2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:19 PM

These PI’s are jokes...nicely benefitting OU

Snd this baby is over BTW...that 80 yd drive in 40 seconds with no timeouts did it

Oklahoma going to win about 52-21 and the games the rest of the day won’t matter unless Georgia wins...and they won’t 

superman

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:19 PM

Well, that was fun while it lasted.  Hopefully Oklahoma lights up Alabama's defense.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:23 PM
posted by superman

Do away with the traditional conferences. 

Have 4 16 team super conferences.

Each conference has 2 divisions.

8 division winners in the tournament.  

At least 2 non-conference games have to be against teams in the other three conferences.  

If you play against an FCS school, you are not eligible for the tournament. 

I'm a big fan of the 16 team super conference idea. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:43 PM

That Ehlinger video when he was like 3 years old was awesome

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:50 PM
posted by Ironman92

That Ehlinger video when he was like 3 years old was awesome

I thought so too, so I texted my buddy who’s a Texas fan. Apparently they show those clips in EVERY Texas game, and he gets so pissed lol

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 3:17 PM

Oklahoma has not looked impressive. I think if OSU wins by 30+, and looks as impressive as they did against Michigan, they get in over OU. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 3:20 PM

Pretty rough officiating. I don’t see Oklahoma even hanging with Bama. Bama might not have to punt.

superman

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 3:31 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Oklahoma has not looked impressive. I think if OSU wins by 30+, and looks as impressive as they did against Michigan, they get in over OU. 

I think you underestimate ESPN's influence in the process or their hatred of Ohio State.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 3:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

Pretty rough officiating. I don’t see Oklahoma even hanging with Bama. Bama might not have to punt.

Hate how people say OU has the best shot to beat Bama because their offense can hang with bama’s. A good defense will be able to slow down OUs offense. Not completely stop, but contain. And OU’s defense will not even force a Bama punt. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 3:55 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I thought so too, so I texted my buddy who’s a Texas fan. Apparently they show those clips in EVERY Texas game, and he gets so pissed lol

Similar to the Haskins video from 2008 they always show during OSU games-lol...and chances are we’ll see it again tonight. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Oklahoma's defense came up big when they had to. I think OSU's going to have to win by 50+ to get any consideration. Even then I'm skeptical.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:11 PM

If OSU wins by 50+ (that’s a gigantic number), they’re a lock lol

if they win by 20’ish, it’s a toss up but probably OU. 

Anhthing less, OU’s a lock. 

Mulva

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:16 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Ok....I can't buy a format where even a SINGLE 3 loss team could be in the playoff.  That is absurd.

I’ve never understood this viewpoint. Teams in the NFL go 10-6 and win the Super Bowl. How many wild card teams have won the World Series in MLB?

If you want to name a “best team” just go back to bowls and polls. The playoffs are about a champion and the best team doesn’t always win. That’s part of what makes it great.

FCS has a 24 team playoff I think. I don’t get why it would be so difficult to go to 16. Cut 1 meaningless non-con game to get the regular season down to 11, then bring every (9 or 10 or however many there are now) conference champ, fill the rest with at large teams. Play 2 rounds @ the home field of higher seeds to reward them.

Teams like UCF get a shot if they go undefeated, Georgia doesn’t drop out of the playoffs for losing a conference title game to the best team in the country, etc. Alabama and Clemson probably win by 60 in the first round, but I’d still rather see it in a playoff game than in week 2

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:18 PM

OSU is not jumping Oklahoma after that performance.  They need Pitt to beat Clemson.

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:22 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

OSU is not jumping Oklahoma after that performance.  They need Pitt to beat Clemson.

Agreed but I used the 50+ points comment to essentially say "Rose Bowl...here come the Buckeyes."

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:28 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

That performance? LOL they looked average at best. 

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:28 PM
posted by superman

I think you underestimate ESPN's influence in the process or their hatred of Ohio State.

I think they see the millions of additional eyes tOSU brings.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:32 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I think they see the millions of additional eyes tOSU brings.

This. No one can ever say osu was left out for money reasons. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:34 PM

These announcers need to get Tua’s dick out of their mouths. He’s fucking fine. Every time he gets hit they start panicking. 

Theyre my least favorite announcers to listen to. 

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:57 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That performance? LOL they looked average at best. 

OSU lost to 6-6 Purdue by 29....no room for an OSU fan to talk....

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:59 PM

If Ohio State wins 41-14, 38-17, 35-13 type...OU fans will be sweating

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 5:10 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

OSU lost to 6-6 Purdue by 29....no room for an OSU fan to talk....

You’re a fucking RETARD. A) that was 2 months ago and B) that has nothing to do with what I said. 

Should osu been held out of the 2015 playoffs because they lost to 6-6 Va Tech?

Mulva

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 5:19 PM

If Georgia wins I don't think it matters. Alabama still gets in over OU and OSU imo. Which is another problem with the 4 team playoffs.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 5:31 PM
posted by Mulva

If Georgia wins I don't think it matters. Alabama still gets in over OU and OSU imo. Which is another problem with the 4 team playoffs.

B1G keeps getting left out of these playoffs and they WILL start lobbying for an expansion. It’s a joke the same conference gets two teams in and two other conferences get zero. Even though I don’t disagree Georgia and Bama are two of the top teams in the country. 

sportswizuhrd

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 5:34 PM

I would think Bama still gets in. All Conferences and Divisions aren’t created equally (duh). Can’t exactly punish them because the #4 team in the nation is the other division winner and not a 3 loss Texas (including a loss to 5-7 Maryland), a 4 loss Northwestern (lost to Akron at home) or 5 loss Pittsburgh (lost to 2-9 UNC).