Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:11 AM

I would rather send a day 3 pick for Darron Lee. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:12 AM

Ken Carmen seems to think the browns are trying to get Stephen Gostkowski??

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:19 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I would rather send a day 3 pick for Darron Lee. 

Lee might get cut, but I'd also take him for a late pick to lock him in. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Ken Carmen seems to think the browns are trying to get Stephen Gostkowski??

This should actually be a priority. Maybe not Gostkowski but a reliable kicker.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:31 AM
posted by BR1986FB

This should actually be a priority. Maybe not Gostkowski but a reliable kicker.

100% agreed

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:08 AM

Ravens lose Ze’darius smith to the packers. What the hell are the rat birds doing?

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:10 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Ravens lose Ze’darius smith to the packers. What the hell are the rat birds doing?

Falling apart is what they're doing. Between them & Pittsburgh, I'm kinda loving life right now.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:11 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Falling apart is what they're doing. Between them & Pittsburgh, I'm kinda loving life right now.

Yeah, as a browns fan, I’m not complaining at all! 

That being said, and this is a complete guess, I think they’re doing this to make room for leveon Bell. 

Which would fucking suck. Looking forward to NOT seeing him twice a year

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:14 AM

Yeah, that would suck.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Don't know who this guy is but I lol'd...

Champ@Champ_Dawg9

Baker Mayfield has caused a mass exodus of opposing players in the AFC North.

6:27 PM - Mar 11, 2019

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:28 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I think it's a bit knee jerk to shit on these teams like they are about to die.  Ravens find a way to always compete.  Whenever they lose their guys to FA they just plug those holes back with comp picks.

As for the Steelers, I don't get where the cockiness is coming from with Browns fans right now.  Their oline is very strong, their defense is tough, they still have rapist, connor was very productive (not to mentioned raped the browns and is a pro bowler) behind their line, and they still have JuJu.  Losing AB and Bell is not going to hurt them as much as people think.  They were fine without Bell last year and losing AB might be an addition if he truly was that much of a cancer.

posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah, as a browns fan, I’m not complaining at all! 

That being said, and this is a complete guess, I think they’re doing this to make room for leveon Bell. 

Which would fucking suck. Looking forward to NOT seeing him twice a year

I doubt it, but if they want to throw the kitchen sink at Bell please do. They will regret that contract in a year or two.  Book it.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:34 AM
posted by like_that

I think it's a bit knee jerk to shit on these teams like they are about to die.  Ravens find a way to always compete.  Whenever they lose their guys to FA they just plug those holes back with comp picks.

As for the Steelers, I don't get where the cockiness is coming from with Browns fans right now.  Their oline is very strong, their defense is tough, they still have rapist, connor was very productive (not to mentioned raped the browns and is a pro bowler) behind their line, and they still have JuJu.  Losing AB and Bell is not going to hurt them as much as people think.  They were fine without Bell last year and losing AB might be an addition if he truly was that much of a cancer.

I don't think either team will exactly fall off a cliff but in the positions they are in, I fully expect the Browns to beat them both, which isn't something we've been able to say for many years. The gap between the Browns & Steelers was significant. Now it's not. In fact, many would say the Brown have the advantage. Part of the reasoning is that the Browns have the assets (cap money, draft picks, etc) where they can continue to make monumental leaps, where the Steelers can't. They have their core of players and may be able to plug in one or two but the Browns can reshape/upgrade certain parts of their team completely.

And I don't care what TheRapist's numbers were last year, he's already starting to show signs of decline. Not "Peyton Manning....I can suddenly no longer throw a 10 yard pass" decline but he's showing signs.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:45 AM

Ben led the league in INTs last year. He’s def on the decline. And losing Antonio brown is going to hurt them so much more than like that is wanting to believe. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:46 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Ben led the league in INTs last year. He’s def on the decline. And losing Antonio brown is going to hurt them so much more than like that is wanting to believe. 

Hopefully you're right, but I don't see this dramatic drop off that everyone is forecasting. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:55 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

If they get a significant replacement, sure, but it's easier said than done, finding a HOF WR to take double teams so your #2 goes for 1000+.It's the same thing with Ben, a lot of Steeler fans I know seem to think "ho hum, when Ben retires we'll just plug in another QB and keep dominating the division." They lucked into Roethlisberger in the first place because Butch Davis was a dumbass and took the Vaseline Kid, Kellen Winslow. Prior to that they struggled with guys like Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart & Tommy Maddox between Bradshaw & Roethlisberger.

We all saw what they looked like in week 17 without AB against a depleted Bengals team with Driskell at QB. That should've been a blowout and they struggled to put up points without AB. Sure, they will find someone to take his spot but they won't find someone to "replace" him.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:56 AM
posted by like_that

Hopefully you're right, but I don't see this dramatic drop off that everyone is forecasting. 

I don't think it will be extremely drastic but I think it will be enough for the Browns to pass both of them.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 10:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I don't think it will be extremely drastic but I think it will be enough for the Browns to pass both of them.

I want it to be extremely drastic lol. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 11:07 AM
posted by like_that

I want it to be extremely drastic lol. 

Me too. I think the Rats & Steelers could drop to around .500 and the Browns should vault above .500. A lot of this was predicated on what the Browns did in FA and the draft, especially defensively.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 12:23 PM

Man I hope the Browns go after Stephen Gostkowski. We'd be talking about Browns coming off of a playoff run if we had a kicker last season. Though we might actually stiull have Hue as well, soo [shrugs].

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 12:28 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Man I hope the Browns go after Stephen Gostkowski. We'd be talking about Browns coming off of a playoff run if we had a kicker last season. Though we might actually stiull have Hue as well, soo [shrugs].

They wouldn't have made the playoffs even if they had a kicker. Close games like Carolina & Denver that dumbass would've "Hue'd" them away.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 12:45 PM

Hicks signs a 4 year deal in Arizona. Kind of glad we avoided that. I don’t know if he can stay healthy. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 12:50 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Hicks signs a 4 year deal in Arizona. Kind of glad we avoided that. I don’t know if he can stay healthy. 

It will interesting to see what Dorsey does because the LB's that were considered the top (Mosley, Barr, Hicks, Alexander & Smith) are now all gone and, frankly, the Browns could use an upgrade at all three positions. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 2:47 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Well now....

Steve Doerschuk‏ @sdoerschukREP 21m21 minutes ago

Don't be surprised if Dorsey's real splash is Odell Beckham, and soon. At least, I won't be.

Field Yates@FieldYates

Via @JosinaAnderson on NFL LIVE: there is an AFC North team that as recently as today continues to inquire on Odell Beckham, Jr.'s availability and discussions have remained ongoing.

2:23 PM - Mar 12, 2019

Starting to see this lots of places now.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 2:58 PM
posted by Laley23

Starting to see this lots of places now.

The Giants moving on from OBJ makes a lot of sense. Gettleman has already made it known that they want to make Saquon Barkley the face of that franchise. Step 1, trade for Zeitler. Building up that O-Line for a ball control/ground & pound attack likely won't sit well with a diva-ish WR who wants his touches and has a crappy QB throwing him the ball.

Like you said, we're seeing more & more of this...

Jeremy Powell@JeremyinAkron

Wait. @NathanZegura just said he knows OBJ’s list and The Browns are on it

Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL

He knows what hes talking about

2:45 PM - Mar 12, 2019