2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 9:14 PM

Tyler Trent, the student from Purdue battling cancer, has passed away. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 9:21 PM
posted by wildcats20

Tyler Trent, the student from Purdue battling cancer, has passed away. 

RIP

Screw cancer

superman

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 9:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

I have never ever seen that before...crazy. A 65 yards error

I've seen it in high school but never at this level.  

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 9:36 PM

Sad news. RIP trent

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 11:38 PM

Here comes Georgia as the game miraculously for no reason just completely goes opposite of what it’s been for 3 quarters

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 12:21 AM

When smoke clears OSU was clearly #4

FatHobbit

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 1:51 AM
posted by Ironman92

When smoke clears OSU was clearly #4

At least for 3 quarters. I'm not sure about the 4th. 

Con_Alma

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 7:06 AM

All five games yesterday finished as one possession victories.  That was entertaining. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 7:35 AM
posted by FatHobbit

At least for 3 quarters. I'm not sure about the 4th. 

You finishing with ND above them?

FatHobbit

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 10:54 AM
posted by Ironman92

You finishing with ND above them?

Lol no, i'm just complaining about how they let Washington back in it

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 8:48 PM

Dabo got caught being real

”Do your job” he screamed to some sideline official not on the field

Spock

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 9:42 PM

Dont get a boner from all the big plays......these teams are garbage

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 10:07 PM

What in the actual fuck is this halftime show?

Automatik

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 10:51 PM

I'm enjoying this.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 10:51 PM

Imagine Dragons...ton of similar type songs over last decade. I liked a lot of their stuff 3-4 years ago. He didn’t sound good live. Lil Wayne, no thanks

Spock

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 10:58 PM

Why do these reviews take so long?  Jesus every living room had the decision in 10 seconds.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jan 7, 2019 11:10 PM

See ya Bama 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 12:15 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

See ya Bama 

Fucking OSU losing to Purdue. Not saying we would have won, but these CFB playoff games were all terrible.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 7:39 AM

lol SEC...over hyped & overrated, just like it's daddy--and that'd be ESPN

Classyposter58

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 7:43 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Fucking OSU losing to Purdue. Not saying we would have won, but these CFB playoff games were all terrible.

I’ll tell you that game last night was one of the more shocking ones I’ve ever seen. Alabama looked like one of the best teams of all time the way they kicked the shit out of teams weekly, hell their starters were out by the 4th quarter in most games. Then the way they came out against Oklahoma I thought they’d have a tough test, but in no way did I think any team could beat them like that. 

What stood out to me was how bad Tua looked, his interceptions were absolute trash. Clemson couldn’t stop the run, and yet Alabama almost refused to get away from their passing offense which killed them. Likewise their secondary hasn’t had a pick in the seven games leading up to the title, this was a red flag hardly talked about by the media. That Lawrence and Ross absolutely shredded those DBs and Alabama basically looked helpless. 

I will say with Clemson being in a down ACC and two more years of the Lawrence/Ross combo, I could see these guys being the ones to win 3 straight titles. Can’t believe how Dabo has turned Clemson into a straight juggernaut. To whoop ND and Bama like that is crazy impressive

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 8:52 AM
posted by Classyposter58

What stood out to me was how bad Tua looked, his interceptions were absolute trash. Clemson couldn’t stop the run, and yet Alabama almost refused to get away from their passing offense which killed them. Likewise their secondary hasn’t had a pick in the seven games leading up to the title, this was a red flag hardly talked about by the media. That Lawrence and Ross absolutely shredded those DBs and Alabama basically looked helpless. 

They didn’t get away from the run and refuse to stop passing. What fucking game did you watch? All they did was run. That’s why they had more yards than Clemson most of the game.

Even with the last ditch effort on the last few possessions of the 4th, which was comeback mode and had to throw, Bama still ended up with 37 rushes and 36 passes. And that’s in 2019 when a 60/40 split would be considered even.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 9:08 AM

Golic Jr says ND should be #2 because if you look at 4:38 in the second quarter, ND gave up 9 points and Bama gave up 28. 

Get this fuckstick off the radio/tv

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 9:10 AM

And about 30 min ago, big sized golic says “and big ten people want their teams in the playoffs?” After beating a stat that Haskins will be the first big ten QB to be drafted in the first round since 1995. 

Cant make this up..

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 10:01 AM
posted by Laley23

They didn’t get away from the run and refuse to stop passing. What fucking game did you watch? All they did was run. That’s why they had more yards than Clemson most of the game.

Even with the last ditch effort on the last few possessions of the 4th, which was comeback mode and had to throw, Bama still ended up with 37 rushes and 36 passes. And that’s in 2019 when a 60/40 split would be considered even.

And the whole "having twice the time of possession for much of the game" deal does kind of indicate that Bama relied heavily on running the ball. And the box score has them as having six more rush attempts and four more pass attempts than Clemson, which signifies run-heavy when you consider how far behind they were for the entire second half. Just once, it'd be nice if Classy could say something that indicates actual understanding of what is going on. JUST ONCE!

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jan 8, 2019 10:02 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Golic Jr says ND should be #2 because if you look at 4:38 in the second quarter, ND gave up 9 points and Bama gave up 28. 

Get this fuckstick off the radio/tv

posted by SportsAndLady

And about 30 min ago, big sized golic says “and big ten people want their teams in the playoffs?” After beating a stat that Haskins will be the first big ten QB to be drafted in the first round since 1995. 

Cant make this up..

senior and junior are both dbags, especially junior--here's a guy who was handed an ESPN job because of his old man, and didn't have to pay a penny of dues...he'll be doing podcasts and mid-majors play-by-play before you know it