2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 9:55 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Fins are a semi-pro team right now.

Remember your clunker statement?.....I’m standing by mine. I’ve went back through 1994-present and the Steelers have zero comfortable wins vs the Dolphins in the regular season. They are worse vs the Jaguars and bad vs the Raiders. Steelers might win as we think they should but history says otherwise.

I’ll gladly be wrong

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 10:04 AM
posted by Ironman92

Remember your clunker statement?.....I’m standing by mine. I’ve went back through 1994-present and the Steelers have zero comfortable wins vs the Dolphins in the regular season. They are worse vs the Jaguars and bad vs the Raiders. Steelers might win as we think they should but history says otherwise.

I’ll gladly be wrong

I'm not going to argue with you as I've seen Pittsburgh piss down their legs against the Raiders in several "WTF moments." I just think Miami is historically bad. Worse than the 0-16 Browns & Lions. Those teams at least were trying. I don't get that sense from Miami.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 12:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not going to argue with you as I've seen Pittsburgh piss down their legs against the Raiders in several "WTF moments." I just think Miami is historically bad. Worse than the 0-16 Browns & Lions. Those teams at least were trying. I don't get that sense from Miami.

And the Steelers aren’t nearly as good as usual to go with that. You expect the Patriots to not be as good vs the Browns and I expect the Steelers to not be at their level vs the Dolphins...neither of us know. I think the Browns will be very ready for the game and play them better because of that.

I still think Brady and Belichick are going for something real special this season

BRF

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 1:36 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I just think Miami is historically bad. Worse than the 0-16 Browns & Lions. 

Wow......that is really really bad. 

thavoice

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 4:00 PM
posted by Ironman92

Steelers never play well vs Dolphins/Jags/Raiders

But it is on Monday Night.  The Steelers play very well on Sunday and Monday nights have a very good record.

Will likely be there for that Monday night game, what a snoozefest it will be.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 9:56 PM

Haskins in for the Redskins

BR1986FB

Fri, Oct 25, 2019 9:01 AM

Damn, Sam Darnold has been Bad Luck Brian, so far, this year. First the mono, then "ghosts" then I guess he had to have a toenail ripped off yesterday. Never had that (knock wood) but the thought of it makes me cringe.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Oct 25, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Damn, Sam Darnold has been Bad Luck Brian, so far, this year. First the mono, then "ghosts" then I guess he had to have a toenail ripped off yesterday. Never had that (knock wood) but the thought of it makes me cringe.

I cursed him with my damn avatar.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Oct 25, 2019 10:06 AM

Jalen Ramsey has a kid with Golden Tate's little sister, and she's pregnant with another. He left her for a Vegas dancer and Golden is not pleased. I always thought Ramsey was gay, so I was surprised to hear about this drama.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 11:58 AM

So, Justin, let me know if I'm missing any important details that would change how shitty this looks to me on the part of the Jets franchise.

1. Player has fucked up labrum and wants surgery, as he is of the opinion there's too much pain to continue playing through.

2. Team, which is 1-5 and coming off a humiliating kind of loss, takes the "nah, you play through that shit with a lot of pills and stuff LIKE A MAN!!" attitude, regardless of what the extra non-Jet-staff medical opinions the player received said.

3. Player gets surgery anyway.

4. Team releases him because apparently playing games for a team that's going nowhere is more important than making sure a player's arm stays attached to his body.

Is there something I'm missing where the player was overstating things and obviously just trying to get out of playing because the season's going poorly (ie: if they were 5-1 instead of 1-5, he'd be out there for sure)? Because as I've read things, it looks like the sort of moronic self-sabotage that really makes a team look a clown organization to impending free agents.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 1:20 PM

It irritates me that when announcers are speaking of Cooper Krupp, they say his first and last name 9 out of 10 times. Not necessary

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 2:10 PM

And Kupp has 165 receiving yards and still not halftime 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 2:48 PM

12 min left in the 3rd

7 rec 220 yards TD

bigdaddy2003

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 8:50 PM

JJ Watt is out for the rest of the season.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 9:26 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

JJ Watt is out for the rest of the season.

Damn

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 11:08 PM

Looks like a shoot-out in KC, more points scored in the 4th qtr than any other qtr and there is still more than half of the 4th qtr left.

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 11:21 PM

Packers trying to run out the clock.  Jones should have gone down after 9.5 yd gain on first down rather than going for 10.5 and a first down.  I'm waiting for the first coach to challenge that his player was short of the first down rather than achieving the line to gain!

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 11:29 PM

Lol they really debated calling a pushing foul on Jimmy Graham there. 

cat_lover

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 8:49 PM

Dolphins lead the Steelers 14-0 in the 1st Quarter.

YOWIE WOWIE!!

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 8:52 PM
posted by cat_lover

Dolphins lead the Steelers 14-0 in the 1st Quarter.

YOWIE WOWIE!!

Give it time. Miami will wake up and say "oh shit, we're gonna miss out on Tua" and come back down to Earth. I will say that, so far, Rudolph looks like a shit sandwich for Pittsburgh.

Also love how ESPN still has Pittsburgh with a 55% win probability after spotting the Fins 14.

cat_lover

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 8:54 PM

FITZMAGIC BABEE!!

I believe

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 8:55 PM

Is ironman okay

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 9:25 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is ironman okay

Why? Go back a bit and I called this. Steelers, not 1 single time have played well vs the Dolphins in the regular season in the last 25 years. Same with Raiders and even worse vs Jags.

Records never matter.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 9:42 PM

And this is where Miami starts to lay down...3rd & 20 and give up a 45 yard TD? LOL