Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Love Odell’s first presser. So cautiously optimistic right now...

slingshot4ever

Fri, Jul 26, 2019 11:57 AM

Corey Coleman tore his ACL today.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jul 26, 2019 12:07 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Corey Coleman tore his ACL today.

Sucks, this is the shit that scares me.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 7:52 AM

I know this might sound trivial but is anyone else concerned that this team will be really good but will blow a couple of games because of a shitty kicker? From what I'm hearing Joseph is still so so and the rookie who they drafted is all over the place.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 8:11 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I know this might sound trivial but is anyone else concerned that this team will be really good but will blow a couple of games because of a shitty kicker? From what I'm hearing Joseph is still so so and the rookie who they drafted is all over the place.

I don't think it is trivial. I think we had the worst PAT % last year, and so far the kicker position still sucks. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 8:15 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It's a legitimate concern, so we better just score TD's and not have any close games--that way we're not leaving anything to chance-LOL

BR1986FB

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by iclfan2

I don't think it is trivial. I think we had the worst PAT % last year, and so far the kicker position still sucks. 

Phil Dawson is available...LOL

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 10:43 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Kicker is definitely an area of concern. I'm a believer in GJ tho, all reports Ive read are that he's great. The rookie kicker that we stupidly fucking drafted has been a bum.

I'm most concerned with:

Dline Depth - We don't have any. DT is especially concerning.

LBer - Can Kirksey stop playing like ass? Do we have a LBer outside of Joe that's worth a shit? I'm hoping Takitaki can step up.

DB: We have no FS depth, some JAGs at SS, and a bunch of parts at CB. If Ward gets his bell rung again, our CB depth turns to shit.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 10:54 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Kicker is definitely an area of concern. I'm a believer in GJ tho, all reports Ive read are that he's great. The rookie kicker that we stupidly fucking drafted has been a bum.

I'm most concerned with:

Dline Depth - We don't have any. DT is especially concerning.

LBer - Can Kirksey stop playing like ass? Do we have a LBer outside of Joe that's worth a shit? I'm hoping Takitaki can step up.

DB: We have no FS depth, some JAGs at SS, and a bunch of parts at CB. If Ward gets his bell rung again, our CB depth turns to shit.

I'm concerned about Corbett at guard too.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jul 29, 2019 11:06 AM
posted by BR1986FB

After watching the Bears playoff game and the Browns losing multiple games last year due to their kicker (i.e. Saints game, or "not winning" vs the Steelers) this is definitely not trivial.  We are going to be very fucking pissed off if they do everything to win the game and the kicker fucking blows it. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jul 30, 2019 1:23 PM

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/07/1dc9bcf4575736/odell-beckham-was-held-back-by-eli-manning-last-season-5-plays-that-show-how.html

"Manning's 2018 stats when throwing to Beckham were staggering. 

Beckham only saw an accurate pass (on-frame or in-stride) on 50 percent of his targets last year. 

That was last among wide receivers. 

Mayfield was fourth in accurate throw rate from Week 9 onward. "

WOW

slingshot4ever

Tue, Jul 30, 2019 11:29 PM

super pumped....just got our tickets for the Rams game....35 yd line lower level 3rd row!!

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:09 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

super pumped....just got our tickets for the Rams game....35 yd line lower level 3rd row!!

Nice!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:32 AM

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/07/1dc9bcf4575736/odell-beckham-was-held-back-by-eli-manning-last-season-5-plays-that-show-how.html

"Manning's 2018 stats when throwing to Beckham were staggering. 

Beckham only saw an accurate pass (on-frame or in-stride) on 50 percent of his targets last year. 

That was last among wide receivers. 

Mayfield was fourth in accurate throw rate from Week 9 onward. "

WOW

Which makes it even more hilarious that NYG GM Dave "every 'stupid boomers' meme in real life" Gettleman is willing to ride with Manning until the day he decomposes. I remember how, last year, Amari Cooper went from "disappointing year; real disappointing year" to "HE'S STILL GOT IT!!!!" right after going from Derek Carr throwing to him to Dak.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Which makes it even more hilarious that NYG GM Dave "every 'stupid boomers' meme in real life" Gettleman is willing to ride with Manning until the day he decomposes. I remember how, last year, Amari Cooper went from "disappointing year; real disappointing year" to "HE'S STILL GOT IT!!!!" right after going from Derek Carr throwing to him to Dak.

Said it before and I'll say it again, sooooo glad the Browns got John Dorsey and dodged that Dave Gettleman bullet.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 3:31 PM

Phil to Thrill retires today as a Brown. Absolute legend.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 5:34 PM

Anthony Lima

@SportsBoyTony

@AKinkhabwala

just now on

@923TheFan

, "For the first time in seven years, I can't tell the difference between a Browns practice and a Steelers/Ravens practice"

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 12:12 PM

Know it was an informal scrimmage but I'm a tad more comfortable that Greg Joseph was lights out with his accuracy Saturday afternoon.

BRF

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 12:35 PM

Good to hear about Joseph. I thought he did a decent job last year (17 for 20......11 for 11 from less than 40). 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 1:26 PM

Dwayne Haskins back in the Buckeye State this Thursday for his first preseason game...here we go, Brownies, here we go--woof woof...anyone carrying it live per chance?

Washington

Cleveland
7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $8 FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 6:20 PM

legit lol'd

Kitchens is awesome: https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/1158436019307524103

I listened to his presser, he is not happy about fat Wylie. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 7:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

I listened to his presser, he is not happy about fat Wylie. 

Or fat Hue for that matter.

First offical depth chart for preseason game 1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBPRsegWwAEpYGj?format=jpg&name=large