Mon, Dec 16, 2019 10:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

28/29 309 yards 4 TD 0 INT

He’s 40 and too short also

541 career TDs. Pedestrian. 

BRF

Wed, Dec 18, 2019 6:33 PM
posted by Laley23

I just learned that this is Robert Redford a few days ago and my mind is still fucked because of it.

I just found this on Snopes:

”Many internet users assumed that the nodding guy pictured in this meme was actor Zach Galifianakis. This assumption is likely based on two factors. First of all, the bearded Galifianakis does bear a resemblance to the person pictured in the meme.” And second is that most people who use the meme weren’t around to be fans of a movie made in the 1970’s. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 18, 2019 7:28 PM
posted by BRF

I just found this on Snopes:

”Many internet users assumed that the nodding guy pictured in this meme was actor Zach Galifianakis. This assumption is likely based on two factors. First of all, the bearded Galifianakis does bear a resemblance to the person pictured in the meme.” And second is that most people who use the meme weren’t around to be fans of a movie made in the 1970’s. 

lol. I love Redford and have seen most of his movies. Just not that one, apparently. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 21, 2019 3:35 PM

In the battle for the crappy AFC #6 seed it looks very likely that the teams they will be facing the final week will be playin for nothing and locked into their postseason seeds

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:23 PM

Steelers need to lose to keep everything interesting. First Jets TD was incredible but he never got anything down except one foot and CBS of course never shows a slow replay.

So Jets will be gangbusters and the only team that will look better will be the Titans who will knock off the Saints because I’m sure the Saints don’t want a shot at home field.

It’s going to piss me off but the Titans are a more competitive 6 seed than the Steelers would be. Just sucks because the opportunity is there.

gut

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

It’s going to piss me off but the Titans are a more competitive 6 seed than the Steelers would be. Just sucks because the opportunity is there.

It's going to piss me off when Tomlin isn't fired, but gaining Minkah and losing Ben saved his job.

People were talking about him as COTY.   LOL, this is a 6-win team in a normal year.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:47 PM
posted by gut

It's going to piss me off when Tomlin isn't fired, but gaining Minkah and losing Ben saved his job.

People were talking about him as COTY.   LOL, this is a 6-win team in a normal year.

I don’t think he should be fired at all. Receivers can’t get any clearance, line not as good since Munchak left. Team isn’t very good outside of 3-4 defensive players and a chance to be a shitty 6 seed. Tomlin’s not a great great coach but he hasn’t been the problem IMO

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Time to bench Duck for Rudolph. It may not work but Duck 6 interceptions last 5 quarters

gut

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Well, I guess it's time for Mason Rudolph, part 2.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:51 PM

Duck has been benched. Rudolph gets another chance.

Like the Reds switching Drew Stubbs and Chris Heisey....pretty moot and sub par either way

gut

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 1:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t think he should be fired at all. Receivers can’t get any clearance, line not as good since Munchak left. Team isn’t very good outside of 3-4 defensive players and a chance to be a shitty 6 seed. Tomlin’s not a great great coach but he hasn’t been the problem IMO

Receivers have been open.  A few weeks ago someone posted advanced stats that they were 5th in separation.  Tomlin is still too stupid to realize that an overly conservative gameplan actually makes it tougher on your young QB's.

This is what Tomlin has always been - mediocre coach.  People got fooled by a weak schedule.  He should have been McCarthy'd last year.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 3:40 PM

Shit, they need a touchdown now and they've gotten their quota of offensive scores for the day, so they're fucked...

BRF

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 3:59 PM

Congrats to the Jets. 

gut

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Mediocre coach.  Mediocre team.  Mediocre schedule.  8-8 sounds about right.

Without Minkah, they might have only won 3-4 games.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 4:20 PM

Congrats Justin 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 4:30 PM
posted by gut

Receivers have been open.  A few weeks ago someone posted advanced stats that they were 5th in separation.  Tomlin is still too stupid to realize that an overly conservative gameplan actually makes it tougher on your young QB's.

This is what Tomlin has always been - mediocre coach.  People got fooled by a weak schedule.  He should have been McCarthy'd last year.

Hard to have a weak schedule when you have 5 games vs teams with 12+ wins...and Buffalo likely gets 11

It’s whatever. Crazy if you think we have good receivers that are open. No QB and not  great blocking.

But yeah Fitzpatrick def gave them 3-4 more wins. Let’s see that metric.

The NFL isn’t very good, considering that their schedule 8-8 was beyond my expectations considering they just aren’t good.

gut

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 4:40 PM
posted by Ironman92

Hard to have a weak schedule when you have 5 games vs teams with 12+ wins...and Buffalo likely gets 11

Go watch the all-22 sometime.  Nextgen stats had Steelers receivers rated 5th for separation a few weeks ago.  That's the actual facts - not sure what game you're watching.  Go back and watch Duck's 2nd interception - he has a guy come wide open in the middle of the field but throws into triple coverage on the sideline (NYJ did their homework - the prior week I don't think he even attempted a single pass over the middle)

Assuming ARI beats LA next week, they will be 8-2 against teams that don't have a winning record.  And that's mostly thanks to Minkah and leading the league in turnovers, along with the ball usually bouncing their way.

Maybe they get a 9th win against BAL second string.  Tomlin continues to be the most over-rated HC in the league.  He hasn't done shit without Cowher's players and coaches.

Their defense was a dumpster fire before they got Minkah.  Do you really think without Minkah and one of the worst offenses in the league that they win more than 3-4 games?  Or are you acknowledging they got to face a bunch of really bad teams and QB's?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 6:53 PM

No Minkah single handedly won 4-5 games and our receivers are great. Strong play at QB too. Belichick would’ve won 12+ with this team

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 7:55 PM

I've posed this on here before and asked other people but I don't know what the Steelers do at QB next season? Neither of these jokers on the roster right now are the answer and Ben might not be back right away and is trending down anyways. I think trading for Minkah was good on the reasoning of he's better than anyone they would have drafted in that spot but it won't matter without a QB. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 8:05 PM
posted by BRF

Congrats to the Jets. 

posted by Ironman92

Congrats Justin 

In a lost season, it's nice the Jets were able to at least play spoiler for someone.