Trump. The convicted felon

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 7:59 PM
posted by BRF

I think it’s supposed to be “Maybe a lot of followers WHO never gave before”. 

Yes.  Spell check

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 8:01 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yes.  Spell check

See, this is what pisses me off about cell phones. Let me make my own errors, I don't need help making them hahaha

gut

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 8:40 PM

Right now, isn't this just the word of the Trump campaign of how much was given?

Also, 30% new donors could be small donations, maybe as low as $5.  Which could be a very small overall percentage of the total $53M or whatever claimed to have come in.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 8:56 PM
posted by gut

Right now, isn't this just the word of the Trump campaign of how much was given?

Also, 30% new donors could be small donations, maybe as low as $5.  Which could be a very small overall percentage of the total $53M or whatever claimed to have come in.

I think the days of fundraising by holding lavish dinners for rich people might be on the way out the door. Maybe the new way is to be politically persecuted

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 9:29 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Look for this kangaroo court ruling to be overturned on appeal, fairly quickly. 

It wasn’t a “kangaroo court ruling”.  It was a vote by a jury.  Due process was followed.  You may not like the DA bringing the case to trial, but “kangaroo court” is not an accurate description of the trial and the vote ( as opposed to a “ruling”).  

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 10:09 AM

It wasn’t a “kangaroo court ruling”.  It was a vote by a jury.  Due process was followed.  You may not like the DA bringing the case to trial, but “kangaroo court” is not an accurate description of the trial and the vote ( as opposed to a “ruling”).  

A prejudiced judge, prejudiced prosecutor, and a jury (from a lib cesspool area) that has no idea what was even being charged. Something that has never been charged before in the same way. You’re gonna try and tell me some random joes off of the street are able to understand it? We’re just pretending now that juries are infallible? 

geeblock

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 10:15 AM

Rough week for the lock her up crowd lol  

gut

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 10:33 AM
posted by geeblock

Rough week for the lock her up crowd lol  

If Hillary was Donald Trump, I'm pretty sure she would be locked up.

LOL, they let her destroy evidence and then said "we can't prosecute because we can't prove intent".

Also, Hillary did the EXACT same thing as Trump was convicted of - a campaign finance violation that they tried to conceal as legal payments.

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 11:05 AM
posted by iclfan2

A prejudiced judge, prejudiced prosecutor, and a jury (from a lib cesspool area) that has no idea what was even being charged. Something that has never been charged before in the same way. You’re gonna try and tell me some random joes off of the street are able to understand it? We’re just pretending now that juries are infallible? 

The law involved was/is not at all complex.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 11:12 AM
posted by iclfan2

Those are regurgitated talking points and generalizations.  

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 11:33 AM

Those are regurgitated talking points and generalizations.  

Oh, come now.

Automatik

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

Remember when all of those 91 charges were "illegitimate"?? 

How is that working out?

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:34 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I agree but the political pressure was quite complex. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:56 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Getting them from misdemeanors to felonies seems complex since it’s never been used that way before.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:59 PM
posted by Automatik

Remember when all of those 91 charges were "illegitimate"?? 

How is that working out?

Working out great. Him being convicted was the best thing to happen to his campaign. Went from no chance of winning to very slim chance of winning. I wasn’t being serious when I said it, but I also don’t care. Hopefully the republicans stop being pussies and start using absurd views of laws to attack others, bc why not. 

I also have said I wish Trump went down with the Georgia case so DeSantis could have been the nominee, but that obv didn’t happen. 

gut

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 2:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Getting them from misdemeanors to felonies seems complex since it’s never been used that way before.

Expired misdemeanors.  So, even more so.  

Also, Bragg didn't prove or charge the predicate crime, which he claimed he wasn't required to do.  And so the jury didn't have to agree or rule on what that felony was that he tried to cover up with the accounting, just that a crime was committed (and don't know if it's true, but apparently were given a menu of choices.).  And that strikes me as very novel, because for example if you bring 10 charges, the jury has to agree unanimously on at least one charge for a conviction.  And that's probably why Bragg did it the way he did, because the jury can't otherwise say "you think he's guilty of this, and I think he's guilty of that, so he's guilty".

Without that, there is no felony, and even the business records charge reverts to a misdemeanor, which was past the statute of limitations.  So there literally would be no case.

geeblock

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 3:56 PM

So if u were on the jury regardless of whether u think he should be charged would u say guilty or not guilty? I also agree this could springboard him to win. It only helps not hurts. 

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:02 PM

Everyone knows what went down here.  The jurors, the judge, all of us.  Its not that complex.  Who is ok with this?  Make your case.  Others have.

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:05 PM
posted by geeblock

So if u were on the jury regardless of whether u think he should be charged would u say guilty or not guilty? I also agree this could springboard him to win. It only helps not hurts. 

If I was on this jury I would be scared shitless of loosing everything I had accomplished in life if I did not come the the right conclusion.

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Hopefully the republicans stop being pussies and start using absurd views of laws to attack others, bc why not.

This is what it has unfortunately come to.

geeblock

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:09 PM
posted by majorspark

If I was on this jury I would be scared shitless of loosing everything I had accomplished in life if I did not come the the right conclusion.

So u think he didn’t do it? 

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:27 PM
posted by geeblock

So u think he didn’t do it? 

I have already posted on this as have others.  Make your case.

geeblock

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by majorspark

I have already posted on this as have others.  Make your case.

I think he did it and bragged about it and doesn’t care. I don’t know any rational people that think it didn’t happen. Whether you agree if it should be charged or other people do it would be the only debate. Like I said I think it can only help his chances. 

majorspark

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:59 PM
posted by geeblock

I think he did it and bragged about it and doesn’t care. I don’t know any rational people that think it didn’t happen. Whether you agree if it should be charged or other people do it would be the only debate. Like I said I think it can only help his chances. 

Biden v Trump you will not have to scroll far.  I think he did it and bragged about it.  Go on.

gut

Sun, Jun 2, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by majorspark

Biden v Trump you will not have to scroll far.  I think he did it and bragged about it.  Go on.

This should be good.  I don't recall ever hearing Trump brag about getting away with bookkeeping fraud, so I'm curious as to what crime geeblock thinks Trump is guilty of and what he thinks the charges were.

I consider myself to be a rational person, and I don't think Trump committed the crime he was accused of here.  I also think geeblock is talking about something completely different, and wrong, per usual.