Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Tue, Aug 6, 2019 5:07 PM

Sounds like Denzel Ward got dinged up today.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 6, 2019 9:09 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

super pumped....just got our tickets for the Rams game....35 yd line lower level 3rd row!!

Looks like we have one extra ticket if anyone is looking to go...400 for the ticket - section 110, row 3

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Aug 7, 2019 12:56 PM

Saw the darling of cleveland.com Jake Burns is no longer with the PD. He was their best Browns reporter.

Did some digging and learned something else about him...

Article

TL;DR - Burns allegedly sent a Snapchat to a 17 yo female student in 2014 (disseminating matter harmful to juveniles), 5th degree felony, he served 20 days in jail, paid $500 fine, 200 hours community service, 3 years of community control... all behind him now and he is not a registered sex offender.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 7, 2019 1:01 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Saw the darling of cleveland.com Jake Burns is no longer with the PD. He was their best Browns reporter.

Did some digging and learned something else about him...

Article

TL;DR - Burns allegedly sent a Snapchat to a 17 yo female student in 2014 (disseminating matter harmful to juveniles), 5th degree felony, he served 20 days in jail, paid $500 fine, 200 hours community service, 3 years of community control... all behind him now and he is not a registered sex offender.

wow, ha he is one of the best reporters when it comes to breaking down film. Geez.

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 7:33 AM

Here's to no injuries tonight. TBH, couldn't care less if Baker, OBJ, Jarvis, Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio or even Denzel played a snap in preseason.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 8:14 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Here's to no injuries tonight. TBH, couldn't care less if Baker, OBJ, Jarvis, Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio or even Denzel played a snap in preseason.

Agreed for the most part, especially Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio, and Ward. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by iclfan2

Agreed for the most part, especially Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio, and Ward. 

I know it's hard to compare apples to oranges but it didn't seem to hurt the Rams last year, sitting their starters in preseason.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:45 AM

Duke gone! To the texans for an undisclosed draft pick...

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:51 AM

4th rounder that can become a 3rd.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:52 AM
posted by iclfan2

This is why I had no problem with Baker calling him out earlier this summer. People (not browns fans) pointed at how inappropriate it was and how Rivers handled the Gordon holdout was the standard. Completely different situations and Duke was clearly a detriment to the team, at this point. Glad Baker told it like it was.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:53 AM
posted by iclfan2

Seeing conditional 4th. Lol, seems like a great trade. Can get a better 3rd down back in the 4th round anyway.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:55 AM
posted by Laley23

Seeing conditional 4th. Lol, seems like a great trade. Can get a better 3rd down back in the 4th round anyway.

I liked Duke, but he's been overhyped. Great pass catching back, but not worth the headache of his trade demands.

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 11:04 AM
posted by iclfan2

I liked Duke, but he's been overhyped. Great pass catching back, but not worth the headache of his trade demands.

Thank you! As I mentioned before, people fell in love with him because he was the best skill player of a rather shitty group. I think I cited that a few years ago he was the leading receiver (including WR's) of a team whose top WR was Ricardo Louis, who was about 300 yards behind him.

He also had some bad fumbling issues. In fact, that Jets game where they broke through last year his ass got save by a teammate who recovered his fumble, in Jets territory, that could've changed the course of that game.

His skill set is a luxury on this roster and I wouldn't sleep on Dontrell Hilliard.

Verbal Kint

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 11:30 AM

I like the trade and I was stating that no reason to trade unless value received

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Apparently it will be a 3rd rounder if Duke is active for 10 games. Has never missed a game. That makes the trade even better.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 11:48 AM
posted by Laley23

Definitely a great trade - I expect him to be active for the 10 game requirement for this to get bumped up to a 3rd round pick.  Highest return on a RB trade in the NFL since the Browns fleeced the Colts for a 1st in the Trent Richardson trade back in 2013.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 11:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

He also had some bad fumbling issues. In fact, that Jets game where they broke through last year his ass got save by a teammate who recovered his fumble, in Jets territory, that could've changed the course of that game.

Thank you, Rashard Higgins!

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 1:35 PM

I initially thought this was a shitty trade, then I read Brent Sobleski's take on how moving Duke's contract helps resign our studs like Myles and I felt better about it.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 8:22 PM

Man y’all suck at live comments... I can’t even watch. Apparently Baker looked like a boss on first drive. I love Higgins.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 8:37 PM

That TD throw by Baker was something.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 8:47 PM

Nice pick 6 for Mack-Wilson

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 9:26 PM

Seems like only yesterday we were all bitching about how bad the WR corps were. Now, I don't envy Dorsey having to choose who to cut. Same can be said with some defensive players.

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 8:28 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Nice pick 6 for Mack-Wilson

Calling my "hot taek" right now....before the season ends both Takitaki & Wilson will be the starters over Schobert & Kirksey and this won't be due to injury.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 10:26 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Calling my "hot taek" right now....before the season ends both Takitaki & Wilson will be the starters over Schobert & Kirksey and this won't be due to injury.

lol, I'll take that bet BR. Can't beleve you're shitting on a pro bowl lber, #9 rated LBer in the league according to PFF bc Mack Wilson had a good fucking preseason game.