Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 9:09 PM

Murray hitting Coach Riley in the feelz

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 9, 2018 12:40 AM
posted by vball10set

This makes no sense, but I have to consider the source...and you are right regarding the Auburn game, I was mistaken. That being said, Murray and Haskins are more deserving, but... SEC bias will yet again dictate the award.

What I said made perfect sense. You just didn’t get it in any of the posts.

posted by SportsAndLady

No, he’s right. You don’t punish a player because he was so good for 3 quarters that he didn’t even need to play thr4th  because his team was destroying them

Thank you.

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Dec 9, 2018 9:06 AM

posted by SportsAndLady

No, he’s right. You don’t punish a player because he was so good for 3 quarters that he didn’t even need to play thr4th  because his team was destroying them

No, he's not--you don't punish him, but you also don't reward him...and fwiw, this award has been diluted so much based on the criteria in it's mission statement (see Winston, Manziel) that it's difficult to take it seriously anymore.

...and this is how I felt in a nutshell..to hell with Rece Davis, and to hell with ESPN--this award is a farce

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/12/100495/the-season-dwayne-haskins-just-put-together-deserved-much-more-attention-than-it-got

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 9, 2018 10:23 AM
posted by vball10set

No, he's not--you don't punish him, but you also don't reward him...and fwiw, this award has been diluted so much based on the criteria in it's mission statement (see Winston, Manziel) that it's difficult to take it seriously anymore.

...and this is how I felt in a nutshell..to hell with Rece Davis, and to hell with ESPN--this award is a farce

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/12/100495/the-season-dwayne-haskins-just-put-together-deserved-much-more-attention-than-it-got

Why wouldn’t you reward him?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Dec 9, 2018 6:13 PM

Not sure if this thread has mentioned anything about Grier skipping WVU's bowl game, but add that to the list of reasons the "well what about the bowl games!!!??" argument against playoff expansion is a trash argument.  The players don't even give a fuck about the meaningless bowl games. 

Expand the playoffs.

Spock

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 10:24 AM

Georgia got a gift for a bowl game.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:02 PM

Cooper Dawson...that’s pretty cool and damn refreshing quite honestly

cat_lover

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:07 PM

Just saw the Cooper Dawson clip on Sports Center after the OU game and even if Cooper Dawson turns out to be a dud he is already a winner in life. Good Job young man.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 11:16 AM

Ohio U with the dominating win last night. I am happy!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 11:09 AM
posted by like_that

Not sure if this thread has mentioned anything about Grier skipping WVU's bowl game, but add that to the list of reasons the "well what about the bowl games!!!??" argument against playoff expansion is a trash argument.  The players don't even give a fuck about the meaningless bowl games. 

Expand the playoffs.

And if "what about the bowl games" was actually a valid argument, I'd guess they'd have found a way to fit in that Boise State-BC one from yesterday instead of taking the "it has to be at the Cotton Bowl, it has to be today" stance where the fucking thing got canceled and ruled a "no contest" because of weather. Makes you feel for the players on both teams, spending a month working towards a game and (presumably) spending Christmas in Texas, only for it all to mean nothing because no one cared enough to even think about the possibility of having a "plan B".

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 11:23 AM

I watched some of the TCU - Cal game last night. That one should have been canceled. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 12:14 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I watched some of the TCU - Cal game last night. That one should have been canceled. 

Six interceptions in the first half and nine for the game, wasn't that it? Might go down as arguably the single worst game of the modern era. I fell asleep during halftime, woke up in the third, saw it was still 7-0 and decided it was time to go to bed.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 12:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

to your point, courtesy of 11W...

THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED. If you didn't tune in to the 2018 Cheez-Its Bowl last night, I regret to inform you that you missed the game of the year.

Highlights included:

• Nine combined interceptions
  • TCU's starting quarterback finishing regulation with a negative quarterback rating and the Horned Frogs ended up giving snaps to a fellow with nerve damage in his foot instead.
  • Fewer points scored in regulation (14) than varieties of Cheez-Its (16).
  • TCU switching kickers in the middle of a timeout to kick the would-be game-winning field goal at the end of regulation, which they missed
  • A 300-lb Cal offensive lineman running down a defensive back after an overtime interception to save the game.
  • TCU's SID falling onto the field, forcing the Horned Frogs to start an overtime possession at the 40-yard line

It's kinda bullshit that this game got to go to overtime when another perfectly fine game didn't even make it out of the first quarter before it got cancelled, but I wasn't going to tell my kids about the First Responder Bowl.

But this glorious game will live in Harrish lore for generations.

I mean:

Honestly, this might have been the greatest game ever played.

Verbal Kint

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 1:12 PM
posted by Heretic

Six interceptions in the first half and nine for the game, wasn't that it? Might go down as arguably the single worst game of the modern era. I fell asleep during halftime, woke up in the third, saw it was still 7-0 and decided it was time to go to bed.

One of the interceptions was on a double forward pass, derp

Verbal Kint

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 1:16 PM
posted by Heretic

And if "what about the bowl games" was actually a valid argument, I'd guess they'd have found a way to fit in that Boise State-BC one from yesterday instead of taking the "it has to be at the Cotton Bowl, it has to be today" stance where the fucking thing got canceled and ruled a "no contest" because of weather. Makes you feel for the players on both teams, spending a month working towards a game and (presumably) spending Christmas in Texas, only for it all to mean nothing because no one cared enough to even think about the possibility of having a "plan B".

Let alone the ratings for a P5 playoff, I'd think the rating and attendance for a G5 8 team playoff (that means 7 games, well watched and attended) would make bank.  The FCS game next Saturday sold out their 20K stadium

SportsAndLady

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 2:18 PM

Haha I watched the first 3 quarters and thought my eyes were going to start bleeding so I turned it off. At one point there were 7 turnovers and 6 punts, with just 7 points. How in the hell do you have 7 turnovers in a game and only 7 points, I have no clue. But they accomplished that. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 5:23 PM

You guys missed the best part. At the end of regulation, TCU had a chance at game-winning FG. They had two kickers, one named Bunce and another named Song. They get to the 25 yard line and start to send Song out there, but then at the last second send Bunce instead. Cal calls a timeout. Out of the timeout, Song starts to line up then again at the last second they send Bunce out, and he misses. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 8:53 PM

Since everyone seems to care about conference record during bowl season, the B1G is 2-0. Both wins against the ACC. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 8:54 PM

First true test will be Purdue vs Auburn tomorrow in the Music City Bowl. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 8:59 PM

Purdue by 9

slingshot4ever

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:04 PM
posted by wildcats20

First true test will be Purdue vs Auburn tomorrow in the Music City Bowl. 

What do you mean by "test"?  Minny and Wisky were both underdogs in their matchups per Vegas.  Purdue is a slight dog at 3.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:44 PM

Vandy/Baylor is a good one, at least

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 8:18 AM

have you ever seen a team more disinterested in playing in a bowl game than Miami was last night? they looked like they seriously couldn't gaf...at all