2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 10:50 AM
posted by Laley23

I honestly am not sure who can beat them, because their schedule is one of the easiest I have ever seen in this league. But they are not a good offense, at all. And we will see about the historic defense, because they’ve played probably the 5 worst teams in the NFL thus far. I’m not nearly as sold as some seem to be.

Their schedule is crazy bad. It gets a little tougher down the road but not soon. I don’t believe they’ve faced the 5 worst teams in the league. Pittsburgh is a bottom 10 team but I don’t believe they are bottom 5 at all.

queencitybuckeye

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 11:36 AM
posted by Laley23

I honestly am not sure who can beat them, because their schedule is one of the easiest I have ever seen in this league. But they are not a good offense, at all. And we will see about the historic defense, because they’ve played probably the 5 worst teams in the NFL thus far. I’m not nearly as sold as some seem to be.

Will accept this, but they are one case where I'll trust history over the eye test.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 11:56 AM
posted by Ironman92

Their schedule is crazy bad. It gets a little tougher down the road but not soon. I don’t believe they’ve faced the 5 worst teams in the league. Pittsburgh is a bottom 10 team but I don’t believe they are bottom 5 at all.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and thinking he meant five worst offensive teams (which may or may not actually be factual, but is closer to reality). Otherwise, he's ignoring how they haven't played Cincinnati and is considering a 4-1 team to be one of the worst five teams in the league, right there with the 4 teams who haven't won anything yet. But, other than Buffalo (who will look better than they are due to 2x with Miami and the Jets), they do have wins over three 0-win teams, a 1-4 team and a 2-4 team, so the schedule has been super-soft for them.

gut

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 2:30 PM
posted by wildcats20

Full disclosure...when I posted that he looked like shit. 

That offense gives him so many short, easy throws he could probably play until he's 50. 

Something about that scheme in NE really elevates the QB.   Cassell and Garapalo looked like franchise QB's in that offense.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 5:55 PM

Yeah, I meant 5 worst offenses. Bills are a really good team, but it’s the defense. Their offense has been putrid. Miami, NYJ, Washington need no explanation. Then it’s Pittsburgh (who was full strength when they played, I’ll give them that) and NYG. Neither is bottom 5, but neither is particularly great either.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 6:16 PM

They have the Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs coming up. Gonna get a lot tougher. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Oct 11, 2019 6:18 PM
posted by wildcats20

They have the Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs coming up. Gonna get a lot tougher. 

And Eagles. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 11:00 AM

Tampa Bay may have just played the worst half of football I’ve ever seen. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 11:39 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Tampa Bay may have just played the worst half of football I’ve ever seen. 

They're giving a great effort to out-do the horribleness of that first half in the second, though! 10-0 in 7 minutes with another Winston pick!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Prescott is taking so many shots already

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 5:39 PM

This is so comical. Honestly, just run out the backup at this point. No reason to keep letting Dak get crushed on every single pass play. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 5:51 PM

That was a crazy kick outdoors and off the emblem 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:11 PM

Jameis Winton threw for 400 yards!.....and 5 interceptions

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:21 PM

Sam Darnold looking like a QB.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:28 PM

And then that...

Poopy.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:42 PM

Can the Boys salvage not being the laughingstock this NFL weekend?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Dallas made it a game. Jets need to score here.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:00 PM
posted by Ironman92

Can the Boys salvage not being the laughingstock this NFL weekend?

Dolphins - Redskins game on line one.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:07 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Dolphins - Redskins game on line one.

I know what you are saying but they were both supposed to lose, one wanted it more.

The Jets had scored 39 points all season

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:12 PM
posted by Ironman92

I know what you are saying but they were both supposed to lose, one wanted it more.

The Jets had scored 39 points all season

Luke Falk.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:15 PM

Jets defense choking on applesauce right now.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:16 PM

I still think none of them are as bad as the Buccaneers. They false started three straight times on a punt.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:18 PM

Flag city. Jesus.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:18 PM

6 straight plays with a flag

Burn in hell refs

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Congrats’ Justin. Someday I’d like to enjoy my team winning a game. But I dream.