2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 10:25 AM

5 years...no number 1 seed has won. Pretty amazing with how they pump up how great the 1 always is. 

FatHobbit

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 10:48 AM
posted by wildcats20

5 years...no number 1 seed has won. Pretty amazing with how they pump up how great the 1 always is. 

The number 1 is always unbeatable and there is no need to expand because it's so clear cut. 

Classyposter58

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 5:43 PM
posted by Laley23

They didn’t get away from the run and refuse to stop passing. What fucking game did you watch? All they did was run. That’s why they had more yards than Clemson most of the game.

Even with the last ditch effort on the last few possessions of the 4th, which was comeback mode and had to throw, Bama still ended up with 37 rushes and 36 passes. And that’s in 2019 when a 60/40 split would be considered even.

I meant almost going Craig Krenzel and limiting him to 20 throws and just pounding the football. They should’ve completely abandoned the passing game considering the poor throws and decisions Tua made throughout the game. Clemson couldn’t stop the inside run at all

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 9, 2019 1:36 PM

Hurts has entered the transfer portal thing. 

Spock

Wed, Jan 9, 2019 6:45 PM
posted by wildcats20

seems to be a year late

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Jan 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Murray supposedly going to declare for NFL draft. 

FatHobbit

Thu, Jan 10, 2019 12:04 AM
posted by wildcats20

He also graduated. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Jan 10, 2019 7:36 AM
posted by iclfan2

I saw this on Twitter last night and was shocked...with a baseball contract already in hand, I really didn't see that one coming

Verbal Kint

Thu, Jan 10, 2019 8:59 AM
posted by iclfan2

Must be his true love because the lifetime, stability, health, total earnings for MLB far exceeds all other sports

Dave Winfield could have played professional multiple sports, decided on a 22 year MLB career 

John Hannah and Dan Fouts were in the same draft as Winfield, had a very long 12 & 14 year careers

Doug Collins was in the same draft as Winfield and had a 8 year career

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jan 10, 2019 10:01 AM
posted by Classyposter58

I meant almost going Craig Krenzel and limiting him to 20 throws and just pounding the football. They should’ve completely abandoned the passing game considering the poor throws and decisions Tua made throughout the game. Clemson couldn’t stop the inside run at all

Ok, well it’s been 2 decades, and football has evolved, drastically. That would never win versus a defense as good as Clemson. You have to at least keep them honest.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 2:41 PM

Hurts going to Oklahoma. Not sure I see the fit, but ok. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 3:49 PM

Lincoln Riley not looking so hot in all of this. He blocked Austin Kendall to transfer to WVU without sitting out a year..why? He’s benefitted the most from QB transfers. 

He also told a big 2019 recruit, Spencer Rattler,  when Fields was looking to transfer that he wasn’t going to be taking on anymore QB transfers. Yet he just got Hurts..

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 4:17 PM

I thought that once someone graduated, they didn't need any kind of clearance or permission from the school they are attending. Clearly not, what a shame.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 4:35 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I thought that once someone graduated, they didn't need any kind of clearance or permission from the school they are attending. Clearly not, what a shame.

In conference. I believe it’s a B12 rule that allows schools to do this. 

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 4:54 PM
posted by wildcats20

In conference. I believe it’s a B12 rule that allows schools to do this. 

Thanks for the clarification.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 9:27 PM

Looks like OU has backed off and is letting him transfer without blocking.