Trump. The convicted felon

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 7:39 PM
posted by gut

Liberal justices be mad, and IMO undermining the credibility of the SCOTUS.  Ketanji Jackson appears to be a real piece of work dogwhistling to the usual suspects (and not the first time).

I didn't think this ruling was at all surprising or unreasonable.  Largely right down the middle affirming what EVERYONE has said for a long time, which is the POTUS can't be distracted with frivolous suits or concerned they could face criminal charges for doing the job to the best of their ability.

But those liberal justices are saying POTUS could order a Navy Seal to assassinate someone and be immune.  That's political gaslighting of the highest degree.  POTUS cannot order an assassination - that's illegal and therefore can't be an official act (not to mention, even if you claim it was an act of national security, it would rob the person of due process).  They also mention "presumed immunity", which is to say there's a high bar to clear (sorry, NY prosecutors) but that neither "official acts" nor "immunity" are absolute and subject to jurisprudence.

It's also fairly well established that campaign activities are separate from the Office and Official Acts.  This all changes very little with respect to Trump's cases.

I wonder what Justice Jackson would answer to the fact that Obama killed a a US citizen, who was a minority both in age and ethnicity, with a drone strike. Would she say that that was a war crime or would she say that Obama had presidential immunity? 

gut

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I wonder what Justice Jackson would answer to the fact that Obama killed a a US citizen, who was a minority both in age and ethnicity, with a drone strike. Would she say that that was a war crime or would she say that Obama had presidential immunity? 

Exactly.  The Democrat party doesn't give a shit about democracy, and they're pissed that a conservative SCOTUS is rolling back the powers of the executive and judicial branch....because that means their agenda actually needs 60 votes (or at least 50).

QuakerOats

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 3:47 PM
posted by majorspark

Maybe about a third of the year and only during the day.  Probably one of the best year round survivable climates for the "unhoused".

Works well for those with that other new term, 'food insecurity'.