Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Sun, Aug 25, 2019 11:47 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Hey BR: https://twitter.com/pff_browns/status/1165594673781428224?s=21

Don't care. Can be replaced and he won't be resigned at the end of the year. God you have a hardon for this guy. . You'd think he was that scrub, Andra Davis.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Aug 25, 2019 11:08 PM

Brent Sobleski

@brentsobleski

Rookie Drew Forbes is the Browns' top-graded guard not named Joel Bitonio through three preseason games.

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Yeah, let's get rid of the BEST coverage lber in the game in a passing league /S

https://twitter.com/JohnKosko3/status/1165976530889191424?s=20

John Kosko

Schobert grading as the #1 off-ball LB in the NFL this preseason at 92.4.

Here's your problem. We've been hearing ALL preseason that teams are likely going to RUN the ball to slow down the supposed "high octane" offense of the Browns. So they are going to need LBer's that are good at stopping the run, which Schobert isn't (led the league in missed tackles). Chess, not checkers....

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 3:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Here's your problem. We've been hearing ALL preseason that teams are likely going to RUN the ball to slow down the supposed "high octane" offense of the Browns. So they are going to need LBer's that are good at stopping the run, which Schobert isn't (led the league in missed tackles). Chess, not checkers....

lmao "we've been hearing". BR, teams are passing more in today's NFL than ever before. Shittsburgh passed almost 70% last season. You have to scheme to a modern NFL team, which is stopping the pass. Missed tackles are the end all be all for LBer stats in today's day and age either. WAKE UP DUDE!

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 5:09 PM

lmao "we've been hearing". BR, teams are passing more in today's NFL than ever before. Shittsburgh passed almost 70% last season. You have to scheme to a modern NFL team, which is stopping the pass. Missed tackles are the end all be all for LBer stats in today's day and age either. WAKE UP DUDE!

Do you not watch these games? They've been saying it every game. Especially after the pass rush we saw from the Browns. Teams will try to run on them. Unless it's a team like the Pats, Rams or Steelers, most of these teams won't be able to go toe to toe with the Browns offense. Can't wait to see Joe Slow-bert whiffing on tackles every time Lamar Jackson runs near him.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 5:11 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Do you not watch these games? They've been saying it every game. Especially after the pass rush we saw from the Browns. Teams will try to run on them. Unless it's a team like the Pats, Rams or Steelers, most of these teams won't be able to go toe to toe with the Browns offense. Can't wait to see Joe Slow-bert whiffing on tackles every time Lamar Jackson runs near him.

Well if preseason announcers are saying it during the middle of the 4th quarter of the first preseason game, well by golly it has to be true. /S

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 5:16 PM

Well if preseason announcers are saying it during the middle of the 4th quarter of the first preseason game, well by golly it has to be true. /S

It's throughout the game. And yes, I realize it's a "passing league" but most of these teams, except the ones I mentioned, aren't going to want to get into an offensive shootout with the Browns. Looking at their schedule, I see 11 out of 16 games where the team will be more prone to a ball control/running game than a high volume passing attack.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 5:33 PM

I will put $10000000000 on no team the Browns play rush more than they pass. QB scrambles turned runs count as passes.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 6:38 PM
posted by Laley23

I will put $10000000000 on no team the Browns play rush more than they pass. QB scrambles turned runs count as passes.

There is no doubt.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 6:46 PM

Looked like Austin Siebert will be our kicker over Greg Joseph.

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 8:31 PM
posted by Laley23

Apparently you forgot they play Baltimore twice.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 8:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Apparently you forgot they play Baltimore twice.

No I didn’t. They will be closest. But how many rushes in the second game for Jackson were dropbacks? I know they had a ton more ushers vs Browns and a few others with him at QB, but the NFL adapts real quick to that shit, and if I count dropbacks as passes not rushes, I think Baltimore will still pass more than rush.

BR1986FB

Tue, Aug 27, 2019 7:47 AM
posted by Laley23

No I didn’t. They will be closest. But how many rushes in the second game for Jackson were dropbacks? I know they had a ton more ushers vs Browns and a few others with him at QB, but the NFL adapts real quick to that shit, and if I count dropbacks as passes not rushes, I think Baltimore will still pass more than rush.

In week 17 of last year, Baltimore had 47 rushes and 24 passes. Jackson had 20 of those rushes and I will put $10000000000 on it that those 20 rushes weren't all dropbacks....nor were the majority of them.

My earlier point was not that teams were going to run more than they pass against the Browns as much as they will likely run significantly more than normal because of a) wanting to slow down the Browns offense and b) to slow down the Browns pass rush. Teams running more than passing are an anomaly in the league, which I know, but teams will likely run more against the Browns and the numbers say that Schobert is a liability against the run.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 27, 2019 12:07 PM

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Aug 29, 2019 8:50 PM

Vornkahl just cut himself...horrendous series there. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 29, 2019 9:19 PM

Looks like Joseph is out. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 29, 2019 9:19 PM

Devaroe Lawrence has really impressed. Really like the Scottish Hammer too. How often do you see punters stick their nose in to make that many tackles?

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Aug 30, 2019 7:50 AM

fuck the preseason, let's get the real thing going...fwiw, I have no lofty expectations for this team (with a first time HC) other than a winning record, no serious injuries, and to keep getting better--at least for this year....here we go, Brownies, here we go...

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 30, 2019 7:57 AM
posted by vball10set

fuck the preseason, let's get the real thing going...fwiw, I have no lofty expectations for this team (with a first time HC) other than a winning record, no serious injuries, and to keep getting better--at least for this year....here we go, Brownies, here we go...

With all of the hype, I'm expecting playoffs at a minimum. This team has the talent to go to the Super Bowl but they lack the experience to do so, imo. The expectations are high for this offense but I think it's going to be the defense that really shines, and keeps them afloat.

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Aug 30, 2019 8:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

With all of the hype, I'm expecting playoffs at a minimum. This team has the talent to go to the Super Bowl but they lack the experience to do so, imo. The expectations are high for this offense but I think it's going to be the defense that really shines, and keeps them afloat.

This right here is why I'm tempering my expectations (not to be confused with my 'wants'-lol)...as long as they end up with a winning record, beat our rivals, and show continued progress throughout the season, I'll be okay with that. Cliche's aside, I really think next year is our year, and that we can seriously be in the conversation for a Super Bowl berth...as long as we stay healthy.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Aug 30, 2019 10:03 AM
posted by vball10set

Woof! Woof!

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Aug 30, 2019 12:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Devaroe Lawrence has really impressed. Really like the Scottish Hammer too. How often do you see punters stick their nose in to make that many tackles?

I like the tackle, hate that he had to make it bc our ST was sooo bad.