2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 9:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And this is where Miami starts to lay down...3rd & 20 and give up a 45 yard TD? LOL

Booger is perplexed by the playcall. They don’t want to win the game Booger. Not that complicated.

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:15 PM

Good play call strategy by Miami on 3rd and 10 after the 54yd FG miss by Pitt.  Go long and hope to get lucky, if they pick it, tackle immediately(which they did inside the 5 yd line), or punt on 4th if incomplete.  Works out like 54 yd punt with no return!

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:56 PM

A win would actually benefit Miami, given they own Pittsburgh's pick. I assume Cincy will win a game or 2.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 11:01 PM
posted by Laley23

A win would actually benefit Miami, given they own Pittsburgh's pick. I assume Cincy will win a game or 2.

I'm honestly not sure. 

Gardens35

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 11:03 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Booger is perplexed by the playcall. They don’t want to win the game Booger. Not that complicated.

Obvious. They had the correct D in, then used a TO to go with the blitz/man package.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by Heretic

So, Justin, let me know if I'm missing any important details that would change how shitty this looks to me on the part of the Jets franchise.

1. Player has fucked up labrum and wants surgery, as he is of the opinion there's too much pain to continue playing through.

2. Team, which is 1-5 and coming off a humiliating kind of loss, takes the "nah, you play through that shit with a lot of pills and stuff LIKE A MAN!!" attitude, regardless of what the extra non-Jet-staff medical opinions the player received said.

3. Player gets surgery anyway.

4. Team releases him because apparently playing games for a team that's going nowhere is more important than making sure a player's arm stays attached to his body.

Is there something I'm missing where the player was overstating things and obviously just trying to get out of playing because the season's going poorly (ie: if they were 5-1 instead of 1-5, he'd be out there for sure)? Because as I've read things, it looks like the sort of moronic self-sabotage that really makes a team look a clown organization to impending free agents.

Nah, you're not missing anything. The Jets are the epitome of a slap-dick franchise. They literally can't do anything right. Ever.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 12:59 PM
posted by justincredible

Nah, you're not missing anything. The Jets are the epitome of a slap-dick franchise. They literally can't do anything right. Ever.

And it looks like they are already trying to trade Lev Bell.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 1:02 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And it looks like they are already trying to trade Lev Bell.

Given his status as a complete luxury for a shitty team, I don't mind it if they can get something decent for him.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Jets have already traded disappointing 1st round pick Leo Williams to the Giants. Looks like Jamal Adams is a popular name being thrown around, and he would bring back at least a 1st round pick, but likely more. Whatever happens, the Jets better be investing a ton of draft capital into the offensive line.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 3:42 PM

Dalton being benched for the Bengals next game.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 3:59 PM

Sounds like the Jets/Cowboys were close to a deal for Jamal Adams but doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 5:50 PM

Bengals fans on Twitter mad becauseDalton being benched? Said he’s on pace for 4500 yards.....

Most pass attempts by 30 and 50-100 more than many many

31st in yards per attempt

27th in completion %
29th in QBR

9 TD 8 INT

worst team ever

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 6:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

Bengals fans on Twitter mad becauseDalton being benched? Said he’s on pace for 4500 yards.....

When you're always behind, you throw the ball.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 9:13 PM

Steelers in trouble at Rb...Connor AC joint injury, Snell knee injury and Samuels recovering from knee surgery. Geesh

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 2:17 PM

I won't lose any sleep over benching Dalton. He's not the answer now or in the future, if they ever get things sorted out. Just funny it happened on his birthday, three hours before the trade deadline essentially killing any chance he had of going somewhere else. Mike Brown is the same POS to his franchise players as he is to the fans. Cool. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 2:38 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I won't lose any sleep over benching Dalton. He's not the answer now or in the future, if they ever get things sorted out. Just funny it happened on his birthday, three hours before the trade deadline essentially killing any chance he had of going somewhere else. Mike Brown is the same POS to his franchise players as he is to the fans. Cool. 

I always saw Dalton as more of an overachiever than a long-term franchise QB. It was the perfect storm that they drafted him (2nd round?) with AJ Green at the time that, I believe, Carson Palmer decided to go into his "retirement." Dalton showed some flashes and that he was serviceable but never thought he'd be a big time guy.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 12:51 PM

In more Bengals news, AJ Green is saying "No way" to one-year deals, saying he won't sign anything other than a long-term offer.

Which is something, considering that anyone thinking long-term deal for him would have to be wondering if they'd get more than 8 games out of 48 (if said deal is 3 years) considering his durability ranges between porcelain and soggy cardboard, depending on the day.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 12:56 PM
posted by Heretic

In more Bengals news, AJ Green is saying "No way" to one-year deals, saying he won't sign anything other than a long-term offer.

Which is something, considering that anyone thinking long-term deal for him would have to be wondering if they'd get more than 8 games out of 48 (if said deal is 3 years) considering his durability ranges between porcelain and soggy cardboard, depending on the day.

Even if the Bengals offered him an extension, why would you ever stay there for that rebuild? Unless he doesn't give a shit about a ring.

Gardens35

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 12:58 PM
posted by Ironman92

Steelers in trouble at Rb...Connor AC joint injury, Snell knee injury and Samuels recovering from knee surgery. Geesh

Steelers signed Austintown Fitch/Pitt grad Darrin Hall to practice squad. RB, undrafted free agent, he's been released by Browns, Bengals, and Packers this year. Played behind Connor at Pitt, hope he catches on with Steelers.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 10:37 AM

(Not so) bold prediction....Patriots take their first loss tonight in Baltimore.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 10:40 AM
posted by BR1986FB

(Not so) bold prediction....Patriots take their first loss tonight in Baltimore.

Maybe, but I’m still seeing the Pats as very focused on doing something special this year.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 1:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

Maybe, but I’m still seeing the Pats as very focused on doing something special this year.

Their run defense is a sieve and Harbaugh isn't an idiot, unlike Freddie.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 1:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Their run defense is a sieve and Harbaugh isn't an idiot, unlike Freddie.

Also Freddie destroyed Harbaugh

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 1:26 PM

Nice job Tomlin 👏👏👏👏👏.....Samuels scored as his knee was on the defender’s arm and not the ground and refs call him a yard short and no red flag, then dumbass 2 yard loss then horrid 3rd down with no chance. Cost Steelers 4 points.

And Dan Fouts can fuck off

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 3, 2019 1:34 PM

Burn in hell Fouts