2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 3:41 PM
posted by Ironman92

It was mostly chest and obviously got him a bit under the chin. I don’t think he should be ejected. Watching live didn’t look like a penalty (refs must agree because they are calling everything)

I mean it definitely caught him in the chin. You don’t get knocked out getting hit in your chest. And it wasn’t a play where qb moved weird, it was pretty intentional. I dunno what even warrants n ejection, but it was definitely questionable. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:04 PM
posted by iclfan2

I mean it definitely caught him in the chin. You don’t get knocked out getting hit in your chest. And it wasn’t a play where qb moved weird, it was pretty intentional. I dunno what even warrants n ejection, but it was definitely questionable. 

Wait till you see what they just called personal foul on Steelers hit to Ravens QB. Would’ve been 3rd and 11. Got tackled on the thigh as he released.

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:12 PM

Justin Tucker's plant foot slipped a bit, but not enough for him to miss the 48 yarder to tie the game as time expired.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:18 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Justin Tucker's plant foot slipped a bit, but not enough for him to miss the 48 yarder to tie the game as time expired.

That’s how good he is. GOAT kicker

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

Wait till you see what they just called personal foul on Steelers hit to Ravens QB. Would’ve been 3rd and 11. Got tackled on the thigh as he released.

I didn’t see it but saw some uproar on twitter. Man Juju just blew the game. C’mon man. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Defenders index finger was on the ball when foot was OB, no matter.

Game decided. Walt Coleman’s crew is the worst. They’ve hosed both teams numerous times. Awful

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:32 PM

You won Carolina. You really didn’t want to, but you did. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:33 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

You won Carolina. You really didn’t want to, but you did. 

That was silly.

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:38 PM
posted by Ironman92

That’s how good he is. GOAT kicker

On the game winner, JT aimed a bit more left so that if he slipped again it would have a better chance to go thru, yet with his normal fade if he didn't slip, it would just fade inside the left upright!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:52 PM

How long can Cincy keep their franchise with the way fans are going at Brown? Many of the fans I know that regularly attend ....they are saying screw Brown and not going to games anymore. Crowd today was woeful 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:52 PM

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 5:00 PM

Rodgers picking apart Dallas along with running it right down their throat. Yay. 

BRF

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 6:23 PM
 posted by Ironman92

Stunning. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 7:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

Woof. I’d say I should be able to get an extremely cheap ticket when they play the Jets in December, but why would I torture myself watching these two train wrecks play each other?

Iliketurtles

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 7:56 PM

Fuck Brett Maher. A lot of other stuff wasn't good today but cant miss that kick.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 7:57 PM
posted by Iliketurtles

Fuck Brett Maher. A lot of other stuff wasn't good today but cant miss that kick.

We cut Dan Bailey for this fucking bum. He better not make it to next Sunday. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 8:10 PM

As soon as they blew the whistle and that kick went through the uprights, I told my girlfriend "he's gonna miss this re-kick." Seems like that happens so many times. Tough for Dallas. Still a long shot for them to recover an onside kick but you at least want to be in the position to do so.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 10:58 PM
posted by Ironman92

Crowd was listed at 45-46K. Everyone else in the NFL did at least 65K excluding the Chargers. People are sick of Mike Brown. It's how it's going to be from now on. I think there are way too many people in that picture as is. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 4:30 AM

I hate to admit this, but I was actually hoping Pittsburgh pulled that win off smh. NFL scheduling really did the Ravens some favors for the first half of the season. They get Cincy next. Meanwhile the browns toughest part of the schedule is front loaded and they get to play the niners coming off a bye and the Seahawks coming off a bye (on a short week).

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:38 AM
posted by iclfan2

That Gruden ain’t long for this world.

Correct. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:49 AM
posted by like_that

I hate to admit this, but I was actually hoping Pittsburgh pulled that win off smh. NFL scheduling really did the Ravens some favors for the first half of the season. They get Cincy next. Meanwhile the browns toughest part of the schedule is front loaded and they get to play the niners coming off a bye and the Seahawks coming off a bye (on a short week).

I wouldn't be too concerned. This division might be the worst in football. Browns should win this division. Baltimore has Cincy next but if you look at their schedule after that, they have a rough stretch.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 10:15 AM

That Bengals pic is a growing trend in a majority of professional, and even college live sporting events.  There are definitely exceptions to this rule, but attendance is declining.  I've had friends that have said OSU games are even declining drastically.  The way ticket prices are, I have zero sympathy, either.  

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 10:37 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

That Bengals pic is a growing trend in a majority of professional, and even college live sporting events.  There are definitely exceptions to this rule, but attendance is declining.  I've had friends that have said OSU games are even declining drastically.  The way ticket prices are, I have zero sympathy, either.  

Don't shoot the messenger here but I think a lot of that has to do with the current fan demographic.  A lot of the old guard are dying off and it seems like Millennials don't want to be confined to an event for that long. Plus the digital technology makes things easier for viewing.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 10:43 AM

Hopefully it forces their (team owner's) hands to make game day more affordable. Piss off with your $15 beer and $9 hot dogs.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 10:44 AM
posted by justincredible

Hopefully it forces their (team owner's) hands to make game day more affordable. Piss off with your $15 beer and $9 hot dogs.

As far as the Bengals go, and I can only speak as an outsider, I think their fans boycott games because of the owner.