REPEAT, THREE of these "ladies" were licensed masseuses which leads me to believe the other 20+ were looking for the IG "hookup" with the rich QB. When things started to escalate, EVERYONE wanted to get paid.

There was no "rape" like some would imply. What he did is likely SOP for any sleaze ball that goes to a private masseuse.

In the beginning, I was on the "court of public opinion/lynch mob" that you're part of the group leading but after more & more came out on this, I don't think it was any more than a shakedown.

And truth be told, I think Roethlisberger was a sleaze with a previous past of treating women like shit but do I think he raped that girl in Georgia? Probably not but there's a little difference here. Ben had a history of being a shitty person. Watson didn't.

Plus, people like you are very insulated and gobble up all of the outrage that the biased media, who wants clicks, feeds you. In NE Ohio we get a lot more information regarding this than just the shit ESPN, NFLN is regurgitating to you.

Can you elaborate on the bolded?

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:42 AM

I'm also interested in the bolded. Didn't realize I was apart of the woke crowd gobbling up outrage that bias media is feeding me. 

If you're laying your honest cards on the table, call it what it really is like others have. He plays for the Browns, so you're going to find a way to be cool with what he did and "Eh who cares not like the NFL is that moral anyways." If he played for the Ravens, we'd already have a nickname for him and be complaining about the six games. But its the Browns and he makes us better so oh well.