Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, May 20, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

I am not loyal to Duke, just looking at first 8 weeks of Donte Hilliard as the #2/ 3rd down back and pondering what that would produce

With the weapons they have, they may not need/use a 3rd down back. I get what you're saying about Hilliard being the #2 though. With the passing threat they have, I think he'd do ok.

BR1986FB

Tue, May 21, 2019 7:54 AM

TB has released Gerald McCoy. Will be interesting to see if Dorsey pounces on him.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, May 30, 2019 11:19 AM

More OTAs today. Landry, OBJ, Calloway, Duke, Njoku, and Randal mia. Don't really have an opinion on it, but would think at least Calloway would want to be getting as many reps as he can.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, May 30, 2019 11:32 AM
posted by BR1986FB

TB has released Gerald McCoy. Will be interesting to see if Dorsey pounces on him.

any update on this?

BR1986FB

Thu, May 30, 2019 2:12 PM
posted by vball10set

any update on this?

Was supposedly down to the Browns and Rats for McCoy's services but he pulled a swerve yesterday and is now meeting with Carolina tomorrow. Browns are the best situation, if he wants to win, but $$$ talks.

BR1986FB

Thu, May 30, 2019 2:15 PM
posted by iclfan2

More OTAs today. Landry, OBJ, Calloway, Duke, Njoku, and Randal mia. Don't really have an opinion on it, but would think at least Calloway would want to be getting as many reps as he can.

I know it's only OTA's but I found it interesting that Kyle Kalis is running with the 1's at RG and Austin Corbett is the backup Center. Kudos to LCB's Offensive Line Performance group for improving Kalis. LeCharles has done wonders with that.

I know he's only a second year player but it looks like Dorsey shit down his leg on the Corbett pick. High 2nd rounder should be starting as a rookie, unless they're a QB.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, May 30, 2019 2:48 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Was supposedly down to the Browns and Rats for McCoy's services but he pulled a swerve yesterday and is now meeting with Carolina tomorrow. Browns are the best situation, if he wants to win, but $$$ talks.

If he doesn't go to the Browns, then Carolina is a nice consolation for us.

BR1986FB

Thu, May 30, 2019 3:11 PM
posted by like_that

If he doesn't go to the Browns, then Carolina is a nice consolation for us.

Agreed. Doesn't want to get syphilis in Crackmore.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 9:45 AM

Sounds like McCoy has eliminated Carolina which leaves it down to the Browns and Rats. He supposedly will make his decision this morning as he wants to be in camp with a team as they start up this week. Heard a lot of rumblings that he's choosing the Browns which means it's likely Baltimore.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 10:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Sounds like McCoy has eliminated Carolina which leaves it down to the Browns and Rats. He supposedly will make his decision this morning as he wants to be in camp with a team as they start up this week. Heard a lot of rumblings that he's choosing the Browns which means it's likely Baltimore.

He's definitely going to the Rats.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 11:16 AM
posted by like_that

He's definitely going to the Rats.

If he doesn't make his decision today, it's likely them. McCoy has said he wants to be in camp with his new team. Browns camp starts tomorrow and the Rats starts next week.

edit: and now Carolina is supposedly still in the mix and he's negotiating between the three teams.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 5:53 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Your sources suck. But better than Baltimore I guess.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 6:52 PM

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1135671044587556871

Well now that the terms of the deal are known, it stings a bit.  This type of deal would have been nice for the Browns.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 8:23 PM
posted by Laley23

Your sources suck. But better than Baltimore I guess.

Yeah, guess you didn't see where I edited that post to include that Carolina was supposedly still in the mix, prior to your post?

BR1986FB

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 8:26 PM
posted by like_that

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1135671044587556871

Well now that the terms of the deal are known, it stings a bit.  This type of deal would have been nice for the Browns.

Have to think that was his preferred destination, over money. He also said he wanted to win over money which would've made the Browns or Rats the choice over Carolina, imo.  I'd imagine the Browns offered (or would have) more than that with $30+ million still available.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 10:15 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, guess you didn't see where I edited that post to include that Carolina was supposedly still in the mix, prior to your post?

No, didn’t even read that post until now lol.

It was just a fun way for me to say where he was going. I enjoy reports like that since I don’t seek them out on my own.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 10:29 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Have to think that was his preferred destination, over money. He also said he wanted to win over money which would've made the Browns or Rats the choice over Carolina, imo.  I'd imagine the Browns offered (or would have) more than that with $30+ million still available.

Supposedly the Browns didn’t want to get into a bidding war and we’re going to ask him to take a bigger paycut. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jun 3, 2019 10:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

Supposedly the Browns didn’t want to get into a bidding war and we’re going to ask him to take a bigger paycut. 

I read Browns offered $10M; which is more than the Panthers offered.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jun 4, 2019 7:28 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I read Browns offered $10M; which is more than the Panthers offered.

And the Rats supposedly offered double what the Panthers did (guaranteed) so I have to think a lot of this was about destination (family is closer to Charlotte) than who he thinks has the best chance to win.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jun 4, 2019 7:29 AM
posted by Laley23

No, didn’t even read that post until now lol.

It was just a fun way for me to say where he was going. I enjoy reports like that since I don’t seek them out on my own.

Seriously, I don't think anyone here has a "source."  No worries. McCoy, as mentioned, would've been a nice luxury but he wasn't a necessity.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 10:05 AM

David Amerson was released. I'd kick the tires on him, plus he has a history w/ Wilks.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 12:18 PM