2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:55 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Doesn’t matter ohio st would have been shit stomped by bama or Clemson too. The only other team that could compete with these 2 is Georgia.

Ehh disagree. Notre Dame sucks and Oklahoma has no D. OSU would have at least put up a fight. They both should have been in tho. The current committee is a fucking joke. We all knew Oklahoma D sucked dick, so how do they make it? 

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:56 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Doesn’t matter ohio st would have been shit stomped by bama or Clemson too. The only other team that could compete with these 2 is Georgia.

That’s my point. Just leave it at 4 if we have to watch terrible semifinal games

Crimson streak

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:04 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ehh disagree. Notre Dame sucks and Oklahoma has no D. OSU would have at least put up a fight. They both should have been in tho. The current committee is a fucking joke. We all knew Oklahoma D sucked dick, so how do they make it? 

Yeah the same team that lost to 30 to Purdue and should have lost to Maryland. Ohio states defense isn’t much better than Oklahoma’s 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:06 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Yeah the same team that lost to 30 to Purdue and should have lost to Maryland. Ohio states defense isn’t much better than Oklahoma’s 

You’re fucking high. 67 ranked vs 108. Close tho

mhs95_06

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:08 PM

The point is to let the 3,4,5,6 teams decide on the field in the quarterfinals who is most worthy of facing 1 and 2, and let 7 and 8 have the shot they want in tune up games for 1 and 2.  More money is made with 7 games instead of 3 and it avoids the 4 week lay-off.

Crimson streak

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:16 PM
posted by iclfan2

You’re fucking high. 67 ranked vs 108. Close tho

Point is both defenses are terrible. ND deserves to be there. They went undefeated on a solid schedule. The difference is Clemson and bama are just that much better than everyone else. 

Gardens35

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:17 PM

A hand full of Oklahoma players have already lost their minds.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:17 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Point is both defenses are terrible. ND deserves to be there. They went undefeated on a solid schedule. The difference is Clemson and bama are just that much better than everyone else. 

Lol solid schedule. Ok. Get in a conference. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:18 PM

Shit. I did lose my expectation that Bama wouldn’t punt tho. 

Crimson streak

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol solid schedule. Ok. Get in a conference. 

yeah bc that matters, Ohio st played northwestern in the big championship, who ND bear handily. That argument is retarded. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:23 PM

That block. Gracious.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:30 PM
posted by Crimson streak

yeah bc that matters, Ohio st played northwestern in the big championship, who ND bear handily. That argument is retarded. 

Not being in a conference certainly matters. You play real teams most weeks. OSU also murdered Michigan who if they won, would have been in the playoffs. Don’t be stupid

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:46 PM

Nick cares

Crimson streak

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:51 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not being in a conference certainly matters. You play real teams most weeks. OSU also murdered Michigan who if they won, would have been in the playoffs. Don’t be stupid

Yet ND had a better strength of schedule than Ohio st.... makes sense 🙄🙄

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:58 PM

Big Game Brian blows his load in another high profile game....lets give him another COY award!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 10:54 PM

Saban going ape shit again of his team being careless

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 11:38 PM

Murray just Vick’d that defender

FatHobbit

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 12:27 AM
posted by Classyposter58

We need an 8 team playoff for sure. These top four are just so competitive...

Fuck it. We don't even need a playoff. Everyone knows Alabama is the best. Give them the trophy now. 

2002 OSU vs Miami, 2006 OSU vs Florida and 2014 OSU vs Alabama and Oregon prove that the team everyone thinks is best isn't always best. Play it on the field. 

Classyposter58

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 3:06 AM
posted by FatHobbit

Fuck it. We don't even need a playoff. Everyone knows Alabama is the best. Give them the trophy now. 

2002 OSU vs Miami, 2006 OSU vs Florida and 2014 OSU vs Alabama and Oregon prove that the team everyone thinks is best isn't always best. Play it on the field. 

I agree it should be played on the field but we’re in Year 5 of this and we’ve only had 2 semifinal games end in a single digit margin of victory. Bottom line is most of these games have been complete blowouts, so why on Earth is another round needed to determine a champion?

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:09 AM

It just baffles me that there are still people out there that think a 4 team playoff is the best option. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:18 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

It just baffles me that there are still people out there that think a 4 team playoff is the best option. 

It just baffles me that people listen to Classy

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:21 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

It just baffles me that people listen to Classy

I wasn't even talking about classy. Just in general, you have poeple that are still trying to convince themselves a 6-8 team playoff isn't feasible. Just mind boggling

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:37 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I wasn't even talking about classy. Just in general, you have poeple that are still trying to convince themselves a 6-8 team playoff isn't feasible. Just mind boggling

Feasible, but the point was made by various people last night that in the five years of the playoffs, there has only been one year (last year) that there were more than two real NC contenders.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:42 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Feasible, but the point was made by various people last night that in the five years of the playoffs, there has only been one year (last year) that there were more than two real NC contenders.

Isn't that sports though? There is usually a couple teams that are significantly better than everyone else. But you still have a playoff where other teams get to attempt to knock them off. It just seems so logical.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Agreed. When classy is being classy I just chalk it up to that but my twitter feed was full of it. I don't understand the correlation between "Hey most of these games have sucked so we don't need more of them!" If we include OSU, Georgia, UCF, Washington, etc then maybe we get some better games. 

And, who are we fucking kidding? We'd all watch them anyways whether they sucked or not. I hate Alabama and don't care for Clemson but i'll still watch some of the championship.