Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 8:48 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Just got tickets for Browns 49ers game. Right behind browns bench around the 30 yd line. Pretty pumped to see this team in action.

I got my 4 tix for the 10/13 Browns/Seahawks game...like you, pretty damn geeked

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 3:41 PM
posted by vball10set

I got my 4 tix for the 10/13 Browns/Seahawks game...like you, pretty damn geeked

I got 4 tickets as well. Set me back quite a bit but will be worth it!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 10:31 AM

DT Mike Daniels released from Green Bay. Supposedly Browns have interest.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 11:39 AM

Highest pressure percentage, interior D-Linemen (2015-18):

1. Aaron Donald 17.8%

2. Geno Atkins 14.8

3. Fletcher Cox 14.2

4. Chris Jones 13.3

5. Sheldon Richardson 12.6

6. Malik Jackson 12.3

7. Mike Daniels 12.1

8. Kawann Short 11.4

9. Jurrell Casey 11.0

10. Cameron Heyward 10.9

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Just saw an article where Joe Haden is supposed to "shadow" OBJ when the two teams face each other. LOL....good luck with that, Joe. You've gotten torched by the likes of Cecil Shorts.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:02 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Just saw an article where Joe Haden is supposed to "shadow" OBJ when the two teams face each other. LOL....good luck with that, Joe. You've gotten torched by the likes of Cecil Shorts.

I really hope that's their game plan vs the Browns.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:07 PM
posted by like_that

I really hope that's their game plan vs the Browns.

Haden locked down AJ Green many, many moons ago but OBJ is a tad faster than Green. Plus, Haden's best days are long behind him. Like you said, that would be great because it would create a domino effect of mismatches. Haden isn't "shadowing" OBJ, which means "whose got Landry, or Callaway, or Higgins?" Their secondary is their weak link so BM should pick them apart. Assuming they stay healthy, that Thursday night game should be fun.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:09 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Haden locked down AJ Green many, many moons ago but OBJ is a tad faster than Green. Plus, Haden's best days are long behind him. Like you said, that would be great because it would create a domino effect of mismatches. Haden isn't "shadowing" OBJ, which means "whose got Landry, or Callaway, or Higgins?" Their secondary is their weak link so BM should pick them apart. Assuming they stay healthy, that Thursday night game should be fun.

This is why I doubt this will be their game plan.  They aren't dumb.  Haden started to become Average Joe around the time he got burnt by Cecil Shorts.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:16 PM
posted by like_that

This is why I doubt this will be their game plan.  They aren't dumb.  Haden started to become Average Joe around the time he got burnt by Cecil Shorts.

He's actually bounced back since he's been in Pittsburgh. He's not a lockdown CB but he also didn't continue his down slide that he had in Cleveland.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:21 PM
posted by BR1986FB

He's actually bounced back since he's been in Pittsburgh. He's not a lockdown CB but he also didn't continue his down slide that he had in Cleveland.

He is been below average to average at best for the Steelers.  The only difference is he has other teammates on that roster to hide his flaws. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 3:24 PM

Taylor Lewan suspended vs Browns. That would be a nice start for the Browns Dline

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 7:25 PM
posted by like_that

He is been below average to average at best for the Steelers.  The only difference is he has other teammates on that roster to hide his flaws. 

Just to add to this, Haden is the shiniest turd in a shit sea. He may be Steeler's best, but thewy go elsewhere bc his supporting cast is soo poor.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 8:21 PM

Just to add to this, Haden is the shiniest turd in a shit sea. He may be Steeler's best, but thewy go elsewhere bc his supporting cast is soo poor.

Kinda like Duke Johnson in 2017 when Ricardo Louis was the leading WR yet Duke led the team in receiving yardage.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 8:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

Taylor Lewan suspended vs Browns. That would be a nice start for the Browns Dline

Pretty sure he'd be handling Myles so Garrett better tee off in that game.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jul 24, 2019 11:48 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Kinda like Duke Johnson in 2017 when Ricardo Louis was the leading WR yet Duke led the team in receiving yardage.

No not like that at all. It's more like Reuben Droughns for the Browns. Yeah he rushed for 1k yards, but was pulling a trailer the entire time and no one actually thought he was good.

BR1986FB

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 7:30 AM

No not like that at all. It's more like Reuben Droughns for the Browns. Yeah he rushed for 1k yards, but was pulling a trailer the entire time and no one actually thought he was good.

My point was that people overvalue Duke Johnson because he was the shiniest turd in the land of turds in 2017. He's an expendable player now that the Browns talent pool has significantly increases. The fact that Duke had 300 yards more receiving than any Browns WR or TE in that season shows he was the best of a shitastic roster.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 10:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

My point was that people overvalue Duke Johnson because he was the shiniest turd in the land of turds in 2017. He's an expendable player now that the Browns talent pool has significantly increases. The fact that Duke had 300 yards more receiving than any Browns WR or TE in that season shows he was the best of a shitastic roster.

Not impressed with Duke huh? Sounds familiar from you....

BR1986FB

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Not impressed with Duke huh? Sounds familiar from you....

No, I'm not. Dime a dozen.

BR1986FB

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Plus Duke has fumbling issues.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 12:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No, I'm not. Dime a dozen.

I remember you not being impressed with Myles Garrett before, so I'll take this with a grain of sand.

BR1986FB

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 12:35 PM

I remember you not being impressed with Myles Garrett before, so I'll take this with a grain of sand.

LOL...from one of the guys screaming from the mountaintops about how drafting RB's high was stupid and how running backs were, in my words, a "dime a dozen." Strange how a so so RB with fumbling issues is now the second coming of Jim Brown.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 1:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL...from one of the guys screaming from the mountaintops about how drafting RB's high was stupid and how running backs were, in my words, a "dime a dozen." Strange how a so so RB with fumbling issues is now the second coming of Jim Brown.

Literally no one said that. Actually everything I've read has been very reasonable, Duke has a valuable skillset, and no need to give up on him for free.