Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 5:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

Dustin Fox said Ogbah could be the other player. Dorsey is usually pretty good on keeping things quiet though, so I’m skeptical.

I'm totally fine giving up on Ogbah. No thanks on Zeitler, I'd rather keep him. A guard wouldn't keep me from getting a top 3 player at his position though.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 6:19 PM

I’m cool with that trade. OBJ is a beast. 

Normally I’d say with Dorsey you wouldn’t know about it until it happens, but this is a trade—there’s two sides of a trade. And with it being NY, you know how the media gets a hold of everything there. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 8:26 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I'm totally fine giving up on Ogbah. No thanks on Zeitler, I'd rather keep him. A guard wouldn't keep me from getting a top 3 player at his position though.

I'd have no issue parting with those two players as long as the "picks" weren't something stupid like a 1st & 3rd. I doubt Dorsey would be that dumb to give up that much but it would set back his genius, in my eyes, if he got that fleeced.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 10:35 PM

At least OBJ is locked up. So any assets given up won’t be for a year, 2 tops. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 10:39 PM
posted by Laley23

At least OBJ is locked up. So any assets given up won’t be for a year, 2 tops. 

This is why I won’t be mad if we give up pick 17 for OBJ. 

If we went WR at 17, best case scenario we get an OBJ type WR. So actually getting OBJ would be fine since we’ll have him for 4 more seasons. 

(To clarify, I don’t want to give up pick 17 AND assets. Either assets and a 3rd day pick or 1st rounder and call it a day)

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:40 AM

Remember that time the Browns could've drafted OBJ (among other fucking good players) and they drafted Gilbert/Manziel instead?  Good times...

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:58 AM
posted by like_that

Remember that time the Browns could've drafted OBJ (among other fucking good players) and they drafted Gilbert/Manziel instead?  Good times...

Our good friend joe banner tweeted that, almost in a trolling way. He then took a ton of shit after that lol (like drafting mingo when Deandre Hopkins was on the board)

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:02 AM

Banner's a midget weasel....master of hindsight

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:04 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Our good friend joe banner tweeted that, almost in a trolling way. He then took a ton of shit after that lol (like drafting mingo when Deandre Hopkins was on the board)

lmao of course he did.  He loves to act like he had no part of the Browns front office cluster fuck the last 15+ years. 

Edit: With that being said, he does have a point.  Looking back at the first round of the 2014 draft, teams had higher odds to draft a pro bowl caliber player than not (17 pro bowlers).  The Browns struck out twice.  Hell, if you look at the first 15 picks, you had to go out of your way not to draft a pro bowl caliber player, which Farmer did smh.

Shit like this is why I don't want Dorsey trading away assets.  As I said before, we finally have a GM with a good track record of drafting.  I'd like to see what he can do. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:34 AM
posted by like_that

lmao of course he did.  He loves to act like he had no part of the Browns front office cluster fuck the last 15+ years. 

Edit: With that being said, he does have a point.  Looking back at the first round of the 2014 draft, teams had higher odds to draft a pro bowl caliber player than not (17 pro bowlers).  The Browns struck out twice.  Hell, if you look at the first 15 picks, you had to go out of your way not to draft a pro bowl caliber player, which Farmer did smh.

Shit like this is why I don't want Dorsey trading away assets.  As I said before, we finally have a GM with a good track record of drafting.  I'd like to see what he can do. 

And to add to that, it’s not like our picks were decent players just not pro bowl worthy. They were complete flops. I mean, Gilbert might have been the worst player I’ve ever seen who was drafted in round 1. Probably the worst pick in my browns lifetime.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:35 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

And to add to that, it’s not like our picks were decent players just not pro bowl worthy. They were complete flops. I mean, Gilbert might have been the worst player I’ve ever seen who was drafted in round 1. Probably the worst pick in my browns lifetime.  

It's easily the Browns worst draft since they came back in 1999.  My friend sold me on Farmer being the worst GM in Browns history, and that's saying a lot. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:42 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He was right up there with the "mad dog in a meat market" Mike Junkin as far as 1st round flops. That dude was BAD. He was the 5th pick in the 1987 draft and played 20 NFL games.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 9:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

He was right up there with the "mad dog in a meat market" Mike Junkin as far as 1st round flops. That dude was BAD. He was the 5th pick in the 1987 draft and played 20 NFL games.

Lol that’s terrible. Sweet nickname though. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 9:31 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol that’s terrible. Sweet nickname though. 

Yeah, it wasn't fitting, at all.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 11:38 AM

Browns get Olivier Vernon in exchange for Zeitler. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 11:49 AM

NOt sure about that one. Vernon has dealt with injuries and I don’t know why we’d want to send good players away from our O-line when we now have a franchise QB. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:05 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

NOt sure about that one. Vernon has dealt with injuries and I don’t know why we’d want to send good players away from our O-line when we now have a franchise QB. 

If they planning on replacing Zeitler with Corbett, I'm not thrilled. Again, back in the day, Kosar had a security blanket center in Mike Baab. The Browns drafted a C/G, Greg Rakoczy, he didn't play much as a rook, they let Baab walk, and Rakoczy sucked. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:11 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If they planning on replacing Zeitler with Corbett, I'm not thrilled. Again, back in the day, Kosar had a security blanket center in Mike Baab. The Browns drafted a C/G, Greg Rakoczy, he didn't play much as a rook, they let Baab walk, and Rakoczy sucked. 

Yeah, sounds like Dorsey wants his guy (Corbett) in there and didn’t feel good about the edge rushers available in free agency. 

Pretty big gamble if you ask me. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:31 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah, sounds like Dorsey wants his guy (Corbett) in there and didn’t feel good about the edge rushers available in free agency. 

Pretty big gamble if you ask me. 

Agreed. What concerns me is that the interior of the O-Line was solid from guard to guard. The biggest concerns were at both tackles. Now they're further weakening their area of strength.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 1:30 PM

We also moved up from 155 to 132. I know not huge, but I get the trade. The guy is a top 15 EDGE rusher and Zeitler only had 1 year left. Now if Corbett is a HUGE drop from Zeitler then we have a problem. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 4:02 PM

We also only placed an original round tender on Higgins, which is 5th round. I know we can match any team that offers that, but seems low.

Crimson streak

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 9:14 PM

Justin Houston was released. I’d love to add him on a 1 year deal. Imagine having a 3rd down pass rush of Houston, Vernon, Garrett, Obi, and Avery 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 9:25 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Justin Houston was released. I’d love to add him on a 1 year deal. Imagine having a 3rd down pass rush of Houston, Vernon, Garrett, Obi, and Avery 

Would cost $15M. That’s what he’s going to get offered. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 11:06 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Would cost $15M. That’s what he’s going to get offered. 

Where you reading that?