2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

gut

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 6:52 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

There are many, many young people either just out of college or still in college who want to have their tuition paid for. Just the other day I saw a pic of somebody went to an ivy league (I think) to get a degree in speech pathology. over $200,000.00 later she wants help to pay it off.

I'm almost looking forward to all this "free shit", just to see the reactions when taxes go up significantly and these free loaders look at their paycheck and be like "where did all my money go?"

It will be insane.  The reason many people don't buy insurance is because it's not something you use or want until you need it, and they prefer to spend their money on more immediate satisfaction.  So you give them "free" insurance and then tax them to pay for it and there's going to be a ton of small govt converts practically overnight.  And college?  Wait a minute, you went to a community college why should you help pay for her to go to Harvard?  What happened to my paycheck - it wasn't supposed to work this way!!!!

BoatShoes

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 7:57 PM

I am pulling for Sherrod Brown to get in. He can beat Trump in MI, OH and PA. Don't know if the folks in my party who are intent on having a non-white man will let it happen thought. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 8:19 PM
posted by BoatShoes

I am pulling for Sherrod Brown to get in. He can beat Trump in MI, OH and PA. Don't know if the folks in my party who are intent on having a non-white man will let it happen thought. 

Alternatively, I saw an article today where a major dem pac has already given up on Ohio (priority USA). But like you said, no chance they even give Brown a platform. 

Spock

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 8:54 PM

These dems are going to race to the bottom during their primaries.  I cant wait for the debates.....i can hear it now...all the dumb free shit everyone is getting

Rotinaj

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:18 AM
posted by Spock

These dems are going to race to the bottom during their primaries.  I cant wait for the debates.....i can hear it now...all the dumb free shit everyone is getting

Your buddy Trump going to promise that wall again during his campaign? Maybe even pinky promise this time? Politicians campaign on what they think will get them the votes. Every last one of them will say anything to get an extra vote. There is no way in hell college, healthcare, whatever will be free but they know its what a lot of folks want to hear. Trump knows damn well he isn't going to get his wall, but that's what his base wants to hear. We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:26 AM
posted by BoatShoes

0 chance he wins the primary.  You can save this post. 

fish82

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:51 AM
posted by BoatShoes

So can Joe Biden. It'll be interesting to see if he tosses his hat in the ring. 

wkfan

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by Rotinaj

We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

There is not an honest person in Washington...all that they care about is getting elected, and then re-elected again to stay on what has become the greatest job on the planet.  You get elected to one term, and you get your 6 figure salary for life, free and exorbidant health benefits that us 'public' scum cannot qualify for and, really no accountability for your results because the general population votes on your gender or race or the initial behind your name (R or D), not on what you really stand for or what, if any headway that you make in solving the litany of issues that our country has.

Serving in Congress was not intended to be a career....and should not be, but there is not a Representative or Congress-person who will ever introduce a bill that would include term limits because it would kill their golden goose.

There is not a person in Washington who gives a shit about the public or their constituents....not one bit.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:42 AM
posted by wkfan

There is not an honest person in Washington...all that they care about is getting elected, and then re-elected again to stay on what has become the greatest job on the planet.  You get elected to one term, and you get your 6 figure salary for life, free and exorbidant health benefits that us 'public' scum cannot qualify for and, really no accountability for your results because the general population votes on your gender or race or the initial behind your name (R or D), not on what you really stand for or what, if any headway that you make in solving the litany of issues that our country has.

Serving in Congress was not intended to be a career....and should not be, but there is not a Representative or Congress-person who will ever introduce a bill that would include term limits because it would kill their golden goose.

I think a decent chunk of people recognize this, which is why I find it ridiculous when they dismiss rhetoric that advocates for reducing the Government's role in everything. The answer is right there, but everyone wants to dig into their "teams," or people legitimately believe Government is the answer as long as their "team" is in charge.  You have to have quite the ego to actually believe this, and sadly a lot of people do. 

Spock

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:01 AM
posted by Rotinaj

Your buddy Trump going to promise that wall again during his campaign? Maybe even pinky promise this time? Politicians campaign on what they think will get them the votes. Every last one of them will say anything to get an extra vote. There is no way in hell college, healthcare, whatever will be free but they know its what a lot of folks want to hear. Trump knows damn well he isn't going to get his wall, but that's what his base wants to hear. We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

keep thinking that.  

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:21 AM
posted by wkfan

There is not a person in Washington who gives a shit about the public or their constituents....not one bit.

Serving the country came at great personal sacrifice and risk to one's very life. We should relocate the capital to the south side of Chicago or similar to see how many of the current crop are actually patriots.

gut

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Seems like they all operate from the same playbook now - say and promise whatever it takes to get you the votes, then say and promise the same things next election cycle but blame the other party from blocking you from implementing it.  And voters keep falling for that schtick, every time.

QuakerOats

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:49 AM
posted by like_that

0 chance he wins the primary.  You can save this post. 

And -0- chance he wins Ohio even if he won the primary.  His career is actually a -0-.

wkfan

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:56 AM
posted by QuakerOats

And -0- chance he wins Ohio even if he won the primary.  His career is actually a -0-.

As is he.......

As a side note, I was in Washington last summer and got tickets to sit in the gallery of the Senate.  One of the Senators that we heard speak was Sherrod Brown.  Kept saying 'Just to get this on the record......' and then railed on something that Trump either did or said, or didn't do or didn't say.  Seemed like all he was trying to do was to get his name and statements into the Congressional Record and really had nothing of substance to say....nothing but posturing and bashing the current President who did not share the letter behind his name.

Are we not better than this?

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:57 AM
posted by gut

Seems like they all operate from the same playbook now - say and promise whatever it takes to get you the votes, then say and promise the same things next election cycle but blame the other party from blocking you from implementing it.  And voters keep falling for that schtick, every time.

Which is probably why Trump was so gung-ho about building the wall AFTER the dems took the house. He doesn’t actually care about building it; he just wants to pretend the dems were the reason why it never got built so he can win another re-election. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 12:01 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Which is probably why Trump was so gung-ho about building the wall AFTER the dems took the house. He doesn’t actually care about building it; he just wants to pretend the dems were the reason why it never got built so he can win another re-election. 

lol, not "probably," it 100% is the reason.  No doubt he knew his emergency order wasn't going to be allowed either. 

gut

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by like_that

lol, not "probably," it 100% is the reason.  No doubt he knew his emergency order wasn't going to be allowed either. 

Right.  Because the Republicans had a full two budget cycles to appropriate the money while they controlled the House.  The funny thing is, why do Rush and Coulter actually appear to care if the wall gets built?

Dems taking the House was big for Trump, especially if they're going to open like 80 different investigations on him.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 12:39 PM

Newsfeeds blowing up announcing Brown will not be running.

gut

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 12:53 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Newsfeeds blowing up announcing Brown will not be running.

Bloomberg not running, either.  Moderates aren't even going to waste their time trying in that party, except maybe Biden.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 8:11 PM

Add Beto to the list of DNC primary candidates.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 8:43 PM

I hope Abrams runs too. What a shit show. Biden to me is still the only one with a chance 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 7:04 AM
posted by like_that

Add Beto to the list of DNC primary candidates.

That brings the number up to 12 people, I think. I have to wonder how many more will throw their name in. I would guess it's a little too soon to say that's the final tally. 

I'm going to guess 15.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 7:10 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That brings the number up to 12 people, I think. I have to wonder how many more will throw their name in. I would guess it's a little too soon to say that's the final tally. 

I'm going to guess 15.

Biden is definitely running, so I think 15 is a safe bet.