Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

Crimson streak

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 11:13 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Would cost $15M. That’s what he’s going to get offered. 

I highly doubt that. If a team wanted to pay him 15 mill he would have gotten traded for a late pick. I think a 1 year 10 mill deal would  get it done 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 8:07 AM

Even if it did cost $15M, I wouldn't give a fuck if it's for 1 year. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 8:18 AM

I saw a few NFL reporters tweet that’s the amount it would take. Just because the chiefs didn’t want to pay that, doesn’t mean another team won’t. 

And I was going to say what like that just said. I’d love to get him for $15M as long as its for this season only (while we have the space). 

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 8:20 AM

Legal tampering starts today so we should start hearing some potential leaks of guys the Browns are going after. Couple of names I've heard they might kick the tires on are Jesse James from Pittsburgh and Malik Jackson (no surprise there).

Crimson streak

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:22 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Legal tampering starts today so we should start hearing some potential leaks of guys the Browns are going after. Couple of names I've heard they might kick the tires on are Jesse James from Pittsburgh and Malik Jackson (no surprise there).

Jesse James would be a very underrated TE2 signing. Definitely an upgrade over fells who was cut the other day 

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:44 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Jesse James from Pittsburgh 

Lol, when I first read this, I was thinking of Eric Decker who retired...

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:52 AM

With Njoku's inconsistencies, and the fact I'm pretty sure Dorsey called him out, James (if brought in) might fight for the TE1 slot.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 11:26 AM
posted by BR1986FB

With Njoku's inconsistencies, and the fact I'm pretty sure Dorsey called him out, James (if brought in) might fight for the TE1 slot.

Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on James.

Highly doubt we get Houston or Desean Jackson, names I've seen kicking around on twitter. Houston, we're not going to pay him after getting Vernon, Jackson is a fuckboy and wants to go to Philly.

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 1:54 PM

FWIW....from our old buddy Incarcerated Bob...

Updated NFL Rumors: Cleveland Browns showing interest in 
LB's Anthony Barr (Vikings) , C.J. Mosley (Ravens) 
WR's Tyrell Williams (Chargers) he's on top of list for Cleveland major competition is expected. 
DT Rodney Gunter has some connection with Browns staff

As a side note, I've previously seens all of these names linked to the Browns

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 1:59 PM
posted by BR1986FB

FWIW....from our old buddy Incarcerated Bob...

Updated NFL Rumors: Cleveland Browns showing interest in 
LB's Anthony Barr (Vikings) , C.J. Mosley (Ravens) 
WR's Tyrell Williams (Chargers) he's on top of list for Cleveland major competition is expected. 
DT Rodney Gunter has some connection with Browns staff

As a side note, I've previously seens all of these names linked to the Browns

Mosley rumored to be $15-$16m a yr. Hard Pass.

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 2:05 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Mosley rumored to be $15-$16m a yr. Hard Pass.

Agreed for a two down linebacker.

Was also expecting to see Donkey Kong Suh on that list but it sounds like he could be going to Minnesota

SportsAndLady

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 2:18 PM

I’d love to get tyrell Williams. Big receiver who’s capable of making big plays down the field, too. In any other year he’d be the third or fourth best wr on the market, but he’s probably the best available this year. 

I always tend to like FA signings where they were not “the man” on their team. He seems to be one where the chargers had so many weapons on offense that he kind of got lost there. I’d love to add him to give us a red zone target WR and someone who can stretch the defense. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 3:15 PM

Sounds like the Browns & Jets are fighting it out for CJ Mosley and, as COA said, asking price is $15m/year. Yuck.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:52 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Sounds like the Browns & Jets are fighting it out for CJ Mosley and, as COA said, asking price is $15m/year. Yuck.

Seeing anything else on OBR? I’ve seen some fans wanting Hicks, but haven’t seen if Browns do. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 10:35 PM
posted by iclfan2

Seeing anything else on OBR? I’ve seen some fans wanting Hicks, but haven’t seen if Browns do. 

No, OBR is literally useless anymore.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 7:21 AM

Mosley going to the jets for $17M/year.  That is pretty steep for an inside linebacker.  At least he is no longer on the Ravens.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 7:24 AM
posted by like_that

Mosley going to the jets for $17M/year.  That is pretty steep for an inside linebacker.  At least he is no longer on the Ravens.

The Jets have gone insane between Mosley & Anthony Barr. That's a ton of money to have tied up in LB's.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:01 AM

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

FollowFollow @AdamSchefter

Former Vikings’ DT Sheldon Richardson intends to sign a three-year deal with the Cleveland Browns when free agency opens Wednesday, a source tells ESPN. Cleveland’s opening-day front four now expected to be DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjobi, Richardson and DE Emmanuel Ogbah. (he meant Vernon, not Ogbah)

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:17 AM

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/1105146656415277058

Sign me up

With the Barr/Mosley signings, he gone....

They are supposedly talking to Bradley Roby. Wouldn't mind seeing them go after Roby & Jordan Hicks and call it a day. Vernon, Richardson, Roby & Hicks would be nice additions to that defense. I saw on FB where they supposedly signed a Bears O-Lineman to a 2 year deal but haven't been able to find it.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:51 AM

I like that Sheldon Richardson signing. We needed someone else to pair up with Ogunjobi on the inside of their D line and they got it. 

Plus, assuming none of these players are complete duds, our D Line is now STACKED 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

FollowFollow @AdamSchefter

Former Vikings’ DT Sheldon Richardson intends to sign a three-year deal with the Cleveland Browns when free agency opens Wednesday, a source tells ESPN. Cleveland’s opening-day front four now expected to be DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjobi, Richardson and DE Emmanuel Ogbah. (he meant Vernon, not Ogbah)

This signing is great. He is a disruptor in the middle and PFF grades him very well. Still waiting for them to grab a LB and possibly a cb.  And there are still rumors that the Giants could deal OBJ for the right offer. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:59 AM

No, OBR is literally useless anymore.

Yeah, Lane's really fallen off his game. I don't think any of those guys have any real connections in Berea anymore.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:01 AM
posted by iclfan2

This signing is great. He is a disruptor in the middle and PFF grades him very well. Still waiting for them to grab a LB and possibly a cb.  And there are still rumors that the Giants could deal OBJ for the right offer. 

Like I said, I'd take Hicks (LB-Eagles) and Bradley Roby and call it a day. They can get their WR in the draft but it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull the trigger on a TE at 17.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:10 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Like I said, I'd take Hicks (LB-Eagles) and Bradley Roby and call it a day. They can get their WR in the draft but it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull the trigger on a TE at 17.

Hicks is injured a lot. I like him, but I’d be nervous about his health.