2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:41 PM

1 play (play action not handing off to Lynch) and Lynch huffing and puffing on sideline and crouched down showing a pretty good belly. Looks 30 lbs heavier than what I remember

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

1 play (play action not handing off to Lynch) and Lynch huffing and puffing on sideline and crouched down showing a pretty good belly. Looks 30 lbs heavier than what I remember

If they got over 20, I think they win. Pats can’t score, and the way Tennessee plays, they are going to have like 3 less possessions than normal.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 9:14 PM
posted by Laley23

If they got over 20, I think they win. Pats can’t score, and the way Tennessee plays, they are going to have like 3 less possessions than normal.

Agree but also lol

thavoice

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 10:40 AM

I believe the Pats run is over, and the Titans win this one.   

WHat a crazy last two weeks.   I think it is a testament as to why the NFL is so great.   Week 16 had 4 teams with nothing to play for, all really wanting to lose, but go to OT's scoring 35 a piece!  Then the Phins.........beating TB12 when they needed to win!

MLB/NHL/NHL you have teams who actively tank from the franchise on down!

Big deal being made how the Pats never went to a SB without a bye week.   Well, there might be a little bit to it but in reality those years they were not in the top two they just were not nearly as good most times!

We will see a fresh SB matchup, no doubt about that.  Dont know who, but it will be teams we havent seen there in awhile

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 4:16 PM

I’m still picking the Pats

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 4:17 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m still picking the Pats

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 4:24 PM

New England 26

Tennessee 21

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 5:24 PM

I thought you meant super bowl. I agree the Pats probably win this week. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 11:02 PM
posted by justincredible

I thought you meant super bowl. I agree the Pats probably win this week. 

Nah...I’m boringly taking the Ravens with their MVP and GOAT kicker

thavoice

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 9:30 AM
posted by Ironman92

Nah...I’m boringly taking the Ravens with their MVP and GOAT kicker

For some reason, I envision this future for the Ravens.

They have a Gary Anderson with the Vikings-esque season where he is UNREAL in the regular season but misses a makeable FG in the playoffs to cost them the season.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 12:11 PM
posted by thavoice

For some reason, I envision this future for the Ravens.

They have a Gary Anderson with the Vikings-esque season where he is UNREAL in the regular season but misses a makeable FG in the playoffs to cost them the season.

Gary Anderson was great on turf in a dome, Tucker is special

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 12:19 PM

Season total +/- on points

10-6 Texans -8

11-5 Seattle +7

5-11 Chargers -7

BR1986FB

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 1:07 PM
posted by thavoice

I believe the Pats run is over, and the Titans win this one.   

WHat a crazy last two weeks.   I think it is a testament as to why the NFL is so great.   Week 16 had 4 teams with nothing to play for, all really wanting to lose, but go to OT's scoring 35 a piece!  Then the Phins.........beating TB12 when they needed to win!

MLB/NHL/NHL you have teams who actively tank from the franchise on down!

Big deal being made how the Pats never went to a SB without a bye week.   Well, there might be a little bit to it but in reality those years they were not in the top two they just were not nearly as good most times!

We will see a fresh SB matchup, no doubt about that.  Dont know who, but it will be teams we havent seen there in awhile

I agree with this and will do you one better....not only Titans over Pats but Bills over Texans.

thavoice

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 1:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I agree with this and will do you one better....not only Titans over Pats but Bills over Texans.

I could see that as well.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 2:44 PM

Bills haven’t won a playoff since...96? Texans a bad playoff history to say the least 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 3:34 PM

Dan Snyder opened his press conference today by saying “Happy Thanksgiving everybody”. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 3:36 PM
posted by wildcats20

Dan Snyder opened his press conference today by saying “Happy Thanksgiving everybody”. 

And that's still the least stupid thing he's done as Washington owner over the last decade!

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 3:51 PM
posted by wildcats20

On purpose? Lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 7:21 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 9:54 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t really know the older guys. But:

• Polamalu
  • Edge
  • Holt
  • Thomas
  • Lynch

Wayne, Hutchinson just miss.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 10:26 PM
posted by Laley23

• Polamalu
  • Edge
  • Holt
  • Thomas
  • Lynch

Baseball is way easier so I researched each of them a bit to make sure what I thought was close.

Polamalu and Zach Thomas get it pretty easily with their big # of 1st team all Pro, Polamalu DPOY in 2010 and 2x SB Champ

One I thought was Fanaca and his numbers 6x 1st team All-Pro beat everyone on the list and a SB Champ....he’s in

Tony Boselli, I thought he was one but his career didn’t quite live up to what I thought...he’s short

One I just checked to be cordial...Richard Seymour....after researching I think he’s in.

WR is a tough position to make it. I think they all fall just short. Holt best chance.

Hutch close but no

I think Lynch falls JUST short....he’s super close either way IMO

Edge falls short IMO

Atwater was one of my favorites growing up but he’s not quite there

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jan 3, 2020 6:16 AM
posted by Laley23

• Polamalu
  • Edge
  • Holt
  • Thomas
  • Lynch

Holt getting in over Wayne would be ridiculous.  Also, can we stop including Art Modell in the semifinalist group already?  It's a complete joke he would ever be mentioned in any HOF outside the scumbag POS HOF.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jan 3, 2020 7:56 AM

Edge James? Seriously?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 13, 2020 12:39 PM

I don’t think I’d pick Antonio Brown for Fantasy next year. Just a hunch.

thavoice

Mon, Jan 13, 2020 12:46 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t think I’d pick Antonio Brown for Fantasy next year. Just a hunch.

Had to look up his latest incident......

The question i have is......who's gummies were they?  If they were his then well............ha!