2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 10:10 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Saw on Twitter that Kamala Harris is being dragged for having an affair with a married man and getting plum positions (jobs) because of it. In today's climate people don't really care if you traipsed around with a cheater. For me it is her California ideology that will block me from voting for her. 

From looking at the list of names between dems and reps I am inclined not to vote for anybody. Much like I was in '16, but I voted for Johnson instead. I don't see a Johnson to vote for this time around so I might leave that box alone.

I'll be curious to see who the Libertarian candidate is for 2020. From the current pool of potential candidates, I'm hoping for a guy like Larry Sharpe over Bill f***ing Weld. Looking a little farther into the future, a guy like Glenn Jacobs really interests me. He'd likely run as a Republican, but he's definitely a libertarian in philosophy and I know he has larger political aspirations than his current office of Mayor of Knox County, TN. 

gut

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 10:57 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I am surrounded by corporate speak everyday. Can we please nip the use of “primaried” as a verb. Awful. 

So rather than a single word you'd prefer something like "fails to win the party nomination" or "gets defeated in the Republican primary"?

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 11:32 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

posted by SportsAndLady

I never said the other side isn’t creepy and weird. You both are. 

No, but you DID single out conservatives.  

Because I was talking to a conservative lol just because I didn’t mention the other side being weird and creepy doesn’t mean I don’t believe they are too. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 11:45 AM

I think we get it. Both sides are weird/creepy. Feel free to start an abortion thread if you want to continue this back and forth.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 12:16 PM
posted by gut

So rather than a single word you'd prefer something like "fails to win the party nomination" or "gets defeated in the Republican primary"?

Yes I would.  It would be one small victory in a sea of expressions such as:

Let's hack the culture.

We can leverage our position.

Let's capture the low hanging fruit.

This is in our wheelhouse.

We need to bookend this project.

Let's highlight the value add.

We cannot boil the ocean.

It's not use to shout at the rain.

We have synergistic competencies.

Things like this.  Corporate speak is so awful.  I like it on here in part because it provides relief from that stuff.  That's why I shudder when I see "primaried".  

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 12:21 PM

Let's hack the culture.

Things like this.  Corporate speak is so awful.  I like it on here in part because it provides relief from that stuff.  That's why I shudder when I see "primaried".  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 1:16 PM

Let's hack the culture.

Just chill out little guy.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 1:59 PM

Wtf boogie. Most random spur of anger ever on the OC. Or at least up there. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 2:01 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'm not angry at all.  Just making a request.  It is apparently being denied and I accept that.  

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 2:05 PM
posted by justincredible

I think we get it. Both sides are weird/creepy. 

You're weird and creepy.  Burden of proof to the contrary is on you.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 2:11 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

The best was that poster's rant (rlc?) about hating australia/new zealand when of those golfers were about to win a major.  I forget the name, but he was also a duke fan.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 2:27 PM
posted by like_that

The best was that poster's rant (rlc?) about hating australia/new zealand when of those golfers were about to win a major.  I forget the name, but he was also a duke fan.

reclegend. The Duke stuff was annoying because he constantly leg-humped them and the ACC, but his out-of-nowhere rants against stuff like Australia were legendary.

QuakerOats

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 3:25 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Ok, hard reset. 

As this is the 2020 thread, let's see officially who is running. 

For the Ds: 

• Elizabeth Warren 
  • Kamala Harris 
  • Kirsten Gillibrand 
  • Julian Castro 
  • Pete Buttigieg 
  • John Delaney 
  • Andrew Yang
  • Tulsi Gabbard (announced she is looking into it, but that is it so far) 

Said he is looking into it: Independent Howard Schultz.

Others that are most likely going to run for the Ds: 

• Cory Booker 
  • Joe Biden 
  • Bernie Sanders

All others are possible runs and includes like 10 others. 

Running where … Venezuela ?

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 3:28 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

You're weird and creepy.  Burden of proof to the contrary is on you.

Justin may have to get a restraining order against you. 

QuakerOats

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 3:30 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I never said the other side isn’t creepy and weird. You both are. 

Defending the life of the innocent just moments prior to birth….is creepy? 

Good God.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 5:20 PM
posted by like_that

Lol. Reclegend was the best

fish82

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 8:19 PM

Starting to look like Trump should consider seeing if Mike Cohen would still be willing to slide some campaign cash Kamala's way. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jan 29, 2019 9:40 PM

Kanaka didn’t make it 24 hours before having to walk back her Medicare for all claim. Just promise everything to everyone with no way to ever pay for it. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 7:47 AM
posted by iclfan2

Kanaka didn’t make it 24 hours before having to walk back her Medicare for all claim. Just promise everything to everyone with no way to ever pay for it. 

Is that a nickname or typo?  Either way, it reminds me of Tatanka the wrestler, and I like it, because it brings (perhaps unintentionally) the lulz.  Even though it doesn't make sense.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 8:24 AM
posted by like_that

Is that a nickname or typo?  Either way, it reminds me of Tatanka the wrestler, and I like it, because it brings (perhaps unintentionally) the lulz.  Even though it doesn't make sense.

Lol Kamala. My phone sucks at autocorrect.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 12:04 PM
posted by like_that

Now that just isn't fair. Her name naturally brings back memories of Kamala the Ugandan Giant, so having her follow Liz Warren and appropriate the Indian wrestler's name is just being greedy, lol!

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 12:46 PM

Harris has the best campaign slogan seen so far, "It's not who you know, it's who you blow".

gut

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 1:38 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Harris has the best campaign slogan seen so far, "It's not who you know, it's who you blow".

Granted, if we can survive Trump and Obama, then experience and qualification really don't matter.

And something wrong with accepting a 6-yr term as Senator, and then turning around and running for POTUS after just 2 years.  Obama did the same thing, and I'm sure some Republicans have (Ted Cruz comes to mind).

The two parties are turning out people who can win a popularity contest, rather than leaders.  Yes, politics is a popularity contest.  But the bar should be higher than just someone who speaks well and checks off a few boxes.

Spock

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 1:57 PM
posted by gut

Granted, if we can survive Trump and Obama, then experience and qualification really don't matter.

And something wrong with accepting a 6-yr term as Senator, and then turning around and running for POTUS after just 2 years.  Obama did the same thing, and I'm sure some Republicans have (Ted Cruz comes to mind).

The two parties are turning out people who can win a popularity contest, rather than leaders.  Yes, politics is a popularity contest.  But the bar should be higher than just someone who speaks well and checks off a few boxes.

A country with 350,000,000 people in it and these are the 15-20 people that we can get on both sides to be president.  Pretty sad state of affairs here in the good ole USA