2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

gut

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 4:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dude needs a family....

He gots 5 kids with two different women!!!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 4:45 PM

Dude's on a pace to make the 2020 Dead Pool thread as self-destructive as he's gotten. Seems every time he hits a new low, he finds a way to lower that bar a bit farther.

gut

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 5:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Dude's on a pace to make the 2020 Dead Pool ...

He'll donate his brain to science....right before he shoots himself in the head.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 5:15 PM
posted by Heretic

Dude's on a pace to make the 2020 Dead Pool thread as self-destructive as he's gotten. Seems every time he hits a new low, he finds a way to lower that bar a bit farther.

My exact thought

gut

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 5:31 PM

May not play in the NFL again....but he appears to be very well qualified to be POTUS.

Oh wait, he won't be able to run until 2024.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 5:32 PM
posted by gut

May not play in the NFL again....but he appears to be very well qualified to be POTUS.

Oh wait, he won't be able to run until 2024.

In before he claims the system is racist because he has to wait until 2024 to be able to run.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 1:20 PM

Odd, but a couple plays on that long Bengals drive....looked like the Pats are tanking 

gut

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 1:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

Odd, but a couple plays on that long Bengals drive....looked like the Pats are tanking 

Well, either that or NE was confused because they never got their tapes....

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 2:33 PM
posted by gut

Well, either that or NE was confused because they never got their tapes....

I don’t think their tapes tell them to tackle

gut

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 3:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t think their tapes tell them to tackle

LOL, looks like Ernie Adams was able to use halftime to decode the film they taped in the first two quarters

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 4:44 PM

Dak and Walt Anderson 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dallas won the kickoff and Anderson asked Dak his choice and he said “we’ll kick off”.....was asked 2x and same answer 

So Dallas has to kickoff and then Rams get to received the ball to start 2nd half 

the word “defer” got Dak

gut

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 5:02 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dallas won the kickoff and Anderson asked Dak his choice and he said “we’ll kick off”.....was asked 2x and same answer

LOL.  Wow.  It's so rare to kick-off in the first place (even if the other side has already deferred).

Garrett must have told him to kick-off if LA deferred.  Don't understand why, with DAL offense, you'd choose to kick-off.  Not like the Rams are offensively challenged, either.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 6:46 PM

Each half someone gets to choose. If you win the toss, you can choose what to do to start game or defer to the second half and decide then. If you win the toss, you either have to defer or receive -- otherwise, you're gonna be kicking off twice.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 6:59 PM
posted by Laley23

Each half someone gets to choose. If you win the toss, you can choose what to do to start game or defer to the second half and decide then. If you win the toss, you either have to defer or receive -- otherwise, you're gonna be kicking off twice.

It’s not hard...I get it, but it’s unnecessarily confusing.

gut

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 7:06 PM
posted by Ironman92

It’s not hard...I get it, but it’s unnecessarily confusing.

The only time I've seen someone choose to kick-off is to either set the tone with defense, or because both offenses suck and they're hoping for a short field.

Maybe that was their call.  Just doesn't seem like either scenario would apply to DAL.

gut

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 7:15 PM

So DAL actually did receive the kick-off in the 2nd half.  Apparently Dax first said they'd kick, but then said defer.  Replay audio determined he chose to defer.

What would they do if that happened in a SB?  He said they wanted to kick-off.  They kicked-off.  It wasn't rectified until halftime.  I'd be like "hell no they didn't defer and that's not what you ruled".

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Steelers punter is about 1 more dumb fuck happening from being released

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 15, 2019 10:51 PM

Bills a little better than the Steelers

Neither enough offense to win in playoffs unless about +3 turnovers margin

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 4:18 AM
posted by gut

So DAL actually did receive the kick-off in the 2nd half.  Apparently Dax first said they'd kick, but then said defer.  Replay audio determined he chose to defer.

What would they do if that happened in a SB?  He said they wanted to kick-off.  They kicked-off.  It wasn't rectified until halftime.  I'd be like "hell no they didn't defer and that's not what you ruled".

The league office stepped in and made it “right” after getting the audio/replay from FOX. Dak said defer after completely fumbling his word multiple times. I guess they didn’t let either team know until they were back on the field after halftime. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 8:26 AM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Ben probably shoots up to 350lbs after retirement.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 10:08 AM
posted by justincredible

Ben probably shoots up to 350lbs after retirement.

So you think he’ll gain 8 more pounds?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 10:32 AM

More or less.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 10:47 AM
posted by Ironman92

Bills a little better than the Steelers

Neither enough offense to win in playoffs unless about +3 turnovers margin

Pretty much. Duck came back down to earth and had way too many TOs last night, with a couple of them coming in areas where they needed to get points. Blah, ugly game with a blah, ugly result.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 10:58 AM