2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 1:48 PM
posted by justincredible

This sounds reasonable.

I agree, although I'd be willing to go even farther and say that getting a pass into the playoffs via winning your division should be the ONLY reward you need for doing so and the playoffs should be seeded on actual performance. But the "2+" works, too, as the only time anyone really notices a weak-ass champion hosting a wild card team is when the champ is an 8-8 team that got in because they were the least shitty team in their shitty division and the wild card team has 11+ wins, but was in a division with team that had a great season.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 1:51 PM

I think a 10-6 division winner hosting a 11-5 wild card is okay. But I wouldn’t be upset if the wild card got to host in that situation. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 3:31 PM

2x a team below .500 has won since 2010....both teams hosted and won...a lot due to being at home.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 4:40 PM
posted by Ironman92

2x a team below .500 has won since 2010....both teams hosted and won...a lot due to being at home.

Did the 7-9 Seahawks beat someone at home? I can't remember the other 7-9 team.

But yeah, a 7-9 team should not be getting an advantage over anyone. What about a rule that a 8-8 team or worse cannot host? So, win your division at 9-7 and you get a home game regardless of the WC teams. Win your division at 8-8 or worse and you're on the road.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 5:13 PM
posted by justincredible

Did the 7-9 Seahawks beat someone at home? I can't remember the other 7-9 team.

But yeah, a 7-9 team should not be getting an advantage over anyone. What about a rule that a 8-8 team or worse cannot host? So, win your division at 9-7 and you get a home game regardless of the WC teams. Win your division at 8-8 or worse and you're on the road.

7-9 Seahawks beat the defending champ Saints

The 7-8-1 Panthers beat....not sure I remember 🤷🏻‍♂️

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 5:32 PM

Ok, I vaguely remember the Panthers winning that year now.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 6:49 PM

Up 10....8:30 left on own 35 and 4th and 6

Why the fucking fuck did Tomlin call a fake?????????

Nothing is easy. Looked to be in good hands, now Zona will score in 1 minute and we’ll go from there.

That looked bought off dumb. Maybe a missed signal?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 6:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

Up 10....8:30 left on own 35 and 4th and 6

Why the fucking fuck did Tomlin call a fake?????????

Nothing is easy. Looked to be in good hands, now Zona will score in 1 minute and we’ll go from there.

That looked bought off dumb. Maybe a missed signal?

100% nailed it

I’d cut the punter if they lose with no question

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 6:59 PM

Seriously....clock left is at least what punter wasted. He better be praying

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:06 PM

Tomlin gives them 30 seconds

So Zona will have 1:40 to get a TD against a tired defense.

Punter cost them 40 or so yards. He punts and this game is either over or less than 20 seconds.

WTF?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

Tomlin gives them 30 seconds

So Zona will have 1:40 to get a TD against a tired defense.

Punter cost them 40 or so yards. He punts and this game is either over or less than 20 seconds.

WTF?

Two straight sacks says they might not be that tired!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:11 PM

Lucky stupid fucking punter 

Thank You Diontae Johnson for making plays all day

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:16 PM

And another QB pressure setting up another Haden pick to end this shit. Another week, another win and still in the playoff hunt, which is far more than I expected after their shitty start and Ben going down for the year. No complaints from me as long as they keep doing what needs done to squeak out games.

bigdaddy2003

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:53 PM

Tomlin is the coach of the year. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 7:54 PM

Playoff race for that #6

Steelers, Titans, Browns, Colts, Raiders

Basically Cleveland, Indy, Raiders need for Jets to beat Steelers and Texans to take care of suddenly formidable Tennessee. Steelers bearing Bills could make it messier.

Browns besting Ravens again would be the wrench to make everything more interesting too.

......week 17, Ravens will likely have clinched  home field. I don’t think they’ll rest Lamar vs Pittsburgh but he may only play a half. If Pats lose next week (unlikely) Ravens could be licked in #1 for Browns game but no way they want Browns in playoffs with two wins Over Ravens.

Tennessee May just keep rolling and say hell with it and leave everyone out. Tannehill has been good and Derick Henry great. They are rolling.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 8:20 PM

Browns to get in:

*Beat Zona and Bengals 
* Raiders lose 1 game (@Den, @SD, vs Jags)

*Colts lose 1 game (@NO, Car, Jags)

*Broncos lose 1 game (vs Raiders@KC, Det)

*Titans lose to (Hou x2 and Saints)

*Steelers lose to Bills, @Jets, Ravens

OR

BEAT Baltimore and knock 1 win or loss off everything mentioned except Tennessee

My guess:

Steelers 9-7

Titans 9-7

Browns 8-8

Colts 7-9

Raiders 7-9

Broncos 7-9

gut

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 8:58 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

Tomlin is the coach of the year. 

LOL, no.

Reminds me of the Bears a few years ago that rode an opportunistic defense and some ST plays to a surprising record against an easy schedule.  Got trounced in the playoffs, and back to sucking the following year when the turnovers disappeared.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Tomlin isn’t the coach of the year but will get consideration.

I think he’s done a good job of trusting the next guy up, benching Rudolph and keeping players believing. This might be the perfect type situation/team for him to show his worth. Overall I can’t knock him much this season considering.

bigdaddy2003

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 9:26 PM
posted by gut

LOL, no.

Reminds me of the Bears a few years ago that rode an opportunistic defense and some ST plays to a surprising record against an easy schedule.  Got trounced in the playoffs, and back to sucking the following year when the turnovers disappeared.

Who is then? 

He has junk taking the field on offense and has a 2 game lead on a team with twice the offensive talent. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 9:43 PM

When is COTY announced? I'd like to see how things play out with the Titans, but they need to make the playoffs if Vrabel would get any consideration, IMO. But I'd put Harbaugh and Shanahan ahead of him (and Tomlin) safely for now. 

gut

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 10:04 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

Who is then?

Harbaugh.  Or Payton.  Or McDermott.

bigdaddy2003

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 10:17 PM
posted by gut

Harbaugh.  Or Payton.  Or McDermott.

Fair enough. I just think he is doing well considering he is rolling out junk on offense. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 10:21 PM

Jason Garrett maybe?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 10:43 PM

Yeah, I'd go with Harbaugh and Shanahan as the front-runners right now. I could see Tomlin getting a serious look IF they'd finish 11-5, since that'd include wins down the stretch over Harbaugh and McDermott (another guy I'd see in front of him now). I highly doubt being 2 games up on Cleveland would mean anything like BigDaddy said, since that's more an indictment of them than anything else.

Al Bundy

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 11:29 PM
posted by Ironman92

Browns to get in:

*Beat Zona and Bengals 
* Raiders lose 1 game (@Den, @SD, vs Jags)

*Colts lose 1 game (@NO, Car, Jags)

*Broncos lose 1 game (vs Raiders@KC, Det)

*Titans lose to (Hou x2 and Saints)

*Steelers lose to Bills, @Jets, Ravens

OR

BEAT Baltimore and knock 1 win or loss off everything mentioned except Tennessee

My guess:

Steelers 9-7

Titans 9-7

Browns 8-8

Colts 7-9

Raiders 7-9

Broncos 7-9

It is interesting that that Titans and Texans still have to play twice. With them both at 8-5, that could be either of them in the wildcard spot.