Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Mar 6, 2021 9:27 AM
posted by Spock

If they want re-elected they will pull out fast.

That's what she said. 

superman

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 11:42 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You're onto him - Biden's sole goal is to let those brown skin Mexican farraners in to infect you and your women and children.   Their comin' to get ya Quaker!!!  They don't even speak English!!!!

If your IQ ever hits 80, you should sell. 

Fred Garvin

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 9:54 AM

Got my first dose yesterday. Pfizer. Arm is a bit sore today but other than that no issues.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 10:55 AM
posted by Fred Garvin

Got my first dose yesterday. Pfizer. Arm is a bit sore today but other than that no issues.

To be nosey....how old are you?

sportchampps

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 11:20 AM

How often does Ohio release te cases per 100k stat

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 11:32 AM
posted by Spock

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-08-21/h_0a5c1e4e02c8447fea6e6c33039b0f09?tab=all

So the CDC is going to come out with "what vaccinated people can do"

Really, GTFOH.  The CDC doesnt have any authority to dictate what people can do.

They are coming out with guidelines which are basically suggestions.  That's much different than enacting a law and dictating what you can or can't do.  

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 12:21 PM

They are coming out with guidelines which are basically suggestions.  That's much different than enacting a law and dictating what you can or can't do.  

Suggestions you say

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 12:40 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Suggestions you say

Of course someone's always got to go to the  Nazi/Hitler button.  Read:

• The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer
  • Adolf Hitler by Ian Kershaw
  • Becoming Hitler by Thomas Weber
  • Nazi Germany and the Jews by Saul Friedland

Just to name a few.  The US now and throughout its history has nothing in common with Nazi Germany.  CDC or other suggesting people maintain social distancing or wear a mask is only that - a suggestion.  If you don't want to do it, don't do it.  There's been a guideline about eating according to the food pyramid since the 1960s, and I'm not aware of anyone sent to a concentration camp for not eating their vegetables.  

Whenever a Democrat is in office, he/she is not one step away from Stalin.  Whenever a Republican is in office, he/she is not one step away from Hitler.  Those comparisons are so meaningless and frankly a huge insult to the people who had to live in those time.  Hell, read about the 1936 Olympics in Berlin and what life was like there at the time.  This is pre-death camp and I can assure you that no one in the US faces anything similar to the Nazi government of those years.  

Weak try.

Gardens35

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 12:57 PM

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich is most likely the best ever written on the subject.

Yes, terms like Nazi, Fascist, Dictator etc get tossed around frivolously.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:04 PM
posted by Gardens35

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich is most likely the best ever written on the subject.

Says the fascist...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:05 PM

And I know you're a fascist because we don't agree on everything.

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Weak try.

Thats true and fair, I should have used a non-quintessential example of restricting movement.  

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Whenever a Democrat is in office, he/she is not one step away from Stalin.  Whenever a Republican is in office, he/she is not one step away from Hitler.  

Those two political parties sounds awful, I don't support either of them

Gardens35

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Website Dictator!

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:11 PM

There's been a guideline about eating according to the food pyramid since the 1960s, and I'm not aware of anyone sent to a concentration camp for not eating their vegetables.  

No, but there is a movement to restrict/eliminate the consumption of animal protein, which is scary

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:22 PM
posted by Verbal Kint
No, but there is a movement to restrict/eliminate the consumption of animal protein, which is scary

Of that I will not abide.  My life without animal protein is not a happy one.  Vegetarianism is one step toward bridge jumping for me.  I have no wish to exist in a world of no steaks, BBQ or wings.  None.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 1:26 PM

Of that I will not abide.  My life without animal protein is not a happy one.  Vegetarianism is one step toward bridge jumping for me.  I have no wish to exist in a world of no steaks, BBQ or wings.  None.

Sounds like hell, tbh. I'd go down in a hail of bullets before living a meatless existence.

Gardens35

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 2:43 PM

50+ eligible for vaccine beginning Thursday.

BRF

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 2:58 PM
posted by Gardens35

50+ eligible for vaccine beginning Thursday.

Meanwhile, still waiting for mine at 68. 🙄

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 3:01 PM
posted by justincredible

Sounds like hell, tbh. I'd go down in a hail of bullets before living a meatless existence.

Me too.  A world without meat is dead to me.

Gardens35

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 3:58 PM
posted by BRF

Meanwhile, still waiting for mine at 68. 🙄

That's crazy, what the heck is going on out your way?

WE were notified on Thursday that we were eligible and had our shots the next day. Just another example of why Youngstown is the best place in the whole wide world!

Verbal Kint

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 6:17 PM
posted by Gardens35

That's crazy, what the heck is going on out your way?

WE were notified on Thursday that we were eligible and had our shots the next day. Just another example of why Youngstown is the best place in the whole wide world!

Obviously

sportchampps

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 6:23 PM

BRF have you tried used vaccinefinder.org. 

Spock

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 6:52 PM
posted by Gardens35

Agreed.  I studied European history between the wars in college (was going to teach history at one point).  Best class I ever had.