Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 1:26 PM
posted by vball10set

I know I wear my Scarlet & Gray goggles a lot, but I sure would like to put Baker and Parris Campbell together in the same offense and see what kind of magic they'd make happen

17 seems too high for Parris and I doubt he falls to their 2nd round pick.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 1:57 PM
posted by BR1986FB

17 seems too high for Parris and I doubt he falls to their 2nd round pick.

one can dream, can't one? lol

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 2:06 PM
posted by vball10set

one can dream, can't one? lol

Hey, maybe they like him and trade back up?

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 4:05 PM

Browns need a WR, but not sure 17 is the best place for one. DK Metcalf and Campbell are the two that stick out to me as potentially great fits. Both could be there at 17, imo, but think better positions of need might be prioritized with the first pick. But I wouldn’t hate Browns doing some wheeling and dealing to get a top WR as well at some point in the draft.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 4:16 PM

I want a D lineman at 17. This draft is loaded with top talent at the D Line, go get an edge to pair with Myles or get a tackle to help Ogunjobi inside. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 4:44 PM
posted by Laley23

Browns need a WR, but not sure 17 is the best place for one. DK Metcalf and Campbell are the two that stick out to me as potentially great fits. Both could be there at 17, imo, but think better positions of need might be prioritized with the first pick. But I wouldn’t hate Browns doing some wheeling and dealing to get a top WR as well at some point in the draft.

Not a big fan of either. DK Metcalf god awful change of direction speed scare me. Metrically he lines up with Cordelle Patterson another 1st round pick. No thanks.

Campbell, I've watched every snap of his career. He's pretty good but we have more needs than a WR in the first.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 4:50 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I want a D lineman at 17. This draft is loaded with top talent at the D Line, go get an edge to pair with Myles or get a tackle to help Ogunjobi inside. 

posted by Commander of Awesome

He's pretty good but we have more needs than a WR in the first.

Agreed. Give me Dline, or even CB if one falls at 17. 

Some interesting names are going to be FA too.  CJ Mosley and Justin Houston I saw recently.  And supposedly Browns getting trade interest for Duke (not that I am advocating trading him). 

Also looks like BBC not tendered, and Collins won't be staying her on his current contract.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 5:49 PM

Right, that’s why I said I wouldn’t take one at 17. I’d prefer D-Line to anything, but CB wouldn’t be bad, depending on who dropped.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 5:58 PM

I also say go with dline.  I think there is a lot of depth at WR, and there is no reason to take one in the first round.  You can never have too many good dlinemen imo. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 6:23 PM

I hear a lot of national media people talk about how the browns D played well last year. They forced turnovers but overall they were not good, and need a ton of holes filled. I’d spend this entire draft on the D, with the exception of a pick or two on the OL  

Let baker elevate the offensive players around him. Get a good defense to support him. Much rather have a good D than a bunch of explosive playmakers but a bad D. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 8:25 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I hear a lot of national media people talk about how the browns D played well last year. They forced turnovers but overall they were not good, and need a ton of holes filled. I’d spend this entire draft on the D, with the exception of a pick or two on the OL  

Let baker elevate the offensive players around him. Get a good defense to support him. Much rather have a good D than a bunch of explosive playmakers but a bad D. 

Really only turned  the ball over the first 6 games or so by memory. After that, Myles and Ogjunbi startiong slowing down, CB depth was worse, Etc.. This D needs more depth, esp on dline.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 8:26 PM

Timmy Jerrigan and Mosley expected to hit the FA market. I'd be interested in both if price were right. If I were a gm, I'd bet another team values Mosley more than I would though. I am not paying him like a top LBer for sure.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 8:38 PM

Really only turned  the ball over the first 6 games or so by memory. After that, Myles and Ogjunbi startiong slowing down, CB depth was worse, Etc.. This D needs more depth, esp on dline.

Pretty sure the D was ranked like 30th too. Why I wasn’t sad to see Williams go. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 12:05 AM
posted by iclfan2

Pretty sure the D was ranked like 30th too. Why I wasn’t sad to see Williams go. 

Agreed he was a bum DC and it wasn't close.

This is so stupid:

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1102753330952990720

There seems to be a lot of Duke trade smoke, starting to think there is fire.

kizer permanente

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 6:06 AM

Agreed he was a bum DC and it wasn't close.

This is so stupid:

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1102753330952990720

There seems to be a lot of Duke trade smoke, starting to think there is fire.

I hope not. So much talent but we don't seem to care to use him.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 8:01 AM

Definitely want D-Line at 17. Would like an add in FA too. Also a LB.

Not overly concerned if they move Duke. They don't seem to know how to use him.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 8:04 AM

They started to use Duke a little better after Hue and Haley were fired.  They can't just bank on Hunt, but if they are given an offer they can't refuse for Duke...

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 8:25 AM
posted by like_that

They can't just bank on Hunt, but if they are given an offer they can't refuse for Duke...

This is my thing. Worst case, you can get a cheaper/rookie version of Duke late in the draft to buy time for Hunt to come back. If he doesn't you have your backup.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 9:24 AM

Wouldn’t bother me if we lose Duke. Chubb and Hunt should be fine. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 12:17 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Wouldn’t bother me if we lose Duke. Chubb and Hunt should be fine. 

Yeah it wouldn't kill us. But you hate losing guys with his talent. He should be used a lot more than we do. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 12:27 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Yeah it wouldn't kill us. But you hate losing guys with his talent. He should be used a lot more than we do. 

Talent doesn’t necessarily equate to production. We’ve been hearing “duke is so talented!” For years. And he’s never really produced all that much. Yes, the coaching staff takes some of that blame. But, still, it’s a production league and I won’t QQ losing someone who’s never really produced. Especially if we can get draft Capital in return. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 2:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Talent doesn’t necessarily equate to production. We’ve been hearing “duke is so talented!” For years. And he’s never really produced all that much. Yes, the coaching staff takes some of that blame. But, still, it’s a production league and I won’t QQ losing someone who’s never really produced. Especially if we can get draft Capital in return. 

I would say coaching staff takes about 99% of the blame. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 4:40 PM

On this I agree with you.

Under Hue/Hailey they couldn't figure out that Hyde was pulling a tractor tailor with every carry or that TT was a fucking bum with Baker sitting right there. Duke not getting used for the last 8 games is a bit of a scratcher, but beyond that it's 100% hue and hailey.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 5, 2019 4:53 PM

I wouldn't take it that far.  There are PLENTY of players that Browns fans have completely overvalued.  I am not saying Duke is that guy, but I have seen "player x is so talented" for so many players for the Browns, who ended up not doing shit regardless of coaching.