Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 11:45 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

lol, I'll take that bet BR. Can't beleve you're shitting on a pro bowl lber, #9 rated LBer in the league according to PFF bc Mack Wilson had a good fucking preseason game.

No, I'm "shitting" on a LB that led the league in missed tackles (Schobert) and a JAG (Kirksey), Had nothing to do with the performance of Wilson in a preseason game. When Wilson was drafted I thought he'd supplant one of these guys. Thought he was a HUGE steal. Takitaki is a high motor guy who loves to make contact. Just think Dorsey upgraded the athleticism at the position quite a bit.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 2:24 PM

Calloway shows up out of shape, and not suspended 4 game for substance abuse policy. Clown.

O-Trap

Chief Shenanigans Officer

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 2:56 PM
posted by geeblock

This kid returned a kick for a Td last night. Amazing story 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hbNWOsWcuxY

Yep.  I don't care if you're a Browns fan or not, you can't not love his story.  I hope he makes the 53-man roster.  Dude has crazy wheels and ran a sub-4.4 after having not eaten regularly and without being in "playing shape."  Kid could be a burner.

As for the Duke Johnson trade, there was no point keeping him.  He's the poor man's Darren Sproles.  Good pass-catcher.  Could spot start here or there and do okay.  Not really enough talent to justify any significant playing time on a team with Hunt and Chubb, though.  And if he was a locker room problem, then the smart play is to get him out anyway.

The Texans are a better fit for him, and the Browns got good value in a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 2:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No, I'm "shitting" on a LB that led the league in missed tackles (Schobert) and a JAG (Kirksey), Had nothing to do with the performance of Wilson in a preseason game. When Wilson was drafted I thought he'd supplant one of these guys. Thought he was a HUGE steal. Takitaki is a high motor guy who loves to make contact. Just think Dorsey upgraded the athleticism at the position quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hK1wyrrAU&t=0m25s

O-Trap

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 3:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I guess you did say that was a hot take.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 3:39 PM

I saw the Callaway thing may just be the punishment finally coming from last years incident? If so, no big deal imo. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 3:42 PM
posted by Laley23

I saw the Callaway thing may just be the punishment finally coming from last years incident? If so, no big deal imo. 

Garafolo says it is a separate incident.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 4:18 PM
posted by iclfan2

Garafolo says it is a separate incident.

Well than he is in some trouble. Don’t want to be fucking up at a loaded position.

O-Trap

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 5:02 PM
posted by Laley23

Well than he is in some trouble. Don’t want to be fucking up at a loaded position.

I mean, this is kind of a trend though, right?  Seems like he's been in hot water about as frequently as Chris Henry or Pacman Jones used to be.

slingshot4ever

Mon, Aug 12, 2019 12:21 PM

Chad Thomas immoblized following an injury today.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Aug 12, 2019 3:33 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Chad Thomas immoblized following an injury today.

Hopefully it's just a stinger.

BR1986FB

Tue, Aug 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Sounds like Thomas is ok. Had movement in his extremities.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 11:30 AM

Hey BR!

Zach Hicks

@ZachHicks2

Some notes from the Browns defense yesterday that I didn’t share on here: Colts receivers and offense mostly had their way with them but they had a few standouts. Joe Schobert is incredible, damn good player. Genard Avery was unblockable. Myles Garrett is even better in person.

https://twitter.com/ZachHicks2/status/1161993283024891904?s=19

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 1:11 PM

"You've got to believe in it and take it one week at a time. Because I wouldn't say that everybody wants to beat us," he said. "I think in the media and everything that comes with the hype around our team right now, people want to see us lose, just because the hype is so real. But we've got to go out there and take it one week at a time. We're trying to win every week."

I was surprised Baker said this the other day. IMO, I never picked up on the desire to see the Browns lose. I think a lot of people are adopting them as their second favorite team. I'd rather see them deep in the AFC playoffs as opposed to the fucking Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens. But I guess that isn't saying much. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 2:04 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was surprised Baker said this the other day. IMO, I never picked up on the desire to see the Browns lose. I think a lot of people are adopting them as their second favorite team. I'd rather see them deep in the AFC playoffs as opposed to the fucking Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens. But I guess that isn't saying much. 

No...Baker is a very polarizing figure. People either love him or really hate him and want to see him, and this team, crash and burn. The Browns have gotten a TON of hype for a team that's really done nothing but lose since 1999. I think that's why a lot of people are pissed that they are getting all of this media darling love. They won't sneak up on anyone this year, like they did last. Teams will be gunning for them.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 3:32 PM

lol--you obviously don't know my SIL

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:06 PM

Getting a bit concerned with this right guard situation. Kush is a journeyman, Kalis (also journeyman) has a concussion, Corbett looks like a "swing and a miss" (see Chad Thomas also) by Dorsey and they are now trying rookie Drew Forbes and some other guy at the position. I like the addition of Vernon but Zeitler would look pretty damn good there right now.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 7:08 PM

Question becomes knowing what we know....who would you rather have on the roster?

Jabril and Kevin

Or

Olivier

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Are you f#cking kidding me? Josh Gordon touches weed while in Cleveland and gets 10 game suspensions. He violates the policy for the 50th time in New England and he gets reinstated? WTF?

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 11:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Are you f#cking kidding me? Josh Gordon touches weed while in Cleveland and gets 10 game suspensions. He violates the policy for the 50th time in New England and he gets reinstated? WTF?

I had honestly forgotten what was going on with him. It’s hard to keep track if he’s playing or suspended anymore. I wonder at what point this season he violates something again. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 5:43 PM

I had honestly forgotten what was going on with him. It’s hard to keep track if he’s playing or suspended anymore. I wonder at what point this season he violates something again. 

I really don't GAF about Gordon but what pisses me off is that, when the Browns could've used him, Goodell repeatedly dragged his feet on reinstatement, giving him extended suspensions (I know, CBA rules), and he violates the policy again, which should probably be some sort of lifetime ban, and Goodell says "you're good to go" now that he plays in NE? Looks like preferential treatment to me.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 6:08 PM

Get a new kicker, now

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 6:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

Get a new kicker, now

Our punter looks great.