2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:11 AM
posted by vball10set

have you ever seen a team more disinterested in playing in a bowl game than Miami was last night? they looked like they seriously couldn't gaf...at all

Considering how highly they were ranked in the preseason, you might say that about the majority of their season. Side note: With how both teams were about 7-5 and both were preseason top 10 teams, has there ever been a bowl game that was a match-up of two teams who were that disappointing based on where they were in the preseason to where they were at the end of the season? Not one team that sucked compared to projections while the other was just a little bit worse than expected, but both teams expected to be contenders and neither being remotely close.

Spock

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 2:30 PM

Purdue is doing a great job of embarrassing themselves.

superman

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 2:55 PM

Purdue getting smoked by Auburn.  Prepare for the ESPN hot taeks.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by superman

Looks like a flat-out skull-fucking. I watched for a bit, but when it got to be 28-7 or so, I stopped watching, but figured I'd check to see if it had gotten more respectable. Saw it was 56-7 at the half. Which makes it the sort of game where I want Auburn to pour it on just to see if they can hit 100. Neither team matters, so might as well give people a show!

SportsAndLady

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 5:28 PM
posted by superman

I hate the SEC, but when you're up 56-7 at half, there is no such thing as hot takes. They absolutely destroyed Purdue and I'm fucking pissed OSU lost to them. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 8:55 PM

Grier not playing in this game was stupid. What a waste of a game.

mhs95_06

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 10:21 PM

The best thing about the exhibition bowl games are that your team gets an extra few weeks of practice for next year.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:15 AM
posted by iclfan2

Grier not playing in this game was stupid. What a waste of a game.

This.  I understand why an NFL prospect would not play.  And it's for this reason that I would like for these bowls to end.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:29 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

This.  I understand why an NFL prospect would not play.  And it's for this reason that I would like for these bowls to end.

Grier is an NFL prospect 

superman

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:17 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I hate the SEC, but when you're up 56-7 at half, there is no such thing as hot takes. They absolutely destroyed Purdue and I'm fucking pissed OSU lost to them. 

ESPN will use this for hot takes about the conferences as a whole.  

Spock

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 9:55 AM
posted by superman

ESPN will use this for hot takes about the conferences as a whole.  

This.  OSU must suck because Purdue lost to Auburn

superman

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 2:39 PM

Michigan choking away the Peach Bowl.

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 3:05 PM

Yikes

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 3:07 PM

Michigan looks slow just as they did against Ohio State. 3rd & 20 and that’s how you get housed for a touchdown? They blow

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 4:37 PM

But Chase Winovich told us the loss to OSU was just a mirage and they are building something special up there. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 5:32 PM

I’m all for a natural disaster ruining this game, but currently it’s just the replay official. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 5:34 PM

ND certainly doesn’t look like a #3 so far.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 5:44 PM

Typical big game showing for the Irish. 

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 6:06 PM

This is what happens when the committee rewards going undefeated with a crappy schedule, unless of course, you are UCF....

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 6:57 PM

Again, make ND get in a conference or get the fuck out. Stop rewarding them. Should be Oklahoma vs Clemson and Georgia or OSU vs Bama. Garbage

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 6:58 PM

Boy we really need to expand the playoffs guys. These top four teams are just so competitive...

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:21 PM

I feel by the timing of the players reaction that his elbow was likely down...but those replays didn’t show anything remotely conclusive

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:26 PM

Bama defense looked like Murray facing a Sunday defense

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:50 PM

We need an 8 team playoff for sure. These top four are just so competitive...

Crimson streak

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 8:52 PM
posted by Classyposter58

We need an 8 team playoff for sure. These top four are just so competitive...

Doesn’t matter ohio st would have been shit stomped by bama or Clemson too. The only other team that could compete with these 2 is Georgia.