We need to block better

Spock

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 8:24 PM

#haskin4heisman

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 9:28 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Also, if all that matters are conference championships then you might as well cancel all non conference games and any thoughts at marquee nonconference matchups are gone.

I think it would be the opposite. Play the tough games OOC, because if you win or even go 2-1, you have a very real shot at an at-large. Lose them and you still have the chance to win conference. If I’m an OSU, OU, LSU, etc, I schedule a ton of tough OOC games to try and boost resume in case I’m in at large consideration.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 9:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That would be aamzing. It's fucking bullshit ND is a lock because they're idle today.

ND not playing this week is definitely an advantage. But the argument is moot when OSU sand Bama have both made it while not making their title game...

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 9:43 PM
posted by Laley23

ND not playing this week is definitely an advantage. But the argument is moot when OSU sand Bama have both made it while not making their title game...

Decent point

Mulva

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 10:06 PM

Dave Wannstedt is worse in the studio than he was as a coach. He doesn’t make a single coherent point.

Mulva

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 10:08 PM

And guys throwing two hand chest passes with footballs should automatically be disqualified from receiving any prize

Spock

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 10:10 PM

Do they try to pick the biggest nerds for the dr pepper challenge

Spock

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 10:18 PM

Letting a slow QB score doesnt help

gut

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 10:23 PM
posted by Mulva

And guys throwing two hand chest passes with footballs should automatically be disqualified from receiving any prize

I was trying to decide if that's not the most efficient way to do that.  Maybe an underhand toss instead?  Or turned sideways and basically rapid-fire shovel pass?  Assuming you can be equally accurate however you do it, then it's a function of how many throws you can get off.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:29 AM

My bowl projection for NY6

Orange - Bama/Oklahoma

Cotton - Clemson/ND

Rose - OSU/UW

Sugar - Georgia/Texas

Fiesta - UCF/Florida

Peach - Michigan/LSU

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:15 PM

ND had duck crepes and sushi at their watch party. Losers. They should be out based on that. 

cat_lover

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:20 PM

Sweet Jesus the nut hugging of the SEC on this countdown show is ridiculous.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:34 PM

ESPN reveals the top three then breaks away to further debate #4. Never change, guys. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:37 PM

That proves OSU was never in the discussion for the top 4. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:38 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

ESPN reveals the top three then breaks away to further debate #4. Never change, guys. 

That show was fucking brutal. First of all, why do they have 4 hours of talking before the revealing? How long do you need to debate a couple teams? 

Second, JUST REVEAL THE FUCKING TEAMS

Lastly, The committee can suck a dick. Georgia over OSU. 

If I'm OSU, I'm doing everything I can to screw over the NCAA

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:46 PM

In the long run, back to back years of OSU 11-1 and not making it might propel a change to 6/8. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:46 PM
posted by Laley23

In the long run, back to back years of OSU 11-1 and not making it might propel a change to 6/8. 

Aren't they locked in for like 10 years?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:52 PM

Can't say I'm surprised it was Oklahoma. Higher ranked coming in to this week and OSU didn't do enough yesterday to pass them. Being behind Georgia, on the other hand, I don't get. Two losses and a shit non-conference schedule (when Middle Tennessee State is your marquee out-of-conference opponent, you only deserve ridicule) don't say #5 to me, but SEC! SEC! SEC! nut-hugging never goes out of style, it seems.

The depressing thing to me is that, because of tradition, OSU gets relegated to playing a shit PAC-12 team in the Rose Bowl instead of real competition. Kirby Smart can babble about how Georgia is the team no one wants to face, but I'd rather go against them than Washington, where it's either "meh, you won because you were easily supposed to" or "you lost to THAT?!?!?!" Winding up playing them is like waking up hoping for a steak dinner and getting a McDonald's burger instead.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:55 PM

OSU should turn down the rose bowl offer. Fuck the NCAA. 

Spock

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

or beat a shitty Perdue team

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:59 PM

Bama opens as 14.5 favorites... awesome. Notre Dame should not be in until they join a conference. Georgia over OSU is a joke.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 1:13 PM

Twitter/FB....everything sports is miserable 

ND isn’t the 3rd best team and its idiotic 12-1 OSU doesn’t have an opportunity to win it all. Dumb and easily fixable.

Im not sure how good Clemson is so watch ND get a few calls and bounces and keep it tight and then Clemson does the same vs Bama.

I’m done. Moving on.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 4:47 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

The NCAA doesn't govern the the FBS with respect to how the playoff is handled.  Also isn't called an NCAA championship.