Browns season 2021

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 2:02 PM
posted by Laley23

Rapist is a loose term -- if he actually forced himself on them and penetrated, we are talking a whole different level. But do people really think masturbating in front of someone is worse than almost killing them via beating them to an absolute pulp? Because if that is the case, I think you are all as far from the right side (there is no right side, just an expression) of that take.

Are there guys currently playing that have almost killed a woman multiple times?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 2:21 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Are there guys currently playing that have almost killed a woman multiple times?

Greg Hardy is not currently playing. But after his charges came out he played for Carolina, was let go, signed with Dallas and played 12 games.  It wasnt until the photos came out that he was out of the league a true pariah. 

Tyreek Hill's domestic violence was pretty damn bad, and within it tried to kill his unborn son. I can't speak to multiple times, but the child abuse recording that came out a few years back would certainly lead one to believe the pregnant beating wasn't the only one. Also...the whole child abuse thing in general. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 5:13 PM

So the Texans knew and provided NDA’s for Watson lol. What. The. Fuck. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 7:43 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Even if things went from civil to criminal, aren't the Browns on the hook for the guaranteed part of the contract?

Regardless of that, they still are out a bunch of picks because when they went in on Watson, they went all-in as far as trading the future for the present. With their (if Watson is out of the picture) QB situation being a guy who's pissed off at the franchise and whatever else is available and no first round picks the next two years to go after a Young/Stroud/whoever else happens to be deemed elite by draft time.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 8:29 PM

I’m concerned now. Wtf

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jun 8, 2022 4:48 PM

Not looking good

BR1986FB

Tue, Jun 14, 2022 12:17 PM

Sounds like the Browns and Panthers could be close to a deal for Mayfield. Hearing Sam Darnold may be part of the trade (swap salaries) with the Browns getting a pick. Basically the Brock Osweiler trade to gain a draft pick.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 7:40 PM

NFL is shooting high with this proposed 1 year ban of Watson to save face with the woke crowd, knowing it's likely going to be significantly less.

The NFLPA will go at them hard with the Robert Kraft/Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder "do as I say, not as I do" transgressions.

NFLPA is also bringing out their big guns with their outside counselor, Jeffrey Kessler, getting involved. Quotes about Kessler include (team spokesperson) "Love that guy.....he gets players back on the field." (League Spokesperson) "that guy scares the shit out of me."

If not familiar with Kessler, he represented TB12 in Deflate Gate. He will likely push for no suspension. I doubt that happens but I could see it being far less than the woke crowd wants.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 7:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

NFL is shooting high with this proposed 1 year ban of Watson to save face with the woke crowd, knowing it's likely going to be significantly less.

The NFLPA will go at them hard with the Robert Kraft/Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder "do as I say, not as I do" transgressions.

NFLPA is also bringing out their big guns with their outside counselor, Jeffrey Kessler, getting involved. Quotes about Kessler include (team spokesperson) "Love that guy.....he gets players back on the field." (League Spokesperson) "that guy scares the shit out of me."

If not familiar with Kessler, he represented TB12 in Deflate Gate. He will likely push for no suspension. I doubt that happens but I could see it being far less than the woke crowd wants.

6-8 games in the end seems obvious 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 8:15 PM

If it’s a season ban at first, Is that better to still have 5 years of control? Instead of like 12 games? It’s always something… 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 8:32 PM

You have to be apart of the woke crowd to want this weird asshole to be punished?

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 8:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

6-8 games in the end seems obvious 

I'm thinking along these lines. Don't think it will be a full season. If it's 6, Brissett might be able to get them to 4-2 or 3-3 before he'd return for the Ravens.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jun 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Interesting timing. And first girl is still one of the ones to not settle. I assume Watson had discussed this will the NFL already.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jun 21, 2022 1:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

Interesting timing. And first girl is still one of the ones to not settle. I assume Watson had discussed this will the NFL already.

I'm assuming this was part of some negotiation for a lesser suspension.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 7:55 PM

Fingers crossed. What’s the earliest to know?

jmog

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 8:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Watson hearings are over. From what I see, very little, to no, evidence. The Shield is pushing for a long suspension while the NFLPA is saying 0 games. Doubt it's 0 but I don't think it's going to be many.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/30/judge-robinson-could-impose-not-much-punishment-if-any-on-deshaun-watson/

From what I saw, I’m confused.

Supposedly the NFL investigation showed no evidence of force, coercion, threat, violence, etc and the Grand Jury didn’t have enough evidence to indict criminally….

Why would there be any suspension at all?

I mean my personal moral code says what he did was despicable but if he did nothing even close to being illegal then why would there be a suspension when he already had to sit out a whole year for this?

What am I missing?

jmog

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 8:10 PM
posted by iclfan2

Fingers crossed. What’s the earliest to know?

I heard week of July 11th

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 10:11 PM

Could it be one of those “you made the NFL look dumber by your actions…..here’s 4-6 games and make better decisions”

BR1986FB

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 10:45 PM
posted by Ironman92

Could it be one of those “you made the NFL look dumber by your actions…..he’s 4-6 games and make better decisions”

I've heard a few opinions that,  for the league to save face and get their lengthy suspension, that Watson sitting out last years games after the bye could be considered part of suspension served to go along with a few games this year and he'd have to pay back the money he made last year.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 11:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I've heard a few opinions that,  for the league to save face and get their lengthy suspension, that Watson sitting out last years games after the bye could be considered part of suspension served to go along with a few games this year and he'd have to pay back the money he made last year.

Less than a year and those irritating people will be noisy for an amount of time….until something else outrages them.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 11:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Less than a year and those irritating people will be noisy for an amount of time….until something else outrages them.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 11:51 PM

What a crazy day. I completely forgot to check in on the Watson stuff. Ready PFT tweets, who has been n the forefront of the Watson attack, it does sound like Watson is in the drivers seat as far as outcomes go.

Great for Browns fans. Probably not so great for the league and women who have come forward with real issues as those in power/money would “in many eyes” skate by again.