Trump. The convicted felon

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 1:23 PM

Im starting to think that people don't know how to get to the politics forum. Otherwise how did a trump conviction thread turn into how to fix homelessness lol

geeblock

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:21 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's not a liberal or conservative idea to make a plan and then do it.

Mississippi is a poorer state than most and outshining them all when it comes to this problem. But yeah, let's frame it as a liberal vs conservative thing.

It’s 100 degrees in Mississippi most of the year you can’t be homeless there so bad example lol 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:37 PM
posted by geeblock

I don’t agree with everything on the dem side. I think we need to stop giving money to other countries while we have homeless people in every city. I think we need to address the border or fix a path of citizenship for people who want to come and work. 

What I can’t do is vote for a party that is trying to shove the Bible down my throat and make tons of unnecessary laws based upon their values. There are actual real problems as mentioned above and they spend all their time ranting and raving about things that largely don’t matter. 

I would agree with it wouldn’t matter if trump be comes president because he tends to not do much, however he did get 3 Supreme Court judges in there which ended up being a huge deal so nothing would suprise me at this point. 

When was the last time someone personally bothered you with a bible or something in the Bible?

majorspark

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:52 PM
posted by geeblock

It’s 100 degrees in Mississippi most of the year you can’t be homeless there so bad example lol 

Maybe about a third of the year and only during the day.  Probably one of the best year round survivable climates for the "unhoused".

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:54 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Im starting to think that people don't know how to get to the politics forum. Otherwise how did a trump conviction thread turn into how to fix homelessness lol

Other than this thread and post your daily Wordle score this place is empty anyways. 

gut

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:05 PM
posted by geeblock

Doesn't seem to bother the homeless living in LA and Vegas.

So, LOL, another geeblock logic fail.

jmog

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:43 PM
posted by geeblock

So is SoCal, why are those cities facing homeless problems?

majorspark

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:50 PM

But its a dry heat.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 5:51 PM
posted by majorspark

But it’s a dry heat.

Yeah, only hot as hell If you are out in it

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 7:16 PM
posted by Automatik

What is the conservative plan to remedy homelessness? 

Not a federal gov issue. 

jmog

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:23 PM
posted by geeblock

U think black people are going to vote for a guy who refers to them as “The Blacks” ?  Also what are you basing that statement on? 

Sorry, but anyone who believes Trump is “more racist” than Biden who has actually called black men super predators, has said that integrating schools creates racial jungles, and said if you don’t vote for him you aren’t black….

People who believe that are either morons are sheep that just follows whatever they are told to believe.

There are actual video records of Biden saying these things, none that I am aware of Trump calling black people any names at all. 

But yeah, Biden loves helping black people, or I mean super predators. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

This doesn't refute in any way what I said, which was make a plan and then do it.

You cited a study the held out Mississippi and Alabama as success stories on this topic.  Both are backward ass shitholes.  I wouldn’t look to either as an example for any topic.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:55 PM

Sometimes I feel like one of the least intelligent guys on this site and waste the most time on here, but then I read through this thread a bit and feel better about myself.

majorspark

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 9:54 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You cited a study the held out Mississippi and Alabama as success stories on this topic.  Both are backward ass shitholes.  I wouldn’t look to either as an example for any topic.

Yet you choose to live in a backward ass shithole.  They should run you out on a rail.  As for me my dry bones will turn to dust right here in the great state of Ohio. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:47 PM

If they are shitholes, it's not because they have a vast number of tent cities and hundreds of employees whose sole job is to clean literal shit from sidewalks. 

You don't like those states and that's fine. I don't have any personal experience with them outside of airports. So it doesn't bother me whatsoever that they have some of the lowest amounts of homelessness.

You still haven't refuted anything. Maybe Google something so that we can continue the argument. Perhaps googling "how hard is it to make a plan and then carry out the plan" is a good start. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sometimes I feel like one of the least intelligent guys on this site and waste the most time on here, but then I read through this thread a bit and feel better about myself.

Need a hug or are you alright hugging yourself?

majorspark

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:59 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah, only hot as hell If you are out in it

And you die quicker as moisture quickly evaporates from your body.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 11:23 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Need a hug or are you alright hugging yourself?

Just tell me which great candidate to vote for. I’m excited to see things improve!

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 12:02 AM
posted by Ironman92

Just tell me which great candidate to vote for. I’m excited to see things improve!

You won't like my answer lol

I'm writing in Spike Cohen right now, but thinking about Dave Smith a lot.

Edit:

I did say that I would vote for Trump only if he chose Tulsi as his VP. But he won't choose her so I'm safe.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:01 AM
posted by majorspark

Yet you choose to live in a backward ass shithole.  They should run you out on a rail.  As for me my dry bones will turn to dust right here in the great state of Ohio. 

I moved back to Ohio 3 years ago.  The only reason I was there was because of a job situation.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:04 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If they are shitholes, it's not because they have a vast number of tent cities and hundreds of employees whose sole job is to clean literal shit from sidewalks. 

You don't like those states and that's fine. I don't have any personal experience with them outside of airports. So it doesn't bother me whatsoever that they have some of the lowest amounts of homelessness.

You still haven't refuted anything. Maybe Google something so that we can continue the argument. Perhaps googling "how hard is it to make a plan and then carry out the plan" is a good start. 

There aren’t tent cities because cheap housing is plentiful since demand is very low.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:57 AM

There aren’t tent cities because cheap housing is plentiful since demand is very low.

You can't stand it and I love it.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 1:55 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You can't stand it and I love it.

Can’t stand what?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 4:49 PM

So I guess Trump won the SC case, essentially giving a president a large amount of immunity.

gut

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 5:11 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So I guess Trump won the SC case, essentially giving a president a large amount of immunity.

Liberal justices be mad, and IMO undermining the credibility of the SCOTUS.  Ketanji Jackson appears to be a real piece of work dogwhistling to the usual suspects (and not the first time).

I didn't think this ruling was at all surprising or unreasonable.  Largely right down the middle affirming what EVERYONE has said for a long time, which is the POTUS can't be distracted with frivolous suits or concerned they could face criminal charges for doing the job to the best of their ability.

But those liberal justices are saying POTUS could order a Navy Seal to assassinate someone and be immune.  That's political gaslighting of the highest degree.  POTUS cannot order an assassination - that's illegal and therefore can't be an official act (not to mention, even if you claim it was an act of national security, it would rob the person of due process).  They also mention "presumed immunity", which is to say there's a high bar to clear (sorry, NY prosecutors) but that neither "official acts" nor "immunity" are absolute and subject to jurisprudence.

It's also fairly well established that campaign activities are separate from the Office and Official Acts.  This all changes very little with respect to Trump's cases.