posted by Verbal Kint

No way the following states would be before Ohio:

New York

California

Illinois

Michigan

Oregon

Maryland

All of NE (Mass, Conn, Vt, NH, RI, Maine)

So would just need Minnesota, Virginia, Washington, or New Jersey to not pull the trigger

Virginia is getting as bad as NY and Cali with the people running that state, and we know about Jersey already. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 10:25 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Our partisan culture would never accept it.  We have to be on the winning side, the right side.  But that is not good enough.  We must vilify the losing side, the wrong side.  We won't allow courteous mask wearing to be the acceptable normal.  If someone goes out wearing a mask (when mandates are removed), you might as well put a scarlet "A" on their chest.  "UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!"

This is why also earlier in this thread I said I believe the sanctimonious mask crowd (like S&L and other posters here) might be more obnoxious than the anti everything/denial crowd. 

Verbal Kint

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 12:23 PM

Reading way too much common sense on this thread, pump the brakes there all you Thomas Paine's

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 12:28 PM

sportchampps

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 3:18 PM

I don’t mine one more month of mask mandates and slowly upping limits. By the end of this month we should have given all of the most vulnerable an opportunity to have the vaccine. After that let people choose when/where they wear their mask. I will wear mine in most situations until I am vaccinated. 

At the same time I’ve worked and went to Vegas for fun 3 times during the pandemic and haven’t gotten sick. We cut back on eating out but still go out to support local places about once a week. I’m willing to continue that another month or two until I’m vaccinated. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 5:54 PM

I'm okay with businesses continuing to require masks. Some certainly will. And some places might still limit capacity if they're able to pay the bills and strongly feel the need to do it for safety. But the state should lift all of their mandates immediately. It's been a year. It's time to let us all be adults now.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 5:55 PM

Fucking what?

friendfromlowry

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 7:04 PM

China can fuck off. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 8:54 AM

Take the vaccine, they said. Everything will be fine, they said.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:20 AM

Stores in some of these states like Target, Best Buy, etc. said they’ll continue requiring masks, which should make everything more complicated and confusing. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:31 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Stores in some of these states like Target, Best Buy, etc. said they’ll continue requiring masks, which should make everything more complicated and confusing. 

A sign on the door that says "masks still required" doesn't sound too confusing. But I can also read at at least a 5th grade level so I kinda see your point.

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:29 AM
posted by justincredible

A sign on the door that says "masks still required" doesn't sound too confusing. But I can also read at at least a 5th grade level so I kinda see your point.

The confusing part is who enforces that at the store? It has fallen on the store staff to do it and that has led to those viral stupid videos of people yelling about rights and shit. 

Automatik

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:31 AM

Both of my parents got their first shot this week. So now every older member of my fam is covered. It's a relief. Ohio seems to be doing it right regarding the rollout.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:32 AM

Yeah, it’s just a lot of “who’s right, who’s wrong” here. State governors are saying no, local mayors are saying yes, some stores have signs up saying they’re mandatory but also don’t want to enforce it.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:34 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The confusing part is who enforces that at the store? It has fallen on the store staff to do it and that has led to those viral stupid videos of people yelling about rights and shit. 

Well, those that don't want to wear masks will now have other options at the very least. Kroger will still require them, but H-E-B won't. They can shop at H-E-B. If I had the option, I'll go to the non-mask stores.

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by justincredible

Well, those that don't want to wear masks will now have other options at the very least. Kroger will still require them, but H-E-B won't. They can shop at H-E-B. If I had the option, I'll go to the non-mask stores.

Yeah, that always assume people are rational and will make that choice. Some people just want the conflict. Or, they do not want to travel somewhere else that is not a convenience.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah, that always assume people are rational and will make that choice. Some people just want the conflict. 

And they always have. And always will. This really changes nothing.

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:38 AM
posted by justincredible

And they always have. And always will. This really changes nothing.

True. You just will have those videos more and more now. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:39 AM

I think we should wait 2 weeks to see if that plays out...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Florida has no  statewide mask mandate, but some locales require them. I don't recall being inundated with these videos out of Florida, but I could have missed them.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by justincredible

Florida has no  statewide mask mandate, but some locales require them. I don't recall being inundated with these videos out of Florida, but I could have missed them.

I live in Florida, and most of the population is happy about how the Governor has handled the pandemic. The only ones that are screaming about him are those that want political gain. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 11:04 AM
posted by brutus161

I live in Florida, and most of the population is happy about how the Governor has handled the pandemic. The only ones that are screaming about him are those that want political gain. 

We're visiting Florida multiple times this year, largely due to their handling of the pandemic. We're about 50/50 on actually moving there, as well.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 11:07 AM
posted by justincredible

We're visiting Florida multiple times this year, largely due to their handling of the pandemic. We're about 50/50 on actually moving there, as well.

You may laugh, but the hottest area to move to right now is the Jacksonville area. Duval and surrounding counties are blowing up. There will be a shit ton of job opportunities coming. That's and odd statement to make for the states largest city and one of the most populated cities in the country, but people tend to forget about Jacksonville. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 11:23 AM
posted by brutus161

You may laugh, but the hottest area to move to right now is the Jacksonville area. Duval and surrounding counties are blowing up. There will be a shit ton of job opportunities coming. That's and odd statement to make for the states largest city and one of the most populated cities in the country, but people tend to forget about Jacksonville. 

Plus Jacksonville and the panhandle are much more closely aligned culturally to the Deep South as opposed yo central and south Florida - if that matters to you. 

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 11:29 AM
posted by brutus161

Yeah, aren't they also deepening the harbor there too to increase the port? They are trying to compete with the other east coast ports, like Savannah.  That is also leading to a boom in industry. 

I'll also add an Urban joke in here too as another guy leaving the state to move down there....